AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Age is nothing but a number

Magnolia is offline Neophyte
    Age is a number but it not. . . less important. If love starts to bloom everything else become less important.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    People have age preferences, so in that sense it's not "just a number" to them. Just as some people have hair color preferences, height preferences and body build preferences. It is just a number from the stand point of other people judging your relationship --- it's none of their business.
    SheLikesKitties and Magnolia like this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Drewright is offline Neophyte

Age??

It's been my experience that age really is "just a number" - but WHERE someone is at in their life at their age is honestly what matters most. The real roadblocks to dating older/younger are those things on the "to do" or "have done" list - having children, raising children, career goals, etc.

As a younger man who has mostly dated older women, issues such as kids and career come up often. I've dated older women who desperately wanted children and my being younger was especially attractive to them...for all the reasons you'd think (haha). I've also dated women who either had their children or didn't want them in the first place, leading to the the awkward conversation about "what my expectations are for this relationship". I like kids very much, but don't have any particular pull to be a father so my having them is a non issue.

Career wise, when I was clawing my way up the professional ladder I dated some women who found my struggle frustrating. I was just out of college and seeing a 38-year old medical researcher who I met at a family wedding. I'd been looking for my first real post-college job and over a Thai dinner my girlfriend said "This is a good time and all, but I don't think I want to be with a clerk who works in a pharmacy (my job at the time)". That was pretty damned insulting and when we broke up a few months later, I told her I couldn't get that out of my head. My point? The age difference wasn't what broke us up - it was the different places we were in our lives.

Attraction and chemistry certainly matter - and I think if there's a spark between two people they should explore it regardless of the age difference. Ships do crash in the night - but not all of them are going in the same direction.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    My situation was kind of opposite yours. Due to circumstances, some my fault and others not, I was way behind in life for my age. At 23 I started my freshman year of college again, for the third time! College was a real struggle for me, more than any other level of education. I think my problem was more emotional than anything to do with intelligence or skills.

I finally got my A.A. at 25 and had NO success finding a meaningful job. I ended up working as a freezer monitor for a biotech company. That meant I worked weekends in a warehouse recording freezer temperatures in a log book every two hours. They called it "data entry". I finally got a programming job at my father's company for very low wages and worked my way through the rest of college, getting my degree at 30. What's worse, living in the Washington D.C. area I was in one of the most expensive regions in the country. Housing costs for even one bedroom units were out of my league for my entire 20s. I felt that I missed my young adulthood and was attracted to younger women. I wanted that 20-something girlfriend I never had, and to marry that 22ish girl that I saw all my classmates and many of my co-workers marry.

By the time I was "somewhere in life" I was in my 30s and the kind of women I wanted saw me as being too old. At least on this side of the Pacific. If you know me from my other posts you'll know that I went to the Philippines and found somebody over there.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12