AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A high-profile YM for the list

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Worm View Post
    What makes you think so? Would you prefer Le Pen had been elected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Definitely.
    Political AGR's do not seem to be working out so well for the far Right on this side of the Channel: Henry Bolton, 54, leader of far-right fringe party UKIP, had left his wife less than a month ago for a 25 year old glamour model, only to part with her two days ago after she embarrassed him by sending tweets which expressed gross racism, insulted nurses and affronted the royal family, thus ruffling feathers left, right and centre. The party may now need their fifth new leader in 18 months, although as they seem to have about 2% of the vote I'm not sure many will notice.

UKIP leader splits with partner after Meghan Markle texts - BBC News

SW

jordan is offline Senior Member
    I hope AGRs don't get judged based on the actions of the wealthy and politically powerful. I mean on the one hand, Macron and his wife seem to have a genuine relationship, regardless of how people feel it started. On the other hand, over here we have Trump/Melania and Mnuchin/Louise Linton. I at least give Melania some credit because she seems like she's making an effort to be a good mother. For Trump, Mnuchin and Linton, they each couldn't be more transparent if you wiped them down with a barrelful of Windex.
    LunaLove likes this.

LunaLove is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    I hope AGRs don't get judged based on the actions of the wealthy and politically powerful. I mean on the one hand, Macron and his wife seem to have a genuine relationship, regardless of how people feel it started. On the other hand, over here we have Trump/Melania and Mnuchin/Louise Linton. I at least give Melania some credit because she seems like she's making an effort to be a good mother. For Trump, Mnuchin and Linton, they each couldn't be more transparent if you wiped them down with a barrelful of Windex.
    I hate to say this, but when I see a "rich" older man, with a "beautiful" younger woman I assume it's BS and it usually proves to be exactly that. But when it's a younger man with an older woman, it often seems genuine. Like Macron. Nothing to suggest that's anything but true love.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    I mean on the one hand, Macron and his wife seem to have a genuine relationship, regardless of how people feel it started.
    An item about their early days, from the Telegraph, 'Brigitte Macron’s daughter describes how a teenage Macron fell for his teacher' https://www-telegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampp...ell-teacher%2F

SW
    Inamorata likes this.

Corsair is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLove View Post
    I hate to say this, but when I see a "rich" older man, with a "beautiful" younger woman I assume it's BS and it usually proves to be exactly that. But when it's a younger man with an older woman, it often seems genuine. Like Macron. Nothing to suggest that's anything but true love.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Just like Trudeau in Canada these fools toe or pretend to toe the Left wing line, if having an older partner (or some other type of partner that fits the Left wing narrative) can make them look progressive than they will do it.

Inamorata is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be so sure. Just like Trudeau in Canada these fools toe or pretend to toe the Left wing line, if having an older partner (or some other type of partner that fits the Left wing narrative) can make them look progressive than they will do it.
    I don't see a relationship between a younger man and an older woman as being either a Left wing or Right wing issue. I think that women who marry significantly younger men and men who marry significantly older women get bashed and trashed equally by both wings and everyone in between.

these fools toe or pretend to toe the Left wing line, if having an older partner (... that fits the Left wing narrative) can make them look progressive than they will do it.
    Are you really claiming that Macron at the age of 15 had decided upon a political career, had decided to seek an older wife in the belief that being married to an older woman would attract voters by making him look progressive, and having come up with this remarkable strategy promptly pursued a married teacher at his school rather than wait until he was old enough to marry and then find a compliant single older woman (which would surely have been less effort)?

SW
    Inamorata and SheLikesKitties like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inamorata View Post
    I don't see a relationship between a younger man and an older woman as being either a Left wing or Right wing issue.
    That could be the case if we saw right and left purely in terms of economic policy. However it's pretty clear why a genuine conservative, rather than a right-wing liberal, would disapprove of OWYM relationships. First, there is a long tradition of marriages where the husband was to some degree older than the wife, but not of the opposite. Secondly marriage traditionally had an element of male dominance and there was also a tradition associating age with authority, so a OWYM marriage implied a contradiction between the two. I'd assume that someone with conservative tendencies would be less likely to regard an older woman or younger man as a potential partner.

