AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Tell us about your age gap

helpfulhands1 Guest

You got me beat...

Quote Originally Posted by Sprollie View Post
    Hello

I'm 21 and my OM is 59, we have very big age gap but we have been together for 4 years and we get on very well, even though there is an age gap we have loads in common. I love being with him all the time and he loves being with me. The best thing I ever did was meet him.

So if someone was to ask me if an Age Gap relationship works then I would yes, if your in love any relationship will work no matter what the age difference is.
    Hi Sprollie AND Blaze,

Not that it's a competition, but you both got us beat, she's 22 and I'm 54, been an item for almost 2 years, and similar to Summer Bob's prior situation, she's in the Philippines and I'm here in the USA. She has mentioned several age gap relationships there. I'm under the impression that in addition to the Philippines, age is not such an issue in much of India as well as several arabic countries and other asian countries as well. I have no idea about african countries. Just out of curiousity, anyone have any further input?
    Last edited by helpfulhands1; 10-18-2009 at 02:03 AM.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    The discussion or the acceptance or commonality of age-gap relationships in different parts of the world is off the topic of this thread, so I have deleted my response.
    Last edited by SummerBob; 10-19-2009 at 08:58 AM.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Geo55 Guest
    The topic of this thread is member's age gap relationships. Lets please return this thread to that topic.

You've gone off topic discussing some interesting subjects in this thread and a couple of others recently. My suggestion for the future ... when a certain subject is bothering you or on your mind, please start a new thread. Its very easy for one thought to lead to another, everyone gets off topic every now and then, its pretty common on internet forums. Please don't take my request wrong, I'm just doing my job as a moderator. I think you are all, no exceptions, a very kind and respectful group of people.

There are two things to consider (1) taking a person's thread off topic is considered disrespectful to the original poster and (2) you'll likely get better participation if you start a new thread because many members will avoid joining into your discussion if you've hijacked a thread.

-G

helpfulhands1 Guest

Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by Geo55 View Post
    The topic of this thread is member's age gap relationships. Lets please return this thread to that topic.

You've gone off topic discussing some interesting subjects in this thread and a couple of others recently. My suggestion for the future ... when a certain subject is bothering you or on your mind, please start a new thread. Its very easy for one thought to lead to another, everyone gets off topic every now and then, its pretty common on internet forums. Please don't take my request wrong, I'm just doing my job as a moderator. I think you are all, no exceptions, a very kind and respectful group of people.

There are two things to consider (1) taking a person's thread off topic is considered disrespectful to the original poster and (2) you'll likely get better participation if you start a new thread because many members will avoid joining into your discussion if you've hijacked a thread.

-G
    Oops, sorry, I was on topic with the 1st 2 sentences than went off on a tangiental thought. I'll try to watch that in the future, my sincere appologies to all, no disrespect intended For future reference, the proper method would be to reference the other thread within this topic?

I just reread the FAQ and forum rules and that procedure was not covered, sorry (I guess "common sense ain't so common...and in some areas, it's downright rare.")
    Last edited by helpfulhands1; 10-19-2009 at 09:33 AM.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    George,

You make some very good points. It is disrespectful to the original poster. I think some of us just get lazy and say what we're thinking without going to the trouble of starting a new thread.

In the future we should all be more vigilant.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

*Blaze* Guest
    Yes, I am sorry to, no disrespect intended.

caj Guest
    Hi..
    This will be my intro as well. Anyway, I'm 26 and my husband is 47 (going on 48 next month) and we have a beautiful 5 year old daughter. I met John when I was 18, and he was the nicest man ever. I was smitten from day one, I never thought that he had the same feelings for me. I moved in with him some months later, we married in late 2003.

And we are happy, I help him, he helps me. He's an amazing father, I could go on forever but I will stop here

kitensugardady Guest
    My woman is 27 years younger than I am

paisley123 Guest

thanks...

hi I'm new here, have been reading posts for a few days, your situations seems a little like mine in some ways.... we are still "weeding through" things. He is still married and his children make things a bit complicated....well we call them children but they are both in their early 20's. Its nice to hear stories when things work out in the end! I needed a little pick me up today, thank you!

lovemytwins is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how I missed this thread.
    DH( I started calling DH instead of OM. The term OM does not sound right to me) and I met in early 2001 got marrried in early 2002.
    We met at church when I translated the sermon of a minister who visited my country with him and her family. I was in school doing my master's. I was 27 and marriage was in my mind then. Just a week before I met my now husband I met a very interesting engineering student whom I thought I had date but life took a different turn and I met DH. I took him home, everyone loved him and told me I must keep him. I always believe that if my mom likes the guy I date or take home then that man would make a good husband. I'm right. We dated for over a year and got married. It wasn't easy for the first few years but after 9 years of being together and 8 years of being husband and wife things are getting much better. We hardly find things to argue about.

