AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's Your Love Language?

TALLBLONDECUTE is offline Here I am...
    Scores...

LOVE

3 Words of Affirmation
    12 Quality Time
    1 Receiving Gifts
    7 Acts of Service
    7 Physical Touch

APOLOGY

6 Expressing Regret
    4 Accepting Responsibility
    3 Making Restitution
    7 Genuinely Repenting
    0 Requesting Apology
    Last edited by TALLBLONDECUTE; 05-11-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    *Disclaimer, please consult an attorney of your choice, this is not legal advice.

truckman Guest
    Tests like these produce clues into our psychological makeup rather than point out statistics. If you were to chart everyone's results then you'd have statistics.

The problem with tests like these is the answers are sacrificing - meaning you have to choose between two elements of psychology that you may very well have a lot of, thus producing skewed results.

For example, one employer I worked for hired a consulting company to come in and test us, and determine from those results our ideal "job". My ideal job was "Dictator". This was because I scored off the charts in the "dominance" box, with a noticeable amount of self-motivation, with analytical and empathy barely registering.

If you've followed any of my posts you can easily conclude I am very analytical. Why didn't I register in that category? Because psychologically, I am "slightly" more dominant than analytical. Because the questions are either-or, after 500 questions they concluded I am extremely dominant and not very analytical, whereas I am actually both - just slightly more dominant than analytical.

But being identified as a "dictator" combined with the eight hour IQ test scared the pants off management and ultimately that worked to my favor because that's what the company was looking for - dominant managers with high IQ - people who get things done.

Of course I knew that

---

0 Words of Affirmation
    9 Quality Time
    0 Receiving Gifts
    11 Acts of Service
    10 Physical Touch

Interestingly, my girlfriend took the test and scored identically. That very well may be a factor in why our relationship is nothing short of awesome across the board - we speak the same language, er, languages, and to the same degree.

1love is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truckman View Post
    This was because I scored off the charts in the "dominance" box, with a noticeable amount of self-motivation, with analytical and empathy barely registering.
    Ok, you've shared your reasons on why analytical did not show, but what about empathy? hehe
    I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party! ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

1love is offline Senior Member
    Your Scores

6 Words of Affirmation
    10 Quality Time
    2 Receiving Gifts
    5 Acts of Service
    7 Physical Touch
    I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party! ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

truckman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1love View Post
    Ok, you've shared your reasons on why analytical did not show, but what about empathy? hehe
    For the same reason - it's a quadrant-based face-off:

D A

E M

---

The questions put each thing against the other:

D vs A
    D vs M
    D vs E

A vs E
    A vs M

E vs M

And yes, I am psychologically more dominant than I am analytical, empathetic or self-motivated, but that doesn't mean I don't have those qualities for I do - big time.

It just doesn't graph/plot that way on defective tests like that one.

Certainly we can all believe someone can be strong in more than one area. We'd have to be, otherwise most of us wouldn't make it through the day.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Truckman, I agree with you on many points, but you still took the quiz! haha! Some people take these kind of tests while giving the answers they expect their partner or everyone else wants to hear. And yeah, there were some questions I was struggling with, but given a choice between a fancy gift and a romp in the hay...the latter always wins for me...hands down. LOL

Somehow I missed the one about apology, but I already know my style and his. When I'm wrong I say so...and sometimes say it just to start the makeup process. He's pretty much the same.

truckman Guest
    Sure, I took it.

I happen to believe that either-or type tests aren't as accurate as other methods, but the results are at least interesting.

For me at least, what's most interesting is my g/f scored exactly the same.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    OK, I took the Language of Apology quiz as well.....that "Making Restitution" thing makes me look like the warden...LOL Actually, it has to do with the desire to hear my partner or others ask what they can do to make it better....to avoid the same kind of hurt in the future or to repay for something ruined (as in the waiter who spills food all over me) I would expect to do the same....like when a girlfriend insisted on lending me a white crocheted dress she had never worn, and I spilled red wine on it during the date. It went to the dry cleaners the next morning. A simple, "Oops, I'm sorry!" would not have been acceptable. But that's just me. Just because I would LIKE others to take responsibility with action, it doesn't mean I can't forgive them otherwise. This is more about how I would behave than my expectations of others.

3 Expressing Regret
    1 Accepting Responsibility
    10 Making Restitution
    6 Genuinely Repenting
    0 Requesting Apology

shylakirby is offline I love my husband
    Your Scores
    6 Words of Affirmation
    6 Quality Time
    7 Receiving Gifts
    3 Acts of Service
    8 Physical Touch
    Now that you know your love language, here’s some more information you might not have realized about it, and why certain behaviors affect you more than others.
    Your Love Language
    Physical Touch

This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face–they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.

Married my prince charming December 6th, 2009

shylakirby is offline I love my husband
    I also took the Apology language assessment.

Your Scores
    4 Expressing Regret
    5 Accepting Responsibility
    1 Making Restitution
    1 Genuinely Repenting
    9 Requesting Apology
    Now that you know your apology language, here’s some more information you might not have realized about it, and why certain apologies affect you more than others.
    Your Apology Language
    Requesting Apology

You have chosen Requesting Apology as your primary Apology Language. You want to know that the offending person highly values your relationship and sincerely desires restoration.

Married my prince charming December 6th, 2009

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    Because MM mentioned this i did this love language test again today.. so, it is a few years later,, and I am still sÓ in love with Kevin since 2008)..my language seems to have changed!
    A score of 10 points today on quality time. (was 7 in 2011)
    6 ; acts of service (was 4)
    5; touch (was 8)
    5; affirmation (was 7)
    3; receiving gifts ( was 4)

I will again... ask Kevin to take this test...(but i think he still scores huge on touch!
    Last edited by Mebel; 07-26-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: :)
    MissMuffins likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12