AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Tell us about your age gap

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    Hey, Blaze, how did your family react to your OM? My OM's family loves the idea and has no problem with us. My family has gone ape, especially my mom.

Jacq Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by *Blaze* View Post
    I still don't understand why it is more socially acceptable to be a drug addict and an alcoholic, than be in a healthy, loving relationship with an older man/woman.
    Hear hear!!!

I totally agree, society is ridiculous when it comes to age gaps. There are all sorts of relationships society has accepted, why does age matter? Being a drug addict and alcholic is harmful and destroys lives. Anyway, I agree with you that it's stupid how society reacts. Hey, you found happiness so right on

*Blaze* Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie28 View Post
    Hey, Blaze, how did your family react to your OM? My OM's family loves the idea and has no problem with us. My family has gone ape, especially my mom.
    My mother and my mothers parents welcomed him into our family, love him and think hes a great guy, my farther on the other hand disowned me when we told him and i haven't talked or heard from him in months. Tho it dose not really bother me as my father has never had much part in my life and lives about 7 hours away

*Blaze* Guest
    Oh and apart from his 18 year old daughter (who has kind of gone off the rails with drugs, alcohol etc etc...) his entire family think I'm awesome and love me to bits

I guess it's about time I posted mine. I met Mark through a Christian dating site. He said he messaged me on a whim thinking there was no way a girl my age and so beautiful (yes I am spoiled) would want to talk with someone. Well, we began talking in May and talked until July. I decided to tell my mother. I am finishing up my bachelor's degree online and live at home. I told her and she flipped. She started crying, throwing fits, etc. I caved in, broke up with Mark. I was miserable, and so was he. We still loved each other, thought about each other. Well, we started talking again and knew, just knew we wanted to be together. I told my mother and she's still throwing some hissy fits (mainly the sad act and pouty act) but I am going to be with Mark. My mother has a big hang-up on age differences. She loves to throw out insults such as "he's the daddy you never had!" and "he's a dirty old man." Well, I respect my mother and I love her, but I need to live my own life and make my own choices. Trust me, Mark is worth it all the way!

I am 23 he is 47. I've never met someone so easy to talk to, sweet, and caring. It is not going to be an easy road, but he's worth it! Really, when you find someone you're compatible with, it just fits. Mark is that way. He's kind, caring, and just a rare gem of a guy. He makes me laugh and smile and just want to be a better person.
    BeachHut likes this.

*Blaze* Guest

Sympathy :(

I know how you feel to a point, my mother was a lot like that at first, i hadn't told her yet but she had some suspicions. Said i was looking for a father figure, and he was much to old for me etc... Even rang up my dads brother who dose not live far from us, and he was ready to come round and beat the ***** out of my OM.
    She came around in the end tho, she could see how much happier i was with him. Now Roy (my OM) and myself go round and have a roast dinner with my mum and grandparents every Sunday. My Grandfather and Roy get on especially well and have a lot in common, both are originally from England so love sharing stories about the "Old Country" Hehe.
    X Blaze

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I know how you feel to a point, my mother was a lot like that at first, i hadn't told her yet but she had some suspicions. Said i was looking for a father figure, and he was much to old for me etc... Even rang up my dads brother who dose not live far from us, and he was ready to come round and beat the ***** out of my OM.
    I knew your original post was too good to be true. Oh well. I guess in THIS culture every one needs some time in the beginning to get over the initial shock of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    I still don't understand why it is more socially acceptable to be a drug addict and an alcoholic, than be in a healthy, loving relationship with an older man/woman
    It's also more socially acceptable to be gay.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

PinkCat is offline Animals are people too!
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerBob View Post

That is SO true.
    BeachHut likes this.

Lesson learned: do not attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

QuietDido Guest
    I agree, that's totally true.

I mean, not that it's a bad thing....but there are gay advocacy groups all around. there's even one at my college (surprising)...they are all about "being who you want to be with." Well, same goes for age gap relationships! It's legal and there's nothing wrong with it. Just a little different.

haha but if I started an "age gap" support group, I'd be mocked. Most people here think a big "age gap" is 2 years: "OMG hez 20 and im 18 oh noez"
    BeachHut likes this.

*Blaze* Guest
    Also threesomes, group orgies and wife swapping are more accepted where i am! A guy that Roy knows is in to wife swapping and he invited us to go round for dinner and then jump in the hot tub i wonder what he was after

Needless to say we didn't and we don't have much contact with him any more

Blaze

I know. Cursed be me! Why couldn't I be a normal gay guy like everybody else, life would be so much easier. Instead I have the curse of being an old man attracted to young beautiful women. What could be worse than that?

Life could be this:
    Me: "Hi mom, guess what, I'm gay". Mom: "Good for you, son, I'm happy for you."

Instead it's this:
    Me: "Hi mom, I just met a girl and she's ummm... *sigh* *gasp* *choke* ..... 29 years old, and I'm fi..fi.fiff****"... heart attack, 911 called... Her father finds out and the shot gun comes out of the closet!

Thank God I'm married, because I wouldn't last if I were single.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

*Blaze* Guest
    Heh. My very narrow minded dad would rather i was a alcoholic, drug addict who has countless STD's from being on the game and sleeping around while also going out with a 23 yr old gang member who just got out of prison for murder. Because that is more socially acceptable.

GAH! What the hell is wrong with society

Act your age, but don't tell me mine.

It's because we live in a very vain society. People are measured for their outer qualities and not their inner spirits, souls and character.

Your father probably has a macho complex. He wants to take pride in seeing his daughter with a good-looking, young stud.

If it's so socially unacceptable to be with a younger person, then why is everybody spending so much trying to look younger? The cosmetic industry, 90% of which is dedicated to erasing the signs of age, rivals the illegal drug trade in annual revenue, yet people stand on a soap box and sanctimoniously preach the gospel of acting your age. Yeah, right! What a bunch of hypocrites!

*Blaze* Guest
    It's because we live in a very vain society. People are measured for their outer qualities and not their inner spirits, souls and character.

Your father probably has a macho complex. He wants to take pride in seeing his daughter with a good-looking, young stud.

If it's so socially unacceptable to be with a younger person, then why is everybody spending so much trying to look younger? The cosmetic industry, 90% of which is dedicated to erasing the signs of age, rivals the illegal drug trade in annual revenue, yet people stand on a soap box and sanctimoniously preach the gospel of acting your age. Yeah, right! What a bunch of hypocrites!
    So very true!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast