AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Welcome!

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome EMTlove, Lotus and bmbr!!

I'm now 50 and my husband is 26. We met 4 years ago in May and we've been married now 6 months. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but if the person you're with is the right one for you, it's certainly worth it!
    Lotus likes this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

desife is offline Neophyte

hello

hi, just passing through.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I hope after 11 years together he doesn't spend all his time on the computer and you find yourself seeking another avenue in life, complete with other young "customers" to fill the void where he left off.

I'm sorry, but I'm speaking from the perspective of a man. I'm trying to feel what your husband must feel and think what he must think. Rightly or wrongly, he was with you. He must have loved you at one time, and you love him, or the two of you wouldn't have gotten married. Your daughter and he feel understandably betrayed. You replaced him with a "newer model". People go balistic when a man does that, but when a woman does it its kind of sheek.

Please, don't misunderstand me. I understand what you're going through and I can identify with your excitement. But when people are getting hurt in the process, it makes it kind of.... well... different.
    Circles likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Quote Originally Posted by CNYBachelor View Post
    Only I get the Filipinas interested in me.
    Anyway! HI!!
    Hey, don't scoff at that! I think women from the Philippines are the most beautiful women in the world. Long distance is a bummer, I know. Then you have to deal with the immigration headache. But in the end, it was worth it for me.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

HotGrandma is offline Neophyte
    Yay! Finally got approved

(My computer skills are not the greatest so please bear with me). . .

I'm 52, my man is 30. We've been together almost 2 years. We actually have known each other 5 years, we work together. It's kind of crazy how we got together - I was separated from my ex-husband (we've been divorced a little over 2 years, he is 3 years older than I am, we have 5 children together, one of them being 28 years old) and my man was young, single and looking to find a girl his own age. In other words, we had no interest in each other. We started out as friends -- with me being more of an older sister/mother type figure and he filling the role of younger brother/son -- likely because I have children that are within his age range. The job we have requires us to pretty much work side by side, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. We got to know each other very well because of how much time we spent together at work, and he and I became friends outside of work as well. I even tried to set him up with my daughter (the 28 year old) at one point (didn't happen, but they've become casual friends).

At some point, things shifted -- I could tell he was interested in pursuing a physical relationship with me and I felt the same way, so I let him know I was also interested and willing. We ended up entering into a physical thing -- kept it quiet from everyone, mainly because we didn't want work drama, and also because we knew our families would have a difficult time with it (we still have everything pretty much on the DL, for the same reasons, but I did tell my daughter (she is good with it) and I know some of my other children suspect we are "together" but don't feel they can come out and ask me if we are with each other. We've had a good time, obviously there have been things we've had to address between the two of us, but I am grateful that he has been very open and honest about what we're doing, what we see happening in the future, how we should handle everything.

At some point, things shifted again and it became more than a physical thing. It became us falling in love with each other. And that's been somewhat trickier to deal with. For both of us. He would like to get married and have children at some point -- I have already done all that and am not able to have anymore children (not that I'd even want anymore at this point, I just became a grandma 2 months ago, yay!) and that is where the difficulty comes into play. He is in love with me and I am in love with him, but we both know it can't go anywhere long term. Yet we are unable to break it off. Or, I guess I should say I am unable to break it off - I try but I can't ever stick to my guns. I'm sure working together doesn't help -- if I didn't have to see him all the time it would be much easier to let him go. I go back and forth between "well, just enjoy what we have until it comes to its natural end" and "I need to stop this now before he finds someone else and I end up broken-hearted." Plus, you add in the "trying to keep it hidden" factor and it is just so hard.

I honestly believe we are soulmates, as does he. Yet we both realize we will never be together forever. Some of the best moments of my life have come in the 2 year period we've been together. The same goes for him. And yet. It will have to end at some point, and I just don't seem to want to face that. And, as of right now, neither does he. So, that's basically where I'm at. I came across this forum when I was googling, "older women, younger men" relationships and just by reading here, I can see that these relationships can work. Which, that thrills me. But I am also not in so much denial that I don't realize, our age-gap love will not likely have that same happy ending I read about.

But I've also learned to "never say never." Otherwise, I would miss out on SO MANY things. This being the greatest thing of all.

That was very long, and I didn't even say nearly all I wanted to say,lol. But just wanted to say hello and how glad I am this place exists, I think I may need it.

ButterflyEffect is offline Neophyte

Hello everyone!

My membership application has finally been approved, so it's time to introduce myself.
    I'm a 30 yo YM in a relationship wit 55 yo OW. We've met 15 months ago, it's hard to say since when we've been together.. :-)
    Things going great so far. I will share more of my story in a "happy stories" some day I hope.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

Welcome, ButterflyEffect. It's great to have you hear and we hope to hear more of your story.

Congrats on your newfound love!

RoyalPurple is offline Neophyte

New

Hello, I am new here, I typed in relationship age gap support groups and came upon this site. I need some advice/support from people who can possibly relate to me. I am 36 years old, I have been with my 59 year old boyfriend for 13 years now. Our age difference has always been "there" but seems like lately it's affecting me more than him. I have known him for much longer than we have been together, I know that plays a part in why I stay, but I also know I can find someone else but I don't want to. I just don't know if I would be better off leaving, I am unsure of what is going on in his head that he seems to think we are doing so good right now. I am happy for the most part, I just wonder if sacrificing my sexual life and I guess social life is worth doing for my relationship. I know I said some things wrong but I really am confused right now. Thanks for reading, anyone with advice or something would be appreciated to hear from them. Thanks :-)

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalPurple View Post
    Hello, I am new here, I typed in relationship age gap support groups and came upon this site. I need some advice/support from people who can possibly relate to me. I am 36 years old, I have been with my 59 year old boyfriend for 13 years now. Our age difference has always been "there" but seems like lately it's affecting me more than him. I have known him for much longer than we have been together, I know that plays a part in why I stay, but I also know I can find someone else but I don't want to. I just don't know if I would be better off leaving, I am unsure of what is going on in his head that he seems to think we are doing so good right now. I am happy for the most part, I just wonder if sacrificing my sexual life and I guess social life is worth doing for my relationship. I know I said some things wrong but I really am confused right now. Thanks for reading, anyone with advice or something would be appreciated to hear from them. Thanks :-)
    First welcome to AGL,

you have been in your relationship for sometime now, is the age gap something that is a big concern for you these days?

