AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: wtf is up w/the "Big TV" thing???

Azureth is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkunicorn View Post
    We watch a lot of movies, and in our den, the TV is supposed to be the focal point. We have a front room or "living room" right as you come into our house. This is where the nice couch and cozy chairs are for entertaining and socializing.

Speaking of movies...

:

The other day I took the kids out for a fast-food treat. In my 7 year old daughter's meal, she got a dinosaur toy and a Jurassic Park poster. Here is the conversation that happened:

DD-age 7: I saw Jurassic Park at my friend's house!
    Me: I saw that movie when it came out in the theaters. I was in high school then. (Mid 1990's)
    DS-age 10: Was it in black and white?
    Me: Oh you did NOT just say that!!
    OM: That would be more my time than your mother's!
    Since I got my sectional couch people LOVE to just sit/lay down (especially in the corner) and just relax and watch some TV or play a game.

Funny story. I've had younger people ask me what a floppy disk is!

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I never "got" the whole big screen TV thing either. My TV was an old school 26" stereo (lol!) that I've had for more than 20 years. Then, last month, my son and daughter-in-law bought me a 42" smart TV for my 60th birthday. I went to the cable company and traded in my old digital cable box for an HD one. Well, I've been hooked on my TV ever since. Now I just have to put together the new console and shelf units that I bought for it. I do love my TV. There's also a plus to the bigger screen....it's a lot easier to see and read things on the screen with my worsening 60-year-old eyes. lol!
    Azureth and SheLikesKitties like this.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post

EDIT: Also NY10 I suggest you edit your post. If MM sees not only how many TVs you have but how big they are you may give her a heart attack!
    There is a TV in every room, I have even tried to convince my guy of getting one in the bathroom but that is more of a joke. Like I said, I can't explain it but we have the space and we enjoy it. The bigger the better
    Azureth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
    There is a TV in every room, I have even tried to convince my guy of getting one in the bathroom but that is more of a joke. Like I said, I can't explain it but we have the space and we enjoy it. The bigger the better
    If I had a house with a nice bath you better believe I'd install a TV on the wall over it. That would be sweet!
    NY10, AmandaAlice and pinkunicorn like this.

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if there is a way to install a weatherproof TV over the hot tub?
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

If anyone here is rich they should buy this TV just to spite MM!

Samsung's S9 Ultra HD 4K HDTV looks like a bargain at $40,000. | Digital Trends

I know, I'm in a facetious mood today for some reason.

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    I entered a raffle to win a 42" TV from the Humane Society (worst case scenario, they get $5 to buy some cat food. I'm good with that.) Having a large screen is nice when you're playing video games and need to read the text on the screen.

I don't have cable or anything either. It's expensive and is 99% crap. I watch the shows I'm interested in online.
    Azureth likes this.

degausser is offline Senior Member
    My dad has a gargantuan HD tv and it gives me a headache. Watching the Super Bowl at his house this year practically gave me a seizure. It's so overwhelming. Our tv's aren't big, and are old, and I'm fine with that.

gorillagirl Guest
    @azureth- i love the style of your sectional. absolutely beautiful. question: what's up with sonic and the mario bros. poster? i know a 21 year old guy who is kinda obsessed with them. kindly explain.

Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    @azureth- i love the style of your sectional. absolutely beautiful. question: what's up with sonic and the mario bros. poster? i know a 21 year old guy who is kinda obsessed with them. kindly explain.
    I have a lot of videogame-related posters/wallscrolls in the living room and my room; as does my roommate. There's nothing "up" with them, they just look nice to decorate with.

gorillagirl Guest
    az- what am asking is...why are these video games characters so appealing? you're not the 1st guy i've seen who has these images either on his wall or on his desktop so they must have large appeal. what's cool about these characters? the dude i know considers himself a furry...

Well, let me ask you this: When you were a teenager did you have any posters on your wall of rockstars or famous men you thought were awesome? It's kinda the same deal. I grew up with these characters playing/watching them and enjoying all their games/movies/shows. And believe me, it's not just guys, there are lots of YW that are into games/anime etc. that have all sorts of the same stuff on their walls/counter etc.

Watch this:

AmandaAlice likes this.

gorillagirl Guest
    az- i am genuinely asking what is cool about these characters and what awesome qualities they possess (eg: superpowers, etc). i want to know, if you had to describe them, what makes them fabulous.

chi77 Guest
    I also don't have an antennae, dish or cable....just Netflix, Hulu, Amazon. Been that way for about 10 years now. My daughter likes to watch tv shows so we pay for Hulu plus (I pay for Hulu plus). About a year ago I got a 42" flat screen. I don't have a big living room, but it's long and narrow. I have the tv on a stand at one end, and a curved sectional at the other end. So I'm about 12' away from the tv when watching and it's perfect. It's the only tv I have, except I have two 26" old style tv's that I need to get rid of if anyone is interested. How do you get rid of these things? They both work perfectly. I guess I'll put a free ad on Craigslist, but I've been told no one will want them.

Personally if a movie is beautiful enough I will go to any lengths to see it in a theater. No matter how big a screen I could get it wouldn't be the same.

gorillagirl Guest
    at Chi77- someone in gary will take 'em. xoxo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast