AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 74

Thread: Ageless upgraded - concerns, requests, suggestions welcome!

  1. #31
    yellowrose's Avatar
    yellowrose is offline Texas Gal
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,559
    Is the function to delete one's own post no longer available or is it simply switched off?

    I agree Kat...

  2. #32
    Chatterbox Guest
    Uh, guys, you can't erase the fact that you posted, but you can delete the words that you posted and replace them with other words or .... geeeee..... I don't know ..... maybe ...... EMOTICONS!!!!!!!!!!!






    If I didn't have the ability to delete/erase my initial reaction, I'd have been banned YEARS ago!
    Last edited by Chatterbox; 03-15-2007 at 02:18 PM.

  3. #33
    Chatterbox Guest
    Example of a deleted post.

  4. #34
    ohiosweetheart Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kat7 View Post
    I find it disturbing that you have less control over your own words now. Hmmm. Maybe this means we all have to exercise more self restraint?

    Seriously, is there a rationale for taking away that function? Just curious. If you can still edit your post, why not have the ability to delete it?
    Truthfully, I never really knew that members had the ability to delete their own messages. I've been using vBulletin forum software for years and it was never an option. I guess all of those forum owners had it turned off.

    I'll go and look, but as far as I know, that option is not a part of this version.

  5. #35
    yellowrose's Avatar
    yellowrose is offline Texas Gal
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,559
    I'll go and look, but as far as I know, that option is not a part of this version
    It would be very unusual for a product to remove a feature... hopefully you can switch it back on. Thanks for checking!

  6. #36
    yellowrose's Avatar
    yellowrose is offline Texas Gal
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    4,559
    If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires
    I just found this in the Vbult's FAQ, so it looks like it can be turned back on by an Administrator. YEA!

  7. #37
    Jody<3's Avatar
    Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Home, home on the range (Kansas)
    Posts
    7,507
    Yes, the members were always able to delete their own posts before.

    Dont' fret y'all...even if that feature is not available, like Chatter said, you can always go and delete all the words out and make an empty post.
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

  8. #38
    Chatterbox Guest
    It would solve so many disagreements and problems if members could "hide" the sections they don't like from the main index. Is that possible?
    Last edited by Chatterbox; 03-15-2007 at 04:40 PM.

  9. #39
    Alawiy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kat7 View Post
    I find it disturbing that you have less control over your own words now. Hmmm. Maybe this means we all have to exercise more self restraint?

    Seriously, is there a rationale for taking away that function? Just curious. If you can still edit your post, why not have the ability to delete it?

    yeah.. I was thinking of deleting some posts, in fact....

    What I love about the site is that people here seem to be really far from the usual superficial and boring that you are likely to see so much of everywhere else. I really feel I'm a part of a great loving, fun, funny, and intellectual community here.

    What I don't like: it logs me off too soon. I read a lot, and pop around to the different forums, and then when it comes time to post my thoughts, I realize I've been already automatically logged off.

  10. #40
    ohiosweetheart Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowrose View Post
    It would be very unusual for a product to remove a feature... hopefully you can switch it back on. Thanks for checking!
    No - it's not unusual at all. There are several features from the 3.5 version that were removed from the new version, by request by hundreds of administrators. Any features that are added to, or removed from, an upgrade version, are done so by request. There's a forum on vbulletin.com where administrators/forum owners can request features to be added, removed, modified, etc. Only licensed vB owners can read it and/or post in it.


    Quote Originally Posted by yellowrose View Post
    I just found this in the Vbult's FAQ, so it looks like it can be turned back on by an Administrator. YEA!
    This is from the previous version. The customized FAQ for this forum didn't change with the upgrade. As far as I know, and I've installed nearly 100 of these since the latest upgrade, that feature is no longer there. But as I said, I will take a look asap, and see what I can find - I promise

    Quote Originally Posted by Naznoor View Post
    yeah.. I was thinking of deleting some posts, in fact....

    What I love about the site is that people here seem to be really far from the usual superficial and boring that you are likely to see so much of everywhere else. I really feel I'm a part of a great loving, fun, funny, and intellectual community here.

    What I don't like: it logs me off too soon. I read a lot, and pop around to the different forums, and then when it comes time to post my thoughts, I realize I've been already automatically logged off.
    hmmmmm... please try clearing the cookies and cache on your computer. The same settings that would log you out apply to all members, admins included. I've been in the Admin control panel and working on adjustments and tweaks for hours at a time, and have never been logged out.

  11. #41
    Kristin's Avatar
    Kristin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Admin View Post
    I think we could change that by..renaming the sections.

    For example..under OW/YM, instead of just having "relationship support" we could have OW/YM relationship support, and then that is how it would list in the new posts columns.

    Do y'all think that would look too strange?
    I think that would do the trick and look just fine!

  12. #42
    whiterose's Avatar
    whiterose is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Midwest, United States
    Posts
    18,919
    I see that the tech admin has upgraded the home page. Check it out! http://www.agelesslove.com/index.php?page=home

  13. #43
    Faith Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterose View Post
    I see that the tech admin has upgraded the home page. Check it out! http://www.agelesslove.com/index.php?page=home
    Very nice!!

    Now a question about a faulty link... when I click on "Privacy Statement" way down at the bottom of any page, I don't get there. What's up with that?

  14. #44
    Faith Guest
    And another faulty link...

    On the new home page, at the lower right, there's a "Weather" link for your local weather if you enter your zip code. So I clicked on that link, scrolled down to the zip code box, entered my zip code, and then got an error message stating:
    "You have entered an invalid birthday."

    Huh...??

    EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. You have to enter your birthdate in order to get the weather.

    Weird programming, but that's the way it is.
    Last edited by Faith; 03-24-2007 at 06:13 PM. Reason: duh

  15. #45
    aemale05 Guest
    [COLOR="Navy"]I really like to hear peoples views on issues, its a great place to express yourself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •