AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is your cell phone a reflection of you?

joelstrouble is offline Silence! I'll kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo55 View Post
    I don't own a cell phone.
    Good for you!!!

I have a Samsung phone... and don't even know what model it is... LOL
    and it has been off for atleast 3 days now....

I used to be a celled phone addict.. but now I don't care about it at all...

scott2075 Guest

sbux_addict is offline Member

I have a Treo 650, and no, it's not a company phone - it's a personal phone.

I love it even if it's bulky, it pretty much organizes my life. I got too much stuff going on, meetings here and there, and I feel disabled if I don't have it...

So yeah, my cell reflects me.

dbexx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPanther_04 View Post
    One's lab/boxer and the other is mostly lab/blue heeler. They were both nearly two before I could really trust them, but the most destructive phase was probably between 6 months and a year. They'll still get food off the counter and try to raid the cat's litter box, but they leave non-edible things alone now.
    We've had to get the cat a covered litter box to prevent the eating of the cat litter.
    It is nice to be reassured this is just a phase though

dbexx Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbux_addict View Post

I love it even if it's bulky, it pretty much organizes my life. I got too much stuff going on, meetings here and there, and I feel disabled if I don't have it...

That is one snazzy phone!

Mishigas73 Guest
    My cell phone reflects me to the extent that I am REALLY "anti-phone" at this moment and it's seen quite a hard life. I don't even know what it is. An LG something or other.

It works when I need it to. And, when I don't need it to work, it's turned off at the bottom of my purse.

I just have no need to be "so connected" at this point. And, I've also gone back to actually WRITING THINGS OUT on paper. I have a plain paper notebook that I'd be FAR more upset to lose than my phone at this point.

goodchild Guest
    Scott and SA

Nadine! I can't get your green chocolate out of my mind! Wait a minute! how can chocolate be green? I think it says you are confident, bold and definitely snazzy!

bubbleee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbux_addict View Post

Do you get your email on your phone, too? That's why I have a blackberry. Treos also are Windows enabled are they not?

Amina Guest
    Like some of the other ladies, I have a Motorolla Razr, but mine is in the totally obnoxious bright pink color b/c I always have trouble finding my phones when they are inside my purse so I thought the bright color would help (I should have gotten Aline's phone, hahahah!!!)...I also liked the size and shape of the phone. My husband just got some new Samsung thing that is supposed to be the slimmest phone on the market and makes my phone look big and old, lol. We also have an imate laying around and lots of other phones because my husband loves gadgets and cell phones.

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    James just went yesterday and got a Motorola Razr (or however you spell it). He really likes it.
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

miu Guest
    I have no cellphone. My YM doesn't use his very often and keeps breaking his. He's on some cheap one now. We just aren't interested in being that connected with people. It's incredibly how much alike we are in personality and life attitudes for people that are 23 years apart in age.

goodchild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miu View Post
    I have no cellphone. My YM doesn't use his very often and keeps breaking his. He's on some cheap one now. We just aren't interested in being that connected with people. It's incredibly how much alike we are in personality and life attitudes for people that are 23 years apart in age.
    Miu, you are the fourth person I think who have said they have no cell phone. How do you survive?

I can't imagine my life without cell phone; in fact I don't remember my life before cell phone. I often wonder how did I cope before I had one; I got my first cell phone at age 16.

On a few occasions when I have forgotten my phone at home, I felt naked, cut off from the world and simply helpless! Maybe this has to do with the phasing out of public pay phones where I live, so it is highly inconvenient to have to ask someone to make a call on their business (at a cost) or personal phone.

PinkPanther_04 Guest
    I don't actually use my phone all that much either, but I have such an odd schedule and am not usually in a place where I could be reached on a land line, so if I'm going to have a phone at all, a cell phone works much better for me. I don't have any other reason to have a phone at home, so it would be pointless to pay for a phone that I couldn't take with me when I left.

And it's a safety issue. If I get stranded somewhere it's good to have a way to contact other people. I got accidentally locked in my study site one night (there's a fence around it with a locked gate), and if I hadn't had my phone I would have had to jump an 8-foot cyclone fence topped with barbed wire and walk to a friend's house. But I had my phone, so I called a friend who lives nearby and he came and got the gate open for me. So having a cell phone isn't just about needing to be connected to people all the time. I don't have that need either, and I don't chit chat much at all on it. But there have been plenty of occasions when I've been **** glad I had it.

miu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by goodchild View Post
    Miu, you are the fourth person I think who have said they have no cell phone. How do you survive?

I can't imagine my life without cell phone; in fact I don't remember my life before cell phone. I often wonder how did I cope before I had one; I got my first cell phone at age 16.

On a few occasions when I have forgotten my phone at home, I felt naked, cut off from the world and simply helpless! Maybe this has to do with the phasing out of public pay phones where I live, so it is highly inconvenient to have to ask someone to make a call on their business (at a cost) or personal phone.
    I will borrow my YM's phone if I am on a long day trip, just in case of emergency. But who do I really need to talk to in the middle of the day? I enjoy my company just fine. And I just like to focus on my driving.

Maybe if I had children, I would want a cellphone. However, my childhood was just fine without one. On the other hand, I am very much attached to the internet and my email service.

And to be honest, I feel that new couples are unduly stressed by being so connected with their cellphones and internet. When I was younger, my relationships progressed in a much slower and more relaxed pace. Now everyone expects their love interest to be always thinking of them and at their constant beck and call. I've seen guys get both upset when their girlfriends don't answer their cellphones AND then get mad if their girlfriends call them too much. What a dreadful balancing act to have to maintain!!

And I just looked. My YM has a very inexpensive Samsung flip phone. I think that it only cost $25 or $35. The person at the kiosk assured my YM that it is very durable. And my YM just buys his minutes.

OHLis Guest
    I have a Nokia 6555 and I love it. Its not too small, not too big. I absolutely require a flip phone...because I can not STAND auto lock on my keys and if I didnt use it, Id be dialing china as much as that thing gets bumped around in my bag. It has excellent sound quality and texts like a dream....

I use it for everything...alarm, email, texting (a ton to jenny jen, lol), calendar alerts, videos, pictures, and of course calling...alot..

Im not sure what it says about me. Efficiency I guess...I consider myself a highly efficient person when it comes to tasking with little to no pretty frills and flamboyance, lol ...and my phone is as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast