AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lance & Ashley

freeasabird Guest
    hehehe, I thought it was gonna be lance bass. Threw me off cause I thought he was gay. I like ol lance armstrong, more power to him. More power to both of them, I can't see lance armstrong being a bad influence in anyone's life. I'm not a good judge of man looks, but I know the man has a beautiful heart. I don't care about all the gossip, nobody can take away what he accomplished. Ashley is smarter than anyone would ever think, and I don't believe she is the typical youthful lady people would expect her to be.

Amina Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPanther_04 View Post
    The fact of the matter is that we don't know much more about most celebrities than we do about strangers walking down the street. We don't know what they're like as people, or what they're like in a relationship, or how compatible or incompatible they may be with anyone else on Earth. And none of that has any impact on any of our lives anyways. But some people still insist on judging them based on their appearance or the characters they play or tabloid gossip. And it's funny how sometimes it's people who claim not to care about celebrities who have the strongest opinions about them. So two people have so far found themselves to be incompatible with other people they have been involved with and are now involved with each other. Big whoop. So one of them happens to be a bit older/younger than the other. Again, big whoop.
    It's really not that deep. I've met celebrities that I didn't think I'd like before I met them, and then after meeting them I really, really liked them...I've met other celebrities that I thought I'd like alot, then in real life they were horrible...I don't think anyone here is saying that they know for SURE what either one of them is like. We can get vibes from people we pass on the street...we can get vibes from celebrities...I'm sure there are some celebrities that you care for more than others.

It's just not that serious.

Amina Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by freeasabird View Post
    I can't see lance armstrong being a bad influence in anyone's life....but I know the man has a beautiful heart. Ashley is smarter than anyone would ever think...
    LOL, do you know either of them personally?

Starrypup Guest
    Well, I actually have run in the same circle with Lance when he was still with his wife. He is extremely charming and would appear to have very very strong narcissistic traits (to me). I'm not saying he meets criteria for the full blown disorder, but there was definitely something going on. Kristin (his ex) put up with a lot of crap and did so gracefully. The way she has handled the divorce is a testament to her as a person.

I'm more frustrated at the way he blows through women than anything else and hope that Ashley is sufficiently protecting herself emotionally!

PinkPanther_04 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amina View Post
    It's really not that deep. I've met celebrities that I didn't think I'd like before I met them, and then after meeting them I really, really liked them...I've met other celebrities that I thought I'd like alot, then in real life they were horrible...I don't think anyone here is saying that they know for SURE what either one of them is like. We can get vibes from people we pass on the street...we can get vibes from celebrities...I'm sure there are some celebrities that you care for more than others.

It's just not that serious.
    I simply don't support anyone making personal judgments about people they don't know at all, based on appearances and things like that, no matter who the target is. That's how you wind up with ignorant stereotypes. I guess I do consider the perpetuation of stereotypes to be pretty serious. And no, I can't think of any celebrity that I care one bit about on a personal level, because I have no idea what they're like and it doesn't affect my life in any way. They're just not important people to me at all. There are a few whose work I like, but professional respect is as far as it goes.

Mishigas73 Guest
    I've read enough People magazines to have made up my mind about the "twins". I think that "trollop" is the appropriate word.

Let's see who the little darling that I would dread my daughter molding herself after is with next week.

I've never been one to applaud age gap relationships at the expense of what I consider to be decent behavior, and I'm certainly not going to start with this "relationship".

Mishigas73 Guest
    Oh yeah, and for the record, I have quite little respect for "ol Lance". It doesn't really affect the discussion here, because it has more to do with his athletic endeavors, but, I suppose it may also shade my opinion of this lovely coupling.

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoliepup View Post
    Kristin (his ex) put up with a lot of crap and did so gracefully. The way she has handled the divorce is a testament to her as a person.
    Interesting. She said on Oprah that the problems were with her identity crisis and not Lance and that they are still on good terms.

Starrypup Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    Interesting. She said on Oprah that the problems were with her identity crisis and not Lance and that they are still on good terms.
    This is a man that she genuinely loved and shares children with. I think it was very wise and mature of her to handle things the way she did...

I wouldn't, however, believe the made for TV version of this break-up. The private story isn't quite as simple, and remember I knew Lance better than Kristin. Kristin is a very smart lady and did not want to be seen as a victim. I can't speak for her, but I can say that you weren't getting the full story on Oprah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12