AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Job interview nightmare: ethnic background questions.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    I'm so sorry you're having difficulty finding work Moonbeam. It's difficult to see, but I honestly think it's the Universe intervening on your behalf and keeping you free for the right opportunity, which has not yet come along. I had to make a conscious effort to keep that in mind during my unemployment and when I've received no response to applications for other positions.

A lot of places will take an internal candidate, even if less qualified and known to be "difficult", over an external applicant. In the present global economic situation it's not uncommon for temp-to-hire positions to not pan out into full time employment.

Forget previous and most recent employment...What's your passion? Look for work in those areas.

Are you revising your resume per position, or are you submitting one "generic" resume for each job?

*big hugs*

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

MOONBEAM Guest
    Soul: I understand that there are a lot of people who mooch off the system. As a matter of fact, I was with a friend today who told me there was a moocher working for his company, who gets a council flat in Zone 1 worth
    2000 a month.

I guess that I'm angry that as a single, childless woman who made responsible choices, I am painted with the same brush as people who came to the U.K to milk the system and have no intention of contributing. My work history shows that I have been a productive member of this country.

MM - Thank you for your input. There is definitely a message of wisdom in the situation.Ironically, a creative project I worked on years ago is finally getting finalized, so it's a reminder to keep exploring things I love and am good at.Sadly, lately,I've been making way more money doing something I hate, so I might be responsible for having dug a little hole for myself. Wake-up call. Thank you for your support.

legallyblonde Guest
    I've had inappropriate questions thrown at me during interviews in the US. Anything that asks about your family, if you have children, etc. is considered inappropriate. And there isn't anything you can do about it, actually. You complain at your own peril, because they can tell everyone in your industry that they meet what a complainer you are, or make up some other story. The good side to all this? And there is one: you get to see what working for this person might be up front. My take, if you don't feel comfortable during the interview you will not like working there!

Ali

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12