AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Ready for the next year in my life...sigh

CrazyLove is offline Member
    Soooo....

The PET CT scan showed a 14.5cm mass on my pelvic region (thats nearly 5 3/4"!). I had a feeling something was wrong, but never expected this. I hardly felt it, though now that I know its there, i definitely feel it. I wonder how much of that is psychosematic. This tumor has only been growing since after November, the date of my last clear PET CT scan.

My oncologist said its not even worth doing a biopsy, he just wants it removed. He said to make an appt with a surgeon immediately...which I did.

I guess if theres any good news in this, the cancer has not metastisized to anywhere else...no lymph node involvement, not in my kidneys, liver or lungs.

So i made an appt for thurs last week, but my insurance no longer contracts with my prev surgeon or preferred hospital, and was cancelled. The only was I can get my preferred surgeon and hospital is to get admitted through the emergency room. So Tuesday, Im headed to the hospital...hopefully theyll admit me. Im bleeding, and I dont know if its my period or the tumor. Me surgeon is not on call this weekend, hence the wait.

Ill update after surgery...Here we go again!

Tam

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    i am so sorry. my continued prayers.
    CrazyLove likes this.

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    CrazyLove, I don't know you hun, but I really wish you all the very best of luck! x
    Angel and CrazyLove like this.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    You are in my thoughts. Breaks my heart to read your latest post.
    CrazyLove likes this.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Continuing prayers and good thoughts for you, Tam....
    CrazyLove likes this.

Soooo.. Tuesday, as planned, we walked into ER. I was bleeding which helped. I was very uncomfortable, but I played it as painful. Good thing too, they did yet another CT scan, and it had grown to 18.5 x 7 x 5....eek! 4cm in 11 days! They said, they had bad news for me, I was going to be admitted and have surgery! I was very pleased!

So it ended up be a bilateral hystersalpingooopherectomy, along with cervix and omentum. In english, thats uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, cervix and the fat flap on you stomach. Plus removal ot that huge mass, in inches measuring 7x5x2!

I had surgery Thursday night. The surgeon was a machine! He had the sugery done in under an hour and I was post op in an hour and a half from intake! He said he got it all and feels it was colon cancer metastisized to my right ovary. Which I hope hes right, Id rather it be the known than the unknown!

I had a good few days in the hospital and was released on Monday. So so good to be home. Feel pretty good considering. Im only taking Motrin for pain The last surgery was way way worse than this for me. 11 days post op in the hospital. Barely walking at home.

I should have the pathology report soon.

Tam

LoisLane is offline Member
    CL you come across as so strong, brave and positive despite everything you have been through.

Wishing you all the best.

continued prayers for your complete healing.

Air
    Air is offline Senior Member
    All my thoughts to you. Thanks for keeping us up dated.
    Navigare necesse est!

maryb is offline Member
    Tammy, i'm so sorry you're having to go through all this. love and hugs to you. mary
    Last edited by maryb; 06-05-2014 at 09:01 AM.

soul is offline Senior Member
    Crazylove, I just wanted to say, aside from I genuinely hope your report comes back positive. That after reading your updates I feel quite humbled by how upbeat you come across in the face of what must feel like absolute shyt at times, both physically and mentally. Very inspirational.
    christina923 likes this.

Thanks guys!

I choose to be postive. I could choose to curl up in a ball and cry as well. Whats the piont? Id rather have a smile than a frown.

There are moments where I get discouraged, but only moments. Usually my husband will do or say something silly or sweet, and make me laugh.

I am blessed in more ways than I can count. The Lord smiles upon me, truly!

This is but just a bump on my path.

Tam
    christina923 likes this.

maryb is offline Member
    You're amazing Tammy, there ought to be more people like you in the world, it'd make it a better place.

Everything seems like a platitude somehow but i wish you the speediest of recoveries and much laughter and joy.
    CrazyLove likes this.

Hey all!

Its been a long long time since I posted last.

Chris and I are doing great. We've been together thirteen years now, married almost nine years! We adopted two kids from fostercare almost four years ago. They are now 6 and 11. They are also doing very well. Im now 53 and hes 33.

My health has been mostly good. After my last surgery in May 2014, I did another six months worth of chemotherapy. That ended in February 2015. I had one hell of an "End of Chemo" Party with over 100 people showing up at my home to celebrate with me. Im very humbled that so many people truly care.

I had a blissful nine months of normalcy. Family vacations, birthdays and holidays with no chemo was wonderful. And although my PETscans were clear, showing no signs of cancer, my tumor markers were saying something else. I began asking around for a different oncologist and was referred to a fabulous doctor (who specializes only in colon cancer) at UCI Medical Center. We got a second opinion/consultation, and he requested a set of MRIs instead of a PETscan. The MRI showed lesions in my liver. My regular oncologist again requested a PETScan which showed no metabolic uptake, meaning possibly benign. The new consulting oncologist recommended a surgical consult. The new surgeon (also highly recommended by an online friend) took my very unusual case before the Tumor Board at the Cancer Center. Two days later they had me scheduled for surgery to remove the lesions. Its highly unlikely that the tumor is benign, hence the surgery. Better safe than sorry. Its easier to remove them when they are small and accessible. That surgery is this Wednesday.

So keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I swear all those prayers have been a huge blessing.

God Bless!

Tam

prayers.
    stay strong....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast