AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Non-injection help for wrinkles?

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    Stiletto: Yes, do keep sticking with it. For me, it wasn't until just a week ago that I finally noticed that the creases disappeared completely each morning. So it does take a while for the effect to accumulate.

chi: Let us know how it's going, maybe give it a week or so at first. It might take a little while to get used to the tape and to figure out the right size and shape for you.

Besides overnight use, I suppose if one is going out for a special occasion or having one's picture taken, it would be good to wear the tape for a few hours beforehand.
    Last edited by Faith; 04-22-2013 at 06:07 AM. Reason: typos
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    I suppose if one is going out for a special occasion or having one's picture taken, it would be good to wear the tape for a few hours beforehand.
    Just remember to remove it before having the picture taken!
    Faith likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

chi77 Guest
    what about your upper lip Faith? have you been using it there?

Sorry, chi, I didn't see your question until just now. I haven't been taping my upper lip because right about the same time I got the tape I also got that terrible cold/flu that's been going around. I couldn't keep the tape on my lip when I was coughing all night. But I've just now put it on for tonight. I think it'll take a while before I see results, maybe 2 or 3 weeks.

kitkat620 is offline wishful thinker
    Ok, lemmee give my 2 cents worth.

First of all, my mom is going to be 75 this May and to look at her you would guess she could be no older than 60. Even her doctors can't believe her age. Anywho, she used and continues to use the cheapest moisturizer out there. For the past few years she has been using vitamin E cream. Any kind, bought anywhere, used on her whole face and neck area, and the cheapest possible. Soap to wash her face, whatever is in the soap dish. No special eye cream, neck cream, decolletage cream, etc. AND... she was a smoker for 60+ years! Call it good genes, good luck or just good advertisement for cheap products, whatever it is, it works.
    Now me, on the other hand, have used everything from the most expensive, highly advertised, celebrity endorsed products to the cheapest jar of vitamin E cream bought at the dollar store, and in my own personal somewhat modest opinion, nothing really stands out as being totally hands down the best! I am now using a $20 eye cream, a 1$ jar of vitamin E cream, an $18 BB cream, and a $40 pore minimizing cream, and a $20 primer... BEFORE makeup, and I am somewhat satisfied with all of it except for the eye cream because I have developed a dry patch under one eye....
    I really don't have many wrinkles but a little darkness and puffiness under my eyes (which the eye cream really didn't diminish) and that's about it, so I guess something is working or I have my mom's skin.
    When the pore minimizing cream runs out I am going to purchase a cheaper product to compare the results. I have a feeling I could've saved myself a few bucks on the cheaper brand, but you don't know until you try.
    As far as botox or nips and tucks...on my face NO on the rest of my body DEFINITELY! When I win the lottery!
    "We must become the change we want to see."
    Mahatma Gandhi

brinparker is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusDarkStarLA View Post

A lot of skin care products are a waste of money. I no longer use special cleansing creams, because I've found that a blend of olive oil, coconut oil and a few drops of sesame oil, makes a fabulous cleanser. I actually had some breakout, and after a month of using my favorite blend...no more of those tiny hard bumps, and my nose is smooth again without any abrasive cleansers. You could also add a little of your favorite flower oil if you don't care for the scent of the sesame. I use this same oil on my body after a shower or bath.

I could go on and on about skin care. I've tried just about everything, so if I drop brand names, it's because I've enjoyed some measure of success with them.

I just started using simple coconut oil with some baking soda and wow, what a difference in my skin. It is soo much softer. I totally recommend! Despite being 32 I have the vertical creases between my brows and expression line on my forehead from years of stress. I am now looking for some cosmetic procedures to deal with those.
    As far as creams....I stick with simple oil of olay. It works as good as any expensive cream and my grandmother used it her whole live and had beautiful skin till the day she died.
    Mebel likes this.

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    Intrigued by the tape idea...

I have mild crows feet that I have had since about 10 years old so do not really worry about them.
    And while under that relationships martial law, was unable to afford even cheapest beauty care for a good 3 years that saw my complexion roughened. If I had extra money the one thing I would do other than gym is had an "acid peel" to take layers off and start anew with my complexion; you cannot ignore good skin care in Phoenix.

But in those last years with my Monster X I picked up a "hounds frown" line across my forehead. And it bothers me a lot.

I have trouble enough with bags and dark circles that are my lifelong visiting companions due to dietary allergies. Milk products can even caus edark circles on the non allergic if consumed heavily in forms closer to raw (whey-liquid-soft cheese-yadda)
    My maternal grandmother used Oil of Olay or essential oils from youth to death and had the softest clearest skin until she was near 100. I use natural products when I can.

With no apothocary or herbal shops, not even tea house, close; I recently had to go for expensive WEN hair product as emergency measure after developing serious allergy to common shampoos ( I usually use Blue Duchess or other horse grooming products but was too far from co op while.) in FL 2010-2011. I had serious hair loss for months straight after a pregnancy. I also developed allergy to coffee ;_;. I was losing scary large handfulls like a chemo patient!
    Though I do not like the texture or the slow recovery, after 30 days on WEN there is finally some recovery.
    My skin I use Tea tree oil for under eyes, neck and "sweat areas" and on my scalp occasionally. I am looking into family recipes (women passed down poultice to keep our mens locks lovely and flowing longer), but use Africa's Best mix liberally when I cant afford sweet almond..

I am liberal using cocoa butter. And I exfoliate with one of those silly little Pedeggs and sugar scrubs. I used fade my freckles with ginger, onion or lemon essences. But honey begs me to leave my freckles and their arguable 'cuteness'.

My hands I wear a rubber sanitation glove full of cocoa butter and a overnight glove on that while I sleep.

But your diet is your hair and nails as well as health of skin. It can affect your immunity, reproductive system and even IQ.

I follow one of the strictest diests in the family for my blood disorder, migraines and allergies. But I have plenty of essential fats. I am naughty in that. I cook in butter mostly..even my bacon. And I cook the rest in the butterbacon grease . I eat crisp normal salt cured bacon. I don't consume much in corn other than cob corn and occasional corn meal products (tortillas/cornbread). I figure if we use it to fatten cows, chickens and pigs, yet wouldn't give it to horses..mebbe I shouldn't eat it either. I will allow myself a soda with fast food. I am back to drinking more water.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

Thumbs up

The other day I met up with a friend I hadn't seen since before I started using the Nexcare tape, which I've been using every night for the past 2 months.
    I said: "See the creases between my eyebrows?"
    She looked closely and said: "What creases?"

Exactly.

Yoo-hooo... chi77... where are you?

I figured you would've posted your taping results by now. Any news to report?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345