SW
    Inamorata likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inamorata View Post
    I don't see a relationship between a younger man and an older woman as being either a Left wing or Right wing issue. I think that women who marry significantly younger men and men who marry significantly older women get bashed and trashed equally by both wings and everyone in between.
    Are you really claiming that Macron at the age of 15 had decided upon a political career, had decided to seek an older wife in the belief that being married to an older woman would attract voters by making him look progressive, and having come up with this remarkable strategy promptly pursued a married teacher at his school rather than wait until he was old enough to marry and then find a compliant single older woman (which would surely have been less effort)?

SW
    What I am saying is those in the political arena will do anything to succeed. If it was still the trend for a man to marry younger than he would marry a younger woman to look good.

What I am saying is those in the political arena will do anything to succeed.
    You wrote specifically about "left-wing" politicians.

If it was still the trend for a man to marry younger than he would marry a younger woman to look good.
    That is still the trend. In the USA "According to the most recent estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, the average age of first marriage for women in 2017 was 27.4 years. For men, it's slightly older at 29.5 years." (https://www.womenshealthmag.com/rela...e-of-marriage/) and here in the UK similarly there has been a consistent trend for the average husband to be three years older then the average wife from the 1950's to today. (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ovisional/2015)

The whole idea that Macron and Trudeau both chose to marry older women (a barely noticeable 4 years older in Trudeau's case) primarily as strategies to appeal to voters seems preposterous on the face of it.

SW
    Inamorata likes this.

Inamorata is offline Senior Member
    That could be the case if we saw right and left purely in terms of economic policy. However it's pretty clear why a genuine conservative, rather than a right-wing liberal, would disapprove of OWYM relationships. First, there is a long tradition of marriages where the husband was to some degree older than the wife, but not of the opposite. Secondly marriage traditionally had an element of male dominance and there was also a tradition associating age with authority, so a OWYM marriage implied a contradiction between the two. I'd assume that someone with conservative tendencies would be less likely to regard an older woman or younger man as a potential partner.

SW
    I agree that ideologically it would seem that it would fit better with a more progressive point of view. However, on the ground, I don't see much difference in individual attitudes. But maybe I'm working with too small a sample. I did bring a date who was several decades younger than me to a gathering of people who were appalled by the election of "mini Trump" in Ontario (probably makes them left of centre although I know many conservatives who were equally appalled) and no one mentioned the age difference, not even indirectly.

As for Trudeau, I'm Canadian and I didn't even know his wife was 4 years older lol. I guess that's how much it matters to Canadians.

I'm also not sure that I think much of the idea that politicians will do "whatever it takes" to get elected with regard to their personal lives. Too many ultra-conservatives who oppose all pro-LGBTQ policies end up being caught with young men in hotel rooms and too many left wing guys who put forward anti-sexism and anti-harassment legislation get caught sexually assaulting or sexually harassing women. I think they'll do "whatever it takes" in the public eye, but it doesn't seem to make much difference to what they do when it comes to their personal lives.
    SheLikesKitties likes this.

You wrote specifically about "left-wing" politicians.

That is still the trend. In the USA "According to the most recent estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau, the average age of first marriage for women in 2017 was 27.4 years. For men, it's slightly older at 29.5 years." (https://www.womenshealthmag.com/rela...e-of-marriage/) and here in the UK similarly there has been a consistent trend for the average husband to be three years older then the average wife from the 1950's to today. (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ovisional/2015)

The whole idea that Macron and Trudeau both chose to marry older women (a barely noticeable 4 years older in Trudeau's case) primarily as strategies to appeal to voters seems preposterous on the face of it.

SW
    They do tend to be the scum of the Earth. Especially Trudeau.

I guess you don't know about Trudeau saying that he wouldn't have sexually harassed the female reporter if he knew she was a reporter?! So harassing any other woman is ok then. He is a light weight cuck.

jordan is offline Senior Member
    They do tend to be the scum of the Earth. Especially Trudeau.

I guess you don't know about Trudeau saying that he wouldn't have sexually harassed the female reporter if he knew she was a reporter?! So harassing any other woman is ok then. He is a light weight cuck.
    Just keep on keepin on with the truth....

Trudeau ... is a ... cuck.
    Is that short for 'cuckhold'? If so what makes you think so?

Is that short for 'cuckhold'? If so what makes you think so?

Yes a cuckold or soy boy. An emasculated Leftard piece of human waste. Why do I think that? Because all Left wingers are human waste plus Turdeau sells out his own country and people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123