We now have a happy home and a set of beautiful twins and everything is WONDERFUL.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    I met Mark on a Christian dating site. Interestingly enough, I had my age range of men I would talk to up to age 45. Mark hadn't changed his age, and I'm glad he didn't or we wouldn't have ever talked! He sent me a message first and we talked for about a month through the e-mail service provided on the site and then I gave him my Yahoo name and we began chatting there. I knew there was something different about him when we began chatting and believe it or not he said he knew within a week I was the woman he wanted to marry! I was very cautious at first, it took me quite a while to even give him my cell phone number. When I first heard his voice and he had that Texas twang it just all sort of clicked. The first time I knew how deeply I'd fallen in love with Mark was when I called him like sixty something times one Sunday and got no reply. I was crying thinking he got into an accident or something (he just had his ringer off) I knew then I was really in love. I broke the news to my mother and did tell her his age. It all hit the fan, so to speak. My mother went into hysterics calling him all sorts of names and saying he was a stalker. Instead of being an adult and doing what I wanted, I caved in and told Mark we couldn't talk. My heart was broken and so was his.

I missed him like crazy during the month we didn't talk. I would cry and tell myself that I wanted him and no one else. I was afraid a great rare man like him had found someone else. On a whim, I sent him a text message telling him I still loved him and wanted to be together, but understood if he wouldn't take me back. He told me he loved me and wanted me, and had given up if he couldn't be with me. Well, we talked for a few more months and met the first time in October. It was pure magic. He was so tall (that was my first impression) and we had dinner at a Chinese place. He was easy to talk to just like on the phone and the Internet. I felt I'd known him my whole life. Our first kiss felt like we were meant to be together. He actually proposed to me and I said yes. We met twice more before he asked me to come stay a week with him. My mother gave me all sorts of um crap but I did it anyway. Well, we knew we wanted to get married, so we did! We got married on November 19,2009. Everyday I am so happy we're married and can't imagine my life without him. I love him so much. Yes, we have rough spots but I love him so much!

Our age gap is 24 years. I was 24 and he 47 when we met. Now 24 and 48.

QuietDido Guest
    I guess I should give an "update" on my story.

I came to AL because I was with a man 15 years my senior. That relationship didn't work out (I posted here about it). There were several problems that came up, the main one being that he was unwilling to ever come to NY to be with me. And there was no way I would be able to go over to where he was.

Anyway, fast forward. I am now with Bill. He is ~38 years my senior. He's 58 and I'm 20. We are in the same state! Yay!
    We met online. We were friends (that is, it was more about talking about friendly things, no sexual stuff) but things heated up fast. It's been 7 months now and still going strong.

I am SO happy with him. I love how I can talk to him about anything. I can be open with him about my feelings and I love that. He's very calm, stable, funny, smart, everything. There is no drama in our lives with others and I love that. We plan to marry in the future. We'll both be sticking around in NY so no problem. I love how he supports me no matter what with my career goals. I know we are going to make it.

soni Guest

Smile

hi katrina ,
    dis ess here ,after reading ur article i felt pretty happy 2 know dat life has given u a 2nd chance so i will better suggest u to grab dis opportunity as soon as possible.... ok now a brief introduction abt me.... i m S met my fiancee 2 yrs back nd he is 21 yrs older to me , we met online over net , we both use 2 reside at d xtreme end of d country , i use 2 sty at far east nd he is in deep west ................ we met found each other just perfect for each other. life with him is total heaven , he makes me feel d most valuable person in his life , nd to be very honest i just got d man i expected for me , rather hes much much more dan wat i expected actually. i dont at all believe in differences as coz i hav felt it in my life other dan mere numbers its nothin else . even our parents our happy wid our assiciation.............
    would love 2 know d proceeding of ur rltnship ..................

regards S

sussurrus Guest
    Well I guess I can introduce myself here..

Well I have been in a couple of large age gap relationships before, one with 20 years my senior, the next 25 years senior.. and currently my partner is *calculates* 36 years older than me.
    We have known each other and experienced some feelings for around five years although I was too young to properly explore them at that time.
    It is a very long distance relationship heh.. him in the states and me over in England, and am hoping to meet him in October. We 'met' online and because of the distance, it has not been feasable to literally meet, until now. I am extremely nervous!

It's so nice to find this site where people (hopefully) won't judge me harshly for loving an older man. I hope to learn how other people have dealt with judgemental family members or friends.

Ps.. QuietDido.. It sounds like we're in a similar relationship!

QuietDido Guest
    That's awesome, sussurrus. I'm really excited for you and I hope the meeting goes well!