AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Ageless Love Family Reunion Thread

tinydancer is offline Neophyte
    Oh, yes, am still in Florida for now.
    My sister hired an attorney who specializes in people with chronic illnesses.
    I am hoping that, with his help, I will be able to go back to travelling throughout SE Asia and still get whatever medications I need if I do have a Lupus flare up. They can be nasty :/
    joelstrouble likes this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
    Nietzsche

babes66 is offline Still here:)
    Christina Im trying to add you, may need to add me as a fb friend
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
    (OW)47(YM)30, 11yrs together and happier every day

christina923 is offline Senior Member
    jodey... we stayed in CT but moved one town over to a new england village, you know the church on the green type village, that i always loved as a kid. you should be able to see my photos and albums...all the shots are from where we live.
    alice was a non stop talker from the day we came home with her till we moved here...she wanted out! business to tend to! she stays pretty much in the yard and it is a low traffic road.

babes...great! thanks! just send me a request to add you if you haven't already!
    tinydancer likes this.

I went and looked at the pictures....
    Beautiful place!
    Alice is so big! Seeing Jules still puts a lump in my throat but..she's in a stable home and I know Luka does not share my feelings. She wore him out with her antics lol.
    christina923 likes this.
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
    Nietzsche

she still gets a bug up her butt.

our other dog, who is 15, also gets really annoyed with her. juliette finally stays away from pertie when she wants to play.
    tinydancer likes this.

Lol..I bet.
    She's not stupid..just goofy. I love goofy! always made me smile
    christina923 likes this.
    Nietzsche

rosie_cotton is offline Neophyte
    Don't know if anyone remembers me - I have had to make a new account as it's been so long! I was just rosiecotton back then. I just swung by and saw this thread and so here I am.
    I'm sorry that it's not all good news for people. Thinking of you all who are going through tough times, Jody in particular. That just sucks.

As for me, I am still married to Andrew - we met in late 2002 (online in World of Warcraft!) and early 2003 (in person) when he was 18 and I was 29, and this year will be our sixth wedding anniversary. When he first moved down from Scotland to be with me I had to support him for nearly a year before he got work off the ground, but since then he has more than repaid me as he has supported me for the last three years when I have been doing my social work degree - I start my new job as a qualified social worker next week!

It's very much give and take in our marriage and I couldn't have got through the last three years studying without him supporting me. He's a superstar and I love him just as much now, if not more, than I did back when we were in the honeymoon phase.

Best relationship I have ever had by far

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    Adam and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in June of this year. Looking at the big picture.....He was a God send. We are very happy and just finished painting the outside of our house together! I still get daily affirmations of our love and he has not changed at all in that area. He is very much the protector of my feelings and my well fare.

The age thing is such a non event for us, it only comes up with other people. I was given a gift that I am grateful for every day. He seems to be handsomer to me than when we met.

Age is sometimes just a number and has no baring on what is on the inside of someone's heart.

God bless Jody AND all the member's o this site.

Best to all.
    eponavet, 1love, Angel and 1 others like this.

kye
    kye is offline The Phantom Menace
    Hi Bella!! What a nice idea. So good to hear how everyone is doing. And Jody, you are always in my prayers.

I don't remember what year I joined, time has kind of gone by in a blur. But I do know it was way before Ageless was called Ageless. I am even having trouble thinking of some of the names from back then. I always wonder how Bear's Angel is, anyone know?

And for some of you who may have known Irishman, also posted as DaBullocks. His name was Mike, and he was pretty rude and brash online, but was actually a very sweet person in real life. Just wanted to let you those of you who knew him, that he passed away last fall. I was very sad to hear the news.

I think we have a 22 yr age difference...my Mike and I. (not Irishman, this is a different Mike) I don't really think about it anymore, and I actually can't even remember how old he is right now. I'm 57, I think he is....turning 35 this year. We've been together for a million years. After a 25 yr bad marriage, I met Mike on a gaming forum. (and we played Everquest, and later World of Warcraft) (was NOT looking for a guy, at all) We really never even mentioned our ages to each other for months. We just did a lot of talking. We talked and talked and talked. Phone, email, ingame, message boards. We didn't actually meet in real life for about two years. Once we felt that we were kinda sorta falling in love, and our ages came up, we were both horrified. We figured no way...we'll just go back to being friends. But....love won out. One day he said if he could build a girl for himself from the ground up, it would be me. And, I felt the same way about him. So, we decided to try it out, and that's when we first met. It was super scary, that first meeting. And it was weird and funny trying to transition from mostly typing to each other to actually speaking and seeing each other. I found this site online and all the wonderful people here. Without it, I don't think I would have been brave enough to go ahead with this relationship. At first the families thought we were crazy, but now both our families are super supportive. I think once people can see how happy you are, and how you're "meant for each other", then they settle down and are just happy for you both. I'm good for him, and he's good for me. We bought a house together, have a ton of cats, and have a computer room with our computers back to back. I still love emailing him. We in general never even argue, but of course we have had some bumps like any couples, but none of them are age gap related. We have a very comfortable and happy relationship. We are not married, but neither of us care if we marry or not. We might, we might not. I don't know. I already have four kids, all grown and out of college. He doesn't want kids. (we have a room set up for his neice and the grandkids when they visit) I'm amazed how well he does with mine, even though they are close in age! My son calls him his "Frother". (father/brother) We laugh at our out of the ordinary family. We joke that if Mike's sister married my son, somehow maybe Mike could be his own Grandpa, I don't know. There are many ways that a family can be out of the ordinary, but sometimes these things make the family Extraordinary. Age gaps are nothing. Be with who you love. That is all that is important.

I stop by every few months to read posts and see how everyone is. I will always be strongly attached to this site, I have such happy memories of the people here and all the advice and help I received here. We had a lot of fun, too!!!

