AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Update and Intro Thread

jb7
    jb7 is offline Neophyte

Hello Everyone

I haven't been on this site in awhile, however I posted a question sometime ago about my relationship and greatly appreciated the responses. So I would like to provide the following update.

I am still in a OW/YM relationship and we are in our sixth year of being together. I cannot imagine living a life without her. We are so compatible in a wide range of areas, such as we both like the same music (60s and 70s, blues, classic rock, classical), we both have a passion for reading books, going to museums, going to plays, especially Shakespearean, and enriching our lives through traveling to different countries and states of the USA. We also like the same comedy and have been to a couple of shows, as well as the same art, (Greek/Roman and Rodin scupltures, Impressionism, basically everything except for modern art). I have just recently asked her to marry me and she has accepted. We are going for a marriage license next Friday and to get married in my Church sometime following that date. I feel like the luckiest man alive!

whiterose is offline Administrator
    That's awesome. Congratulations!

debralee is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone. I started coming here in 2009. I had met my younger man in 2005. I was a 50 year old widow and he was 36 and never been married or had kids. It was messy at first because I refused to acknowledge that his overtures were anything but an attempt at friendship. And when he told me he was in love with me I replied that he was out of his mind. (Even though I was so enthralled with him but hid it.) He persisted..and we lived together for a few years and in 2012 we got married.

I am so glad I did not run him off. I guess I was the one out of my mind trying to avoid the romantic part at first. I just could not wrap my head around being with someone so much younger than me. But it worked and it's been wonderful!

Anyway we have now been married for 4 years and I love him more every year.

The interesting thing is the only remarks about our age difference were made by coworkers when we first got together. After that no one seems to notice the age difference or if they do it doesn't seem to matter. Wow.
    whiterose, Mebel and Slow Worm like this.
    ​​"Life is an adventure, not a prison sentence."

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Happy for you!

Pickles is offline Senior Member

Still Alive

Going to try my demmist to see him on his birthday in Jan.
    I feel like such a train wreck in these times.. my arrears that came up after nuked divorce was followed by harassment at work that got me fired and bouncing among family.. are making passport a prickly issue.

But we are still muy sympatico. I often forget the age gap because I just can't see anyone else in his place. Indispensible, irreplaceable and very well matched. The years stack up. It worries me sometimes. I want to enjoy my primer years with him while they are still prime.
    Transatlantic distance sucks.

On other new, I am thinking of total make over, but fearing it. I have been au natural, with occasional henna rinse (6mo intervals) for last 20 years. Heck I dont know how to put foundation on anymore even. Thinking of hair color to showcase new hair style but afraid of a color disaster. I had several in my 20s. When coloring works it is Hollywood Chic, when not? Well most of you have had that once at least... the horror of waiting out a color over a bad shade match
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    ............Unexpected pleasures are sweetest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123