AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Have you made any progress with your Christmas shopping?

chi77 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    for me, xmas is all about the lights and i really enjoy driving around looking at how people decorate their homes.
    me too and my daughter and i do that every year.

Snow~Angel is offline Member
    I have just started Christmas shopping in the last few days. I usually procrastinate but my daughter wanted a pair of Nekomimi ears, so I got her those from Amazon as the price was cheaper than elsewhere.

I LOVE the lights too! People put SO much thought and work into their displays. The most impressive light display I have ever seen is here in Oklahoma. It was around Christmas when I first moved here. We were driving down I-40 and I couldn't believe my eyes. It is such a HUGE display. Definately a SQUEEEEEEEE!! STOP THE CAR! moment for me.

Here is a video of the drive through display that someone put up on youtube, if any light enthusiast are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBkBSqM_rAQ
    "Something we were withholding made us weak until we found it was ourselves." -Robert Frost

soul is offline Senior Member
    Reading this, you guys are putting me to shame. My shopping will be done xmas eve, not because I choose to do it late, but because it just turns out that way.

Gotta love those petrol stations that stay open 24/7 selling chockies and flowers !
    degausser and Mebel like this.

degausser is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    Reading this, you guys are putting me to shame. My shopping will be done xmas eve, not because I choose to do it late, but because it just turns out that way.

Gotta love those petrol stations that stay open 24/7 selling chockies and flowers !
    For the last two years my boyfriend and I have been late to Christmas Eve dinner because we were still wrapping the presents we had bought earlier that day.

Ashley20 is offline Member
    yes.I keep a very short list of people I shop for. Today I sent NRA memberships to them for Christmas.That made it very simple.
    christina923 likes this.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
    William F. Buckley, Jr.....

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley20 View Post
    yes.I keep a very short list of people I shop for. Today I sent NRA memberships to them for Christmas.That made it very simple.
    love it!!!!

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    I am a bit strapped for cash this year but I am getting the best present: I have a healthy husband and get to see my Mom who I haven't seen in six months!! Mark is doing a lot better and I am really relieved and sorry for the way I acted when he was in the hospital. My Mom had been living in NM but is moving to AR where she was born to live with my aunt and uncle for a while until she can get her own place. I have missed my Mom so, so much. We're super close and yes I am a mommy's girl but okay with that I get to record my Christmas specials and sing carols and I have love. I do love looking at decorations and I do love going to candelight services. I shall decorate one day with a bigger place and have a beautiful tree. Prospects are looking up on the job front so I am keeping my fingers crossed

If I do get some presents I love to send giftcards and well cards. I LOVE to send cards
    Mebel and laurad121 like this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneperson View Post
    I did get a wreath this year

Photo by latristefille • Instagram
    Oh my, it's gorgeous!

Each year, my sister gets me a Christmas wreath. The youth sports league her children belong to makes and sells holiday wreaths as a fundraiser, so it's a two-fer for her...it takes care of some of her Christmas shopping while also supporting her kids' sports.

I didn't put my tree up the other day, after all. I had planned to do it alone, until I became aware that my SO would like to do that together...which is quite nice, but not something I am accustomed to. Then we decided we really needed to re-arrange the living room before we put up the tree. Re-arranging the living room involves getting another set of bookshelves, which involved waiting until they were on sale. The bookshelves have now been purchased but are not yet assembled.

However, the Christmas lights are up outside.

Progress has also been made on the Christmas shopping front...I'm getting new bookshelves, and he's getting a new leaf blower. He was looking for a leaf blower on ebay and did a "Buy It Now" before he realized I'd left it logged into my account. He thought he cancelled the sale, then logged into his own account and purchased the same leaf blower through his own ebay account. Last week, we needed a leaf blower. Now we have two.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    I kind of want a chili pepper wreath. Mom and I used to have one and then it kind of crumpled. I would give anything to have one of those to give her. It was real read chilis from Hatch, NM!

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie28 View Post
    I kind of want a chili pepper wreath. Mom and I used to have one and then it kind of crumpled. I would give anything to have one of those to give her. It was real read chilis from Hatch, NM!
    I sent you a message on FB with a link to purchase a wreath using Hatch, NM chilis.

I only have a couple little gifts to buy for my husband's extended family and have to mail out our Christmas cards. I usually do a large portion of my shopping over the year, especially right after Christmas. I store it for next year when I can get the stuff for a steal.

Sheila, I'm not a very girly girl, but this year for my birthday my husband treated me to a pedicure. That will be a yearly tradition. It was wonderful, even for a tomboy! Maybe your MiL would like that.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuffins View Post
    Oh my, it's gorgeous!

Each year, my sister gets me a Christmas wreath. The youth sports league her children belong to makes and sells holiday wreaths as a fundraiser, so it's a two-fer for her...it takes care of some of her Christmas shopping while also supporting her kids' sports.
    It smells so lovely when I walk in the door. In fact, I can smell it from about five feet down the hallway

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I have made great progress with my Christmas shopping. I bought a number of tops and shirts today. I need them badly, because most of my present ones are too wide.
    And I found two silver rings with marcasite. I love marcasite.

I discovered an apple-green cashmere pullover, and I am contemplating on buying it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12