AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Important, -please Read!

kat7 is offline Senior Member
    holy mackeral. now the post of yours i just read (about having to attempt posting several times?) related to what I just posted has disappeared.

HUH?

LADave is offline Born 200 years too late
    Since the hacking, pages on the site have taken far longer to load than they did beforehand. It's not my Net connection, as other sites work fine. Also, although I see the smilies, I can't click on them and get them into my posts or PMs.
    "You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."--Anon

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kat7 View Post
    holy mackeral. now the post of yours i just read (about having to attempt posting several times?) related to what I just posted has disappeared.

HUH?
    That had nothing to do with the site, though. She deleted her post.

Chatterbox Guest

HUH?
    Sorry!!! Here's the post you saw:

"I am having TERRIBLE problems with the website again: 5 tries to post one post, 8 tries to post another, 5 tries to get here to type this, all met with "Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Window" message; and messages that I'm not signed in, and then losing the post."

I deleted it to move it because I thought there was another thread for reporting problems, but I couldn't find it and then I got tired .... or something shiny got my attention ... or I got hungry .... or something.

greeneyedgirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox View Post

"I am having TERRIBLE problems with the website again: 5 tries to post one post, 8 tries to post another, 5 tries to get here to type this, all met with "Internet Explorer Cannot Open the Window" message; and messages that I'm not signed in, and then losing the post."

I deleted it to move it because I thought there was another thread for reporting problems, but I couldn't find it and then I got tired .... or something shiny got my attention ... or I got hungry .... or something.

"oooo, shiiiiny"

*sigh* it's like lookin' in a mirror lady.

on that note, anybody else having to log in each and every time?
    i click 'remember me' but to no avail.
    all my other favs load just fine. i checked my member settings. my comp is set to accept cookies, like it always has been. but i still have to now give my username and password every time i click Ageless on my favs list. and yup, i've tried re-saving Ageless to my favs after i've signed on. No Go.

anyone else?
    ~Stupid people shouldn't breathe~

~Denial is the first step toward recovery~

~It will feel better once it stops hurting~

Chatterbox Guest
    Okay ... I am NOT saying that this will fix all the problems but it's worth a try.

I shut the puter down, unplugged the modem, unplugged the router, waited two minutes, plugged the modem back in, waited two minutes, plugged the router back in, waited two minutes, turned the computer back on; and I haven't had a problem since.

Pain in the butt, fer sure, and I won't know until it happens again if that's what fixed the problem or if it was a coincidence (because the problem has gone away before without me doing anything), but to get rid of the frustration of clicking, clicking, clicking and error message after error message and losing posts, it was worth it.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyedgirl View Post

"oooo, shiiiiny"

*sigh* it's like lookin' in a mirror lady.

on that note, anybody else having to log in each and every time?
    i click 'remember me' but to no avail.
    all my other favs load just fine. i checked my member settings. my comp is set to accept cookies, like it always has been. but i still have to now give my username and password every time i click Ageless on my favs list. and yup, i've tried re-saving Ageless to my favs after i've signed on. No Go.

anyone else?
    Have you tried clicking on "remember me?" I think that's what it's called. It's the little box that you check wherever you log in. That always works for me.

Well, now I'd like to know how you completely deleted your post, because so far I've not been able to do that (like the old days.)

Chatterbox Guest
    Well, now I'd like to know how you completely deleted your post, because so far I've not been able to do that (like the old days.)
    Click on "edit" (lower right corner), "delete" (lower right corner), check "Delete this message", then click on "Delete this message (lowest right corner).

Doesn't work in the Debate Forum.

Click on "edit" (lower right corner), "delete" (lower right corner), check "Delete this message", then click on "Delete this message (lowest right corner).

Doesn't work in the Debate Forum.
    It's a lot of steps, but I follow your formula. FAR FREAKIN' OUT!! THANK YOU~!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123