I have always been a firm believer that if you are no longer happy or you feel that you are not getting everything you want and need out of your relationship than it needs to be addressed. If he doesn't think there's a problem and you are not satisfied staying and not being happy is only going to continue on making the problems worse.

I can understand why after investing all these years and time would make you second guess changing or leaving the relationship but if you truly feel that something is missing and if he is not going to make changes or doesn't feel that there is an issue than you have to do what is best for you at this time.

What exactly are you not happy with. If you are feeling that sexually that something is missing or you're missing out on something than you should talk to your partner about maybe being more intimate or changing things up. If it is the overall relationship and you are not as in love and excited about it as you once were than that also needs to be addressed and maybe together you both can find some things to do together to better off your long term relationship.

This is something you need to search within yourself to find the answers and the solution to the problems that you are facing.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    After a 13 yr relationship, I would invest in couples counseling. If that does not work, proceed with separation.
    I divorced my same-age husband after 18 years, but I did cross the "t"s and dotted the "i"s, with 3 counsellors, one new age therapy, hypnosis, Catholic group counselling, vacation abroad... IOW, I can't say I did not try.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

miss_mac is offline Neophyte
    Hi everyone, i"m new and thought I would just introduce myself. I'm a 22 year old woman, my partner is 45 and we're currently expecting our first child together. It's a little earlier than I would have planned i suppose, but we're in love and making things work. I'm glad to finally find somewhere to talk with people in the same situation as me, most general relationship forums tend to judge the age difference.

Hi miss_mac. Welcome to Ageless! I hope you find friendship and support here, and I know you'll enjoy the conversation.

Good luck and more power to you!

Slimv is offline Neophyte

Hello, but I don't think the forum will let me post

New here for several weeks. Got approved to post, but I never see my posts, so I guess no one will see this.
    -Steve

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimv View Post
    New here for several weeks. Got approved to post, but I never see my posts, so I guess no one will see this.
    -Steve
    I can see three posts that you've made so it looks like you're in.

Search4Some1 is offline Neophyte

Hello everyone.

Hello everyone. I did not come across this thread where new members introduce themselves until now. Been here for about a month. Better late than never, so here goes. I have given a detailed description about myself in the ad section, so let me copy those relevant points for you.

I am 28, from Bangalore, India, living here on a modest income, single. I have never been with an older woman before, though I have strongly felt most attracted to them. No, its not the mere physicality if you think of it that way. I think that it must be aura - the serene, sweet, magical, ageless purity with a wild side hidden underneath... They have the experience that life gives them, they are more understanding, and at times they are just like teenage girls too. Such a lovely mix of personalities. I was always attracted to them ever since my boyhood and it was always my utmost desire of mine to be with an older woman, have a relationship, even marry her... Unfortunately, our being a closed society then, and not too better now, even asking out an older woman would have been considered weird here... Things are changing here, maybe in another generation we might accept such relationships. But the negative stigma here makes older women with a similar mentality to suppress those desires. Hence even if we decide to give those societal fetters to the winds, we would never know who was/is interested.

So here I was, looking online for like-minded people who might have shared their own stories, when I chanced upon this site. It feels so good to see that so many people from around the world feel the same way, and are having successful, beautiful relationships just as I envisioned. Cheers to all.

So if there is there anyone out there, in any corner of the world, who is similarly looking for the younger man of her dreams, in order to make a couple complete emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually? Looks do not matter to me, neither does ethnicity, religion, race, physical disability or anything of that sort. Neither does your bank account, or your stature in society. I only look for you as a person, with a heart to love, a mind to share, care, and a will to live life to the fullest, shedding all inhibitions. If you are sitting in a far-off place and reading this, I know that you might consider it very unlikely given our current situation, and stupid of me to think about being with you. But they say, you must look far and wide for your perfect love. And so I do. And it is a smaller world each day, so one day, who knows. Deep down, if you feel the same way, then please do not hesitate to drop me a line. Maybe you and I were the ones destined for each other?

A bit more about me. As I said before, I work, study a bit, looking for higher studies and better options. I am not exactly a conversation starter, at times you might see me tongue-tied lol. I am basically an outdoors kind of person-I work out, into all kinds of sports, go on nature trails whenever possible. I love checking out places and exploring them in minute details, especially from a historical perspective. Emotionally, mentally-I am polite, sympathetic, yet firm when necessary, I have a drive and a will to achieve. I am romantic by nature, and believe in giving and taking respect. I love animals, nature. On the sexual side, I love variety, thrills, but usually love a dash of romance added to it, however kinky it might get ... I agree its quite a paradox but it added to the thrill... As for being sexually attracted, again, a woman's body hardly matters. It is the vibes she gives, and the emotional, mental connect that matters most for a satisfying physical relationship. Looks are very secondary. Spiritually-I am spiritual, with a dash of practicality. I respect others beliefs, faiths, and ideals, so long as they do not infringe on others freedom, or completely leave the world of reason.

PS: I will exchange pictures and contacts once we get to know each other. I hope that is ok with you. If you are a scammer, please spare me.