AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ageless upgraded - concerns, requests, suggestions welcome!

scott2075 Guest
    Well, everyone pretty much covered everything! Maybe you should add a feature where you can click on a pic to enlarge it? Like the avatars.

Chessaere Guest

Peekaboo

DISLIKES: it needs more cowbell, busted chat feature, that we have over 23k members and only maybe a few hundred are active (aka, purge accounts that have been inactive with 0 posts for over six months)

Anyhow, this post idea above would be bad since there are many of us who read posts to keep up but we rarely post. We're here, we're just quiet people.

Chessa~

yellowrose is offline Texas Gal
    Ageless gives me a sense of belonging to a community. I love the different people, from different countries even!

I wish the archive, kept all the posts always. I think right now it only keeps 500. It is nice when someone posts a problem, to be able to go back and get more history. That way you can try to give them the best suggestions.

whiterose is offline Administrator

Ageless Site Upgrade - Suggestions, Comments, Concerns?

In case you haven't noticed, our site has undergone an upgrade. Thanks to the magic of our new techical administrator, Ohiosweetheart, we have lots of new features. We may also still have some kinks to iron out.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns, please post them here on this thread.

LADave is offline Born 200 years too late
    What is the multi-quote feature for? I haven't tried it yet.
    "You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."--Anon

ohiosweetheart Guest
    I'll be posting a thread detailing each new feature along with instructions in the next day or two. But in short, this is how it works -

Say you're reading a thread and want to reply to several different posts in said thread. In the past, you'd have to quote them one at a time, thus having several different replies. NOW, however, you can multiquote - reply to several different posts in the same thread - in ONE nice, neat, tidy little post

Here's how -
    In each post that you want to quote and reply to, click on the multi-quote button (which I'll be re-designing, btw) in each of the posts. This marks each of those posts for quoting. THEN, after you've clicked on the MQ button on every post that you want to reply to, on the last one, click the Quote button. This activates the multiquote feature.
    You'll then be taken to the text editor as usual, however now, you will see ALL of those quote, in one place. HERE, you can type your reply after each of the posts. I'll demonstrate this in the other thread that y'all were spamming (J/K !!).

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask. That's what I'm here for

yellowrose is offline Texas Gal
    Can one still delete their own post? I don't see where that is possible anymore?

ohiosweetheart Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowrose View Post
    Can one still delete their own post? I don't see where that is possible anymore?
    No that is not possible anymore, unfortunately.
    You now have to contact a moderator to delete your post

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    I usually just hit the "New posts" button everytime I come on to the site. That results in a long list of treads.

It would be nice if the "Forum" column in the new post results indicated which forum it was in, because the forums on the OM/YW side have the exact same names as OW/YM. So it would be nice if it said under "Forums" "OW/YM Relationship Support" instead of just "Relationship Support"

Just a little thing for timesaving.

ohiosweetheart Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    I usually just hit the "New posts" button everytime I come on to the site. That results in a long list of treads.

It would be nice if the "Forum" column in the new post results indicated which forum it was in, because the forums on the OM/YW side have the exact same names as OW/YM. So it would be nice if it said under "Forums" "OW/YM Relationship Support" instead of just "Relationship Support"

Just a little thing for timesaving.

I would do that if I could. Unfortunately, I can't.
    \

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    I think we could change that by..renaming the sections.

For example..under OW/YM, instead of just having "relationship support" we could have OW/YM relationship support, and then that is how it would list in the new posts columns.

Do y'all think that would look too strange?
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Amina Guest
    I like the new upgraded features but I find that the color of the site is still extremely strange...I feel like it's a "what to expect when you're expecting" forum or something, now with the new tan added to the mix the color choice is even more of a mystery to me...

Tony_al Guest

Chat

I love to chat with lie minded people what ahppened to the chat room?

ohiosweetheart Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amina View Post
    I like the new upgraded features but I find that the color of the site is still extremely strange...I feel like it's a "what to expect when you're expecting" forum or something, now with the new tan added to the mix the color choice is even more of a mystery to me...
    This will be changing soon - keep watching

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_al View Post
    I love to chat with lie minded people what ahppened to the chat room?
    You're getting a new one

kat7 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiosweetheart View Post
    No that is not possible anymore, unfortunately.
    You now have to contact a moderator to delete your post
    I find it disturbing that you have less control over your own words now. Hmmm. Maybe this means we all have to exercise more self restraint?

Seriously, is there a rationale for taking away that function? Just curious. If you can still edit your post, why not have the ability to delete it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast