AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Slow Age

kuurt is offline Neophyte
    I do remember having some trouble signing up here. There were some technical issues with doing the actual sign up then having it approved took a couple of days. That really is a problem. Those folks I think with 0 posts had that problem, they signed up, then didn't get approved right away. Maybe for a while have automatic approvals so they can post instantly?
    I agree, it took 6 days before I was approved and able to post on the forum. And this reply right here will probably take a couple of days before showing on the forum. Most forums I go to are instant.

I would love for this forum to come back to life, but I'm not sure if anything can be done to make that happen. These things have a life of their own. If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them.
    I do have some thoughts actually. One thing I noticed was in the email I was sent when registering. It said:

Thank you for registering at Ageless Love - Your community for age gap relationship support! Our forum is for age gap relationship support and is not for age gap dating. If you are looking for an age gap dating site, we recommend the following link:
    http://www.AgeMatch.com/i/af6001241.
    Why limit the site like that? Why not open it up to a broader audience and include those that are looking for an age gap relationship also? After all, not everyone is currently in a relationship, although they might be interested in an age gap relationship. Maybe that's why a lot of people are going to social media sites like facebook instead. Actually the forum is already open to those people too since there are forum categories for singles with personal ads allowed, but they might not know that if you make it sound like the site isn't for them in the email when they register.

Take a look at this law of attraction community forum - Powerful Intentions: Law of Attraction Community - Powerful Intentions is a unique Law of Attraction Online Community. How the members can upload an image of themselves. Although it can be an image of anything. You can browse all the members pictures. And they can create their own profiles – tell a little about themselves. And in the center column of the homepage it shows the “main forum”. If you click “view all” it shows all the forum categories. Below that it shows pictures that people have uploaded. Below the pictures it shows the “latest activity” on the forums. At the bottom of the page you can see it says “sign in to chat”. When you login in you can open that chat window and see who's online and chat in real time with people if you wanted to.

I think that website theme is brilliant. Makes it easier for people to connect, get advice, or find like minded friends. Maybe changing this forum to something like that could help. I know this forum also allows pictures, has profiles, and groups, but it's harder to notice at first because it has a more boring layout. You can't see all those things visually from the homepage. And if you could it might feel more like a community than a forum. The Powerful Intentions forum was created with NING which I believe has a monthly fee to use, but Wordpress has a similar looking community theme called Buddy which might not have a monthly fee.

You could have some groups like:

younger men looking for older women
    younger women looking for older men
    younger men/older women relationships
    younger women/older men relationships

And you could create more categories. Maybe try to come up with some that are more interesting or fun. There's this sexual forum that has a category called “Ask a guy/girl”. Which is a fun category. You could have categories like:

Ask a older woman
    Ask and older man
    Ask a younger woman
    Ask a younger man

That's just some ideas I thought I'd share.

gnothiseauton is offline Member
    I'm glad you brought this up, SLK. I noticed the slowness the last few times I've checked this site. I enjoyed this forum very much when I was first dating a younger man, and now we've broken up I haven't been on here in a while. But I never felt like I wanted to divulge very much, because of everything here being in the public eye. I would prefer a forum that was closed to members only. Partly because a lot of times people are talking in depth about their sex life/ problems, and I would like to but it's very private to me; but I'd discuss it with people who were committed members. And partly also because I had a boyfriend who wasn't comfortable with me sharing photos of us. Which could have been a clue to me that he was not going to work out, despite our initial passion.

Perhaps the convenience of Facebook does play a role; Facebook forums certainly are easy to use and have good track records, and it's nice that they have options of "open" (anyone can read posts), "closed" (people can find the group by doing a search for it on Facebook, and ask to join) and "private" -- the group is not searchable; people usually are invited to join from another group. I haven't found any comparable group there on this subject, however.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there, or wasn't there at one time, an AgelessLove Facebook page?

I thought I remembered going there once, but it was a long time ago and I don't have the link bookmarked.

I don't know how it's doing these days, but if someone's been there recently tell me what the status is.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerBob View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there, or wasn't there at one time, an AgelessLove Facebook page?

I thought I remembered going there once, but it was a long time ago and I don't have the link bookmarked.

I don't know how it's doing these days, but if someone's been there recently tell me what the status is.
    Yes, there was a Facebook page. I haven't looked at it in a really long time, and it wasn't very active. I seem to remember people with questions being directed to the site. There's also a Facebook Ageless Friends page that old members started.
    gnothiseauton likes this.

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    I think Google search is dropping us in hits. Specially as inactive as we are recent.

A good many find this site because topics that had a question they were asking themselves. Knowing they are not alone.
    As for the comment on limiting. When I was looking for advice on what to do once you go there, I veered away from everything that even had a whiff of date site.
    Many of us traditional types are fearful of the sideshow quality of current media presentation. Accepted is not quite the word. Specially if the man is the younger party.
    I believe that most age gap relationships that do not have brazen courage in the couple, are underground again as the Angelina Jolie/DemiMoore fairy tales have crashed after seeming stable for years giving friends and family new sniping ammo .

I drop in to give a status check but really with no real changes or serious argument, there is just occasional hiccups and stereotypical gender gripes.
    I would never be in this kind of group in facebook. It knows too much of my business at it is.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    I think Google search is dropping us in hits. Specially as inactive as we are recent.

A good many find this site because topics that had a question they were asking themselves. Knowing they are not alone.
    As for the comment on limiting. When I was looking for advice on what to do once you go there, I veered away from everything that even had a whiff of date site.
    Many of us traditional types are fearful of the sideshow quality of current media presentation. Accepted is not quite the word. Specially if the man is the younger party.
    I believe that most age gap relationships that do not have brazen courage in the couple, are underground again as the Angelina Jolie/DemiMoore fairy tales have crashed after seeming stable for years giving friends and family new sniping ammo .

I drop in to give a status check but really with no real changes or serious argument, there is just occasional hiccups and stereotypical gender gripes.
    I would never be in this kind of group in facebook. It knows too much of my business at it is.
    The friends page is a secret group. I'm not sure about the other one. I think it's public. People asking questions are directed to this forum, which is just as public as anything else on the internet. Your secrets aren't any safer here than they would be on Facebook.

Pickles is offline Senior Member
    I actually was referring to facebook itself having too much info on me. "It" has too much"..... They are information sellers recent years.
    But, my family and friends would not know me here without actually hanging around and checking every member photo.

Hunny's immediate family are not proficient in English to be perusing all manner sites on the web. My family has a couple of teases (My daughter being one), but really are not freaked. Simply doomsayers or curious if they have a feeling on it at all. A few are supportive.

But facebook is doing face matching, hypertagging, facematching between profiles and suggestions to make friends/join groups that are closed to you. Unless you use an unknown email on a secret profile, friends have emails to tag you. I am in a secret group of 4 gameplayers where we coordinate attacks for Hostile player war actions; and very often our friends, specially those that have this game shared in their interests, are suggested this and try to join. It even suggested my crazy EX because we are both in daughters circles. We cannot even see each other on her page.

"Secrets" is not so much the issue. But his mother still goes into hysterics at mention of our plans
    Being stumbled on here by someone I personally know, is highly unlikely. It's profile level is like seeing us walk into house together at midnight. Facebook would be like having sex in the front yard, may wave red flags at the Bulls. <_< The two events are not even an apple and orange. More like an apple and ham.
    Discretion is what I like about this site. Mostly people asking a question found it.
    And as earlier mentioned no really comparable group on FB anyway. Not on tribe either. This site is classy. Not like others you can find easier. It respects us, our relations, our journey through a path less trodden.. instead of using sensational and demeaning titles like MILF match .com or Cougarville.net or BOYTOY Adoption Agency.org.

And if there are more than 3% incidents of an ex finding someone here looking specifically for them? I sure haven't seen that complaint. I would have spooked and never returned had I read a post like that.

So I must argue that it indeed IS safer here because unlike a facebook? account it is not linked into friends and family and change its security setting to some troll default ever revamp. It does not have here my high school, relatives, legal name or other absolute identifying info.

BTW I would not be in a Political group, Anti-govt group, Drug worshiping/ I smoke 4 fatties a day group. Fat support group ;for same reasons regarding Facebook. . It Knows TOO much. But the facebook I joined and gave my info freely to was 2008. Since you cant erase the info and all my older relatives are there from AOL it is necessary evil. My RL profile has information, reposts, that are public friendly. It is vapid and slow with several minigame apps and pictures of me and kids over the years.

Here I stayed because I hope the small saga of my own journey is hope or lesson for a new starter. I just happen to be boring right now other than getting moody now and again.

But I digress. I still think Cure for slow year would be a lil more activity on the forum
    LunaLove likes this.
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

Odd Even is offline Senior Member
    My experience from participating at several web forums of different kinds is that they fade away and die slowly after having a lot of activity on them for several years. I guess people just get tired of them and want something new. Facebook, Twitter etc. are probably also to blame. This is a pity, since facebook has a hopeless structure. A forum like this, with discussions in structured subforums which are fairly easy to navigate and search through, is much better. I too would like more activity here....
    LunaLove likes this.
    Odd Even

Corsair is offline Member
    I can see I signed up in 2015 and promptly forgot about the site. I only remembered the other week when I got a birthday greeting via email from this site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12