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear about Mike, Kye. He and I used to chat on Yahoo Messenger years ago. He could, definitely, be rude and brash. I remember when he ticked off a few of our mutual friends. He got voted off the island for that. lol! But, he really was a good guy.

I'm so glad that you and your Mike are still together.
    kye likes this.

kat7 is offline Senior Member

Hello

I saw this thread and even though no one has kept it going, it was fun reading. I haven't logged on here for several years so it was enjoyable getting updates. The only person I'm still loosely in touch with is Roisin from Ireland...if anyone remembers her. Several months ago she contacted me and said her YM married a nice woman and was expecting his first baby; she was happy for him. My 7 yr YM relationship was tumultuous and ended 8 yrs ago. I moved on and have had a very rewarding and lucrative career, have travelled, made wonderful new relationships and am considering retirement soon and all the excitement of another phase of life is in front of me. I'm actually grateful my YM relationship ended when it did because my life cracked wide open to more expansive opportunities. I was constantly hanging on by a thin, confining thread, wanting something magically to manifest out of that relationship that was never going to happen. I can honestly say I'm the happiest I've ever been in my entire life at this point.

I wonder about Emily (Amina) too. We were friends on FB for awhile...she disappeared. I hope Jody is ok and still among us.

best to all, Kat
    Angel likes this.

kilny is offline Senior Member
    I was reading through this thread and about half way, I realized it was a year old.

I must have missed this before.
    Angel likes this.
    Life is short, Live it with all your heart, love and passion.

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    And I missed the boat to somehow. I am not an oldie by any stretch of the imagination and happen to be the YW with an OM. So, my story probably isn't as interesting but I'll tell it anyway. I suffer (but it is better) with depression and anxiety. For ten years, I dated a guy one year older than me starting in sixth grade. It wasn't healthy as I was way more in love with him than he was with me and I was his "stand-by" girl. Anyway, he broke my heart big time at 22 when I found out he got another girl pregnant while we were supposed to be together. I have always liked older men and loved their maturity. When I was 18 I met Larry through a chat room (he was 45). He flew down to meet me and we had a wonderful time. I told my mom (I was still living at home) and the chips hit the fan! She called him a pedophile, threatened to call the cops, etc. Well, I broke it off to please my mom and older brother (he's in his 40s).

Anyway, I was finishing my bachelor's degree and was tired of the guys I found around my small town. Most of them were druggies or only wanted in my pants. I wanted a real relationship where the love was mutual. I went on a Christian dating site setting my age limit from 20-45. I talked to a couple guys on there who turned out to be creeps and can't quite remember how Mark messaged me, but he did. We began talking on the site and moved to Yahoo messenger. I found out it was a good thing Mark hadn't updated his age (he was 47) or we never would have met! We talked for a year and I was falling very hard for him. I still lived at home and finally told my Mom about Mark and she flipped and the same story repeated itself. I did the dumbest thing and broke it off with Mark saying he was a psycho who would cut my head off. I told a online friend Lucy who could tell how much I missed him and she said, "You have to live your own life." I finally got the courage to call Mark and was shocked he talked to me again, but I knew I loved him and we agreed to meet. He lived in Roswell, NM and I was about two hours away. We had our first date at a Chinese place and he got down on one knee and proposed to me! He had said he would in our chats but I thought he was joking. I told him I wasn't pretty and finally fessed up and sent pics, and he said "I'm going to propose to you!" I said yes, of course! My mother went on a cruise with my brother and his wife and I stayed at their house to watch their now late Cocker Spaniel, Dana. I had my own dog by this time, Mija (that's another story on how long I wanted a Chihuahua, lol) and agreed to meet Mark again at the park about ten minutes walk away. He drove down with his friend who is a pastor and his wife. He asked me to come up and spend a weekend with him, and I agreed.

Now, Mark has a daughter, Ash who was 17 when we first got together. He was a widower as his wife died on the operating table and he had taken care of her by himself. I was raised by a single mom and we are insanely close, well most of my family is close. Mom was a basket case when I told her I was going to spend a weekend with Mark. She was afraid he'd rape me, kill me, etc. Well, we got married the week I was up there! Mom was so, so angry! My whole family was angry and so was Ash. She actually moved out with her aunt and emancipated herself. I won't lie it has been rough at times. I have been immature and we've had a lot of rough patches. Mom and my bro were very skeptical at first saying Mark only wanted me for my age. We've struggled with money, but that is finally working out.

I finally have a teaching job I love and this is a good paying job. I still have my Chihuahua, Mija who is now 8 and have added to our doggie family with Misty (4), and London (10), a Japanese Chin mix and Golden Retriever, respectivelly. We are in TX now. The last seven months have been tough. His daughter Ash moved up here and she and her boyfriend of three years got married. She got pregnant before they got married and they were married a year when Aaron, Ash's ex-husband, went nuts and cheated on her and started doing drugs. Ash has a daughter who is a little over 18 months. Aaron is living with friends and they got divorced and share custody of the baby. Ash is living with us in our apartment with the baby, our three dogs, and her Cocker Spaniel Roxy. It's been tough, but we are going to move to Dallas to be closer to my job and she will have to make arrangements. I lost my sister, Sandy four months ago and it has been so, so hard. Sandy was on meth for six years and she got cancer. It was hard on my mom and hard on me. She died and I have her ashes in a necklace.

The good news is my new job and we are doing better than ever! I am 29 now and feel happier and more secure and have the love of my husband which I can't believe I found a man who loves me so much and I love him so much! It will be six years in Nov we've been married and together for seven. My family has come to love Mark and his family adores me. Ash and I are great friends now and love each other dearly. Mark is making great strides to be healthier including exercise and quitting smoking which I am very proud of.

what a great story sweetie!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123