AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Welcome!

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Annt

annt is offline Neophyte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
    Welcome Annt
    It is so nice to know that I am not alone in an large AGR and facing all the challenges
    NY10 and swirlingnurse like this.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to Ageless, Annt. I'm curious to know how your daughter and your friend took the news of your relationship. One of my daughter's friends used to ask me out a lot after I left my ex-husband, but I would never have considered it, my daughter would probably never have forgiven me!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Welcome Annt!
    "Two generations, One love!"

YoungOhio is offline Neophyte
    Hey everyone!
    I'm Chris, an 18 (going on 19) year old Male in Ohio. I always got along much better with older women than woman my age, so i thought I'd check out this forum and say hello. Make a few friends and who knows

edmacori is offline Neophyte

Smile Hello

I'm new here. I'm 25 yrs old living just outside New York City. I'm looking for older.

I'm currently in my last semester of college (thank **** ) with a major in visual arts but concentrating in photography.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Hi YoungOhio and edmacori. You might find it more useful to post a personal ad in the relevant forum area

OW/YM Singles - personal ads ALLOWED for younger men looking for older women. I don't know if you're male or female, edmacori, you didn't say. I don't know how active those boards are though, so you might be better off trying a dating site.

The vast majority of people here are already in age gap relationsips.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by edmacori View Post
    I'm new here. I'm 25 yrs old living just outside New York City. I'm looking for older.

I'm currently in my last semester of college (thank **** ) with a major in visual arts but concentrating in photography.
    Welcome! What a lovely career!
    As fiorinda said, post an ad in the Personal Ads and maybe a member will contact you.
    In the meantime, read OW/YM threads, to learn about age gap relationships. Actually they are not that different from regular relationships.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

EMTLove is offline Neophyte

just to say hi and let you know our story!

Hi everyone! Great to be part of an age gap community. So myself (26) and my man Si (50) met 6 months ago on our EMT training course. We had noticed eachother in the lobby waiting to be collected by our tutors but never realised that the other was checking us out. We stated our training and as the weeks went on we would go to the pub on a Friday night and both stay till last to just get time alone with the other And talk for hrs just about how we got to our EMT training and what we had done in life before. After a few weeks of this and much flirting when alone. We started our ALS resuss and would crew together, when changing over compressions or vents we would touch hands or rub legs so we was starting to realise that we did both like eachother. Then one night after an evening in the pub Si txt me in Russian (he did a degree in Russian) "I Think I'm falling in love with you" I had a feeling I knew it was about love but after fighting with Google translate it gave me the translation and my heart skipped! I was so happy to know I wasn't imagining it because how intensely I felt about him. Shortly after this was our training groups Christmas meal and as I lived out of London it was decided I would stay with Si so I didn't have to leave early in his spare room. Well I didn't stay in his spare room that night :-P and we have never looked back since, we are happy having fun and loving our training!
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

Lotus is offline Neophyte

New Member - Experienced but still learning.

Hi Everyone,

I am 40 years old asian professional woman not entirely new to OW/YM relationships. My first marriage to and older man who was 11 years older than me was short lived, then I had a 7 years relationship with a handsome young man who is 8 years younger than me. We had a good 5 years out of the 7 years and eventually grew apart. We moved on. I am involved for the past four months with a young man 22 years old, who is son of my second cousin. So he is actually second cousin once-removed. He calls my maternal grand father, great great grandfather on his dads maternal side. So in terms of genealogy he supposed to call me aunt. Of course, it is not prohibited by law in Asia, as they only restrict down to first cousin marrying each other or having relationships with each other. Culturally however, the family restricts three generations down.

I met him while taking a medical leave due to job burnt-out and went to Asia for 6 months to rest, relax and take care of my health. His family is a neighbor having their residence and farm next door to my grand father farm house. He just transferred from the city to work in the emergency ward at the local hospital for a month before I went there last November. My mother, a few years back, had paid for his nursing education because she was doing a lot of charity works to help the extended family there. His family was helped a lot by my mother and my uncles for years.

Anyway, when i came back to Asia, we met, he is a decent looking young man 5ft11 and 75kg. He took me around the area a few times. At first I thought he was just being nice because my mother had paid for his education. I did not think of it much. Then last Christmas, I had an asthma and panic attack, I landed in the hospital emergency ward the day he was on shift. He took care of me and from that day on, dropped by my grandfather house where I was staying at often and spends all his time outside of work with me. He took me to places to buy herbs, buy medicine and essentials....etc... took me sight seeing around the area, have dinners and coffees. He actively pursued me and hinted many times that he liked me, we flirted back and forth until one night we went to rent a room for karaoke and had too much to drink, we ended up in bed with each other then we carried on after that.

My mother is oblivious about our relationship and was always fond of him. She did not allow me to travel alone so he went with me on three trips to tourist destinations for 3-4 days each while I was in Asia. We kept our relationship secret until one of my aunt found out and the family put up major resistance to us being together.

Although he nursed me back to health and being with him made me looks years younger, my mother and her family is still against our relationship. They put up major resistance and say that we committed incest. Of course that is not the case. The laws in Asia does not forbid our relationship or marriage.

So now I am back in Canada taking care of business, getting through some tough financial times so that I can wrap things up and return to Asia to be with him. We figure that we will leave our ancestry village and go live elsewhere for a few years before I bring him to Canada. We cannot get married because I as a foreigner and I must be registered at our ancestors village where he is currently residing to sign the legal documents. The family is totally against it and puts pressures on the local government to stop it. I do not think we can legally get married in Asia.

