AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My friends gf brother was killed in a motorcycle crash this morning.

Devyn is offline Member
    I am so very sorry! Prayers will go up for him.
    “Someday I want to have children and give them all the love I never had.” ~Marilyn Monroe

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Sorry about your friend's g/f's loss. Regardless of his actions, losing her brother is difficult.

I think most of us who know folks who ride bikes or grew up around them (as I did) know someone that has been hurt or killed in an accident.

Craziest bikers I've seen, hands down, has been California on the highway. Lane splitting is legal there and I can't tell you how many flew by me at 70+ mph in high traffic!

For those who don't know what it is:

there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    I know a few riders who do that, and I know where it's legal and where it's not. But I just can't bring myself to do that. I don't trust cagers enough to be reassured that some dork isn't gonna try to pull into the "lane," or open the car door or whatever. I imagine I *would* do something like that if traffic was not moving at all and I was hot, but I would probably stay in first gear (meaning less than 15 mph) the whole time. I've seen some riders zip through at 40 mph or faster!
    Angel likes this.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkunicorn View Post
    I know a few riders who do that, and I know where it's legal and where it's not. But I just can't bring myself to do that. I don't trust cagers enough to be reassured that some dork isn't gonna try to pull into the "lane," or open the car door or whatever. I imagine I *would* do something like that if traffic was not moving at all and I was hot, but I would probably stay in first gear (meaning less than 15 mph) the whole time. I've seen some riders zip through at 40 mph or faster!
    Right?

Like you, in a low gear and very cautiously, I'd do it too but they're on a highway in densely packed traffic where the flow is driving 50-60'ish as they fly by at 70+! I cannot understand how there's not a speed cap on lane splitting. Either way, those folks are the nuttiest bravest folks I've ever seen. I surely wouldn't trust the average driver not to pull a stupid move getting both of us killed!
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12