We are keeping a long distance relationship right now and planning to be together by the end of this year.
    It is one thing to be with a man 8 years younger, being with a man 18 years younger is a different story. With our familial relationship, he calls me aunt, so it complicates things. We are dealing with a tough family resistance to our partnership.

Lotus is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Monnalisa View Post
    Hi i am new here and very happy to find this site. the site is very encouraging and instructing. I love to read about long distance relationship and how a couple with age gap work things out.

I am a woman at 40s from a south-east asian country where relationship between older woman and younger man is not acceptable. My family does not agree with me having long distance relationship with a younger man and does whatever they can to end the relationship. I am depressed and cry alone often. stories from people who are experiencing similar situations encourage me very much.
    Hi, I am also 40 yrs old, from south-east asian background. I had previously lived in a 7 years relationship with an asian man 8 yrs younger. Now I am in a relationship with a young man 18 years younger, so I know what you mean with the tough family resistance. PM if you like!

bmbr is offline Neophyte

Saying Hello

Hi Everyone,
    I am really thankful for stumbling across this forum. My life has taken an insane turn and sometimes I wonder if I have a brain tumor based on the life choices I have been making!
    Thankfully I see I am not the only one so that confirms no brain tumor.

Our story begins with a dog.

I had been in the automotive industry for 20+ years and then decided one day that I had enough, quit my job, cashed in my 401K and opened my own business. I now own and operate a dog daycare. I have been open one full year and the future is incredibly bright! One of the best decisions I have ever made. In June of last year (2014) this young guy called to bring me his 5 month old lab. Let me tell you, this puppy was awful. Barked, temper fitted....Just not at all a fit for the dogs I was signing on for my play group. On his second visit, I was telling the guy about all the problems I was having with his puppy and that he needed to do some more work at home. He looked at me with these beautiful blue eyes and asked point blank "Well, what do you want me to do to fix it?" In that moment he got my attention.

Time went on and every time he came to pick up his dog he would hang around for at least an hour talking to me. I thought I was crazy. I would go home and tell my daughter (18) about this guy and that I thought he was flirting with me but it made no sense. Here was this incredibly good looking young man spending time at my desk. I was an old married woman that he couldn't possibly be interested in. The days his dog came to daycare ended up being my favorite days. We talked about life, hobbies, family....All under a customer based relationship. Eventually we evolved into friends. I say eventually, but it happened pretty quickly. We started hanging out more. He took me out for dinner on my birthday, I showed him how to dirtbike and helped him find his first Motocross bike. (I am a dirtbike addict.)

During this time period, my husband and I were completely apart. We had turned into roommates instead of lovers after 11 years of being together. My husband worked second shift and even on days we were home together he was more interested in being on the computer than spending time with me. I was very lonely and very sad. However, I was focused on my start up business so the marriage really didn't matter to me. I accepted it for what it was and settled into the idea that it was how my life was going to be.....then in walked a cute boy with his dog and everything changed.

I started laughing, smiling, enjoying life. I found myself rushing home after work and showering, putting on make up and perfume! My daughter and husband didn't mind it when I was in the chair being alone and sad but as soon as I was happy they started freaking out. In November, 2014, my husband filed for divorce after giving me the ultimatum of my guy or him. Without hesitation, I chose the guy. So in my insanity, I lost all financial security, health insurance and 185# of boat anchor. Needless to say I could not be happier. Once the papers were filed, I decided that I would allow this relationship to grow. I decided to see where it would take me.

So here we are. I am broke, working my tail off with a start up business and madly in love. I feel so silly because this is how teenage girls feel....well, kind of. This man has changed everything for me. I cannot tell you all the things he has taught me. The law of attraction was at play in regards to our meeting each other. I have never experienced anything so pure and honest in my entire life. We have a significant gap of 21 years. He is 21, I am 42...and I do not care. I adore him. He treats me with more respect and honor than any other person in my life. We support each other's goals and dreams. He helps me with the business and we are long term planning a second location in a warmer climate.

I know not what the future will hold for us but I am going to love him like there is no tomorrow and treasure every second I have with this beautiful creature. We make each other better people and I cannot imagine a life without him (while acknowledging it is a distinct possibility). I am going all in because in order to win big you have to risk big and for me, life with out risk really isn't a life worth living. I am still astounded at what has happened in such a short time period. I look at us with disbelief and wonder whose life I am really looking at. Surrealism at its finest!

Anyway, a huge hello and thank you for being here. I feel so much better knowing I am not the only one to be experiencing this seemingly magical relationship. I know that when I was 21, the boys were never this sweet, caring, bold, courageous, kind.....hotttttttttt......

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to ageless. I loved hearing your story and it sounds like you made the right choice even though it might have been scary or crazy to others. Falling love is a great wonderful thing that takes sacrifice and even though there could be hard times the good times make up for it.

I also have to add I love how it was his dog that brought you together. I am a pet/dog lover and it just seems like that is a perfect love story to me.

bmbr is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
    Welcome to ageless. I loved hearing your story and it sounds like you made the right choice even though it might have been scary or crazy to others. Falling love is a great wonderful thing that takes sacrifice and even though there could be hard times the good times make up for it.

I also have to add I love how it was his dog that brought you together. I am a pet/dog lover and it just seems like that is a perfect love story to me.

Thank you!!

When I read it, it does sound like a Nicholas Sparks novel...... I am incredibly fortunate.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    What a great story bmbr. It made me smile, it kinda reminded me how it was for me 10 years ago.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.