AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 65
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Parents that defend their kids no matter what.

  1. #16
    NY10's Avatar
    NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    So by going by that Hitler and Stalins parents should have loved and defended them no matter what they did, right?
    Yes, as their parents they should have loved them and stood by them. Even though I think they are evil and horrible people I'm not their parents. Serial killers have parents, I am sure they keep in touch and love their kids. Rapist have families, I'm sure they get visits in jail. Prisons are filled with murderers, kidnappers, people who do bad things everyday, I am sure wives and mothers and fathers and children visit those men and women. People abuse drugs and rob their own families for the money to support their habit, they hold interventions and try and get them help.

    I'm not saying the parents have to believe what they did was right, or make excuses for them, but they shouldn't stop loving their kid.
    gorillagirl likes this.

  2. #17
    Azureth is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by NY10 View Post
    Yes, as their parents they should have loved them and stood by them. Even though I think they are evil and horrible people I'm not their parents. Serial killers have parents, I am sure they keep in touch and love their kids. Rapist have families, I'm sure they get visits in jail. Prisons are filled with murderers, kidnappers, people who do bad things everyday, I am sure wives and mothers and fathers and children visit those men and women. People abuse drugs and rob their own families for the money to support their habit, they hold interventions and try and get them help.

    I'm not saying the parents have to believe what they did was right, or make excuses for them, but they shouldn't stop loving their kid.
    wow.....just wow. Going by what you say, we should never go to war because "Terrorists have family too"

    And what's wrong with drugs? Not that I do them, but the whole "war on drugs" thing is so bogus. Someone messes up their life because of drugs? They get a darwin award. No sense spending thousands in tax money to support losers.

  3. #18
    NY10's Avatar
    NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    wow.....just wow. Going by what you say, we should never go to war because "Terrorists have family too"

    And what's wrong with drugs? Not that I do them, but the whole "war on drugs" thing is so bogus. Someone messes up their life because of drugs? They get a darwin award. No sense spending thousands in tax money to support losers.
    I don't know what's wrong with you but this will probably be the last time reply I waste on this post. Comparing a drunk girl who hit someone with her car and terrorists doesn't seem to be equal. My point that you seem to miss, trying to pick people like Hitler and extremists, is that people make mistakes some bigger than others and as a parent who loves our children will stand behind them, it is very easy to not agree with what they have done and it is normal to have great disappointment and anger but I don't know any mother or father (especially loving good ones) who turn their back on their child because of a mistake they have made, or a horrible choice to become an evil person (being you like to bring people like Hitler into the mix). A parent has unconditional love, you should look up what that means maybe.
    gorillagirl likes this.

  4. #19
    Azureth is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    900
    Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I already stated that it was for much more serious things. But the reason I brought up Hitler and the like is because I was curious just how far one is willing to go. I don't think you have kids either.

    Not to mention, if she gets lots of jail time if others see this it may help to get them to think twice. It's a pretty big case and hopefully at least someone may think again. She KILLED someone because she chose to drink and drive, far as I'm concerned she may have to shot him herself, because her vehicle IS considered a deadly weapon after all. The fact people are defending this...is just...amazing. She needs to be locked up and serve as an example to others.

    Not to mention, had it been your father that had been killed instead of this other families I'm sure you'd be singing a much different tune.

  5. #20
    MissMuffins's Avatar
    MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    At least you're not one of those soccer moms that will run out into the middle of a sports field and argue with the ref just because little johnny had an unfair call.
    I'm not a soccer mom. I know a lot of people will beg to differ with me, but I don't believe in organized/competitive sports, including competitive dance, for children under age 12. They aren't ready for it, physically or psychologically. I think children need physical activity, and all children need structured and unstructured play time. Everyone needs to move their body for an hour a day, and children need to make up their own games, play cooperative games and participate in activities which promote gross & fine motor skills. What they don't need are reps and laps and 3 hour practices or stopwatches and riding the bench. Kids don't need to undergo stress fractures from gymnastics and ballet, or "Tommy John" surgery from baseball, before age 12. The don't need to feel like they're fat, or failures, or have all the hang-ups that go with playing ball or not playing ball anymore, just because some dumb grown-up has stood on the sidelines and "reamed them a new one" for two hours every day since they were toddlers or in elementary school.

    I think a lot of the "activities" kids participate in amount to parents living vicariously.

    While I don't condone driving under the influence, I think you need to be aware that what you know and don't know about the events you reference when you open the thread come from the media. The media does not exist to inform. The media exists for a-s-s-e-s and eyeballs: your a-s-s in a seat, with your eyes on their ads. They will skew any story, any way, just to increase their market share, decrease the likelihood of changing the station, and command higher prices from their advertisers.

    MM
    soul likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

  6. #21
    degausser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    The case is here: ‘Party Princess’ Karlie Tomica Faces DUI Manslaughter Charge - ABC News even the comments agree with me as do the majority of the people.
    I didn't see what her parents actually said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    It was NOT an accident! An accident implies you messed up on something that was out of your control. Her case is different. She is 20, she should know what the consequences of drinking and driving are (believe me I found that out). It wasn't an "accident" she decided to use a fake ID to drink underage. It is not an "accident" she, while drinking, decided to drive. It is not an "accident" that after she hit and killed the man a pedestrian saw it and told her to stop but she kept going all the way back to her apartment. She had parts of his brain in her hair!!!!

    My point is this whole thing was COMPLETELY avoidable (just as mine was)! I highly doubt you'd like your husband to be killed due to some dumb underage drunk kid. ]
    No, an accident is something that happens unintentionally. She chose to drink and drive, but she didn't set out to kill anyone. She didn't say, "Tonight I'm going to get super drunk and drive around until I hit a pedestrian." She didn't look at the guy and say, "I intend to run him over." It was an accident. An accident doesn't mean you weren't at fault; it means your actions had unintended results. And yes, she chose to leave the scene. She made bad decisions and did a horrible thing, and she'll do jail time for it, as she should.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Well it's quite a big difference between DRINKING AND DRIVING and some 5 year old running out in the middle of the street. They aren't even comparable. Her family didn't need to turn their backs, but they can quit with the whole "Our daughter is an innocent angel that just made one bad mistake (which it isn't)". Please.
    What is the difference? At what point is the act unforgivable? And yes, it was a mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Then what would you say to kids who have parents that disown them for whatever reason? It happens.
    Not all parents love their children, let alone unconditionally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    I'm curious if you'd be willing to say all of what you wrote to the dead mans wife and three kids.

    This is why we have so much violence in America because of bleeding hearts.
    I see nothing offensive about my opinion, so sure.

    I don't understand your comment about bleeding hearts. I don't know how this qualifies as "bleeding heart". I don't understand how that ties in to violence, and I don't understand what that has to do with this conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post

    Not to mention, if she gets lots of jail time if others see this it may help to get them to think twice. It's a pretty big case and hopefully at least someone may think again. She KILLED someone because she chose to drink and drive, far as I'm concerned she may have to shot him herself, because her vehicle IS considered a deadly weapon after all. The fact people are defending this...is just...amazing. She needs to be locked up and serve as an example to others.
    Jail time has yet to be a deterrent for people about much of anything. I think you're grossly misinterpreting what people are saying. I haven't defended her actions, and I haven't seen anyone else defend them.

  7. #22
    AmandaAlice's Avatar
    AmandaAlice is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuffins View Post
    I'm not a soccer mom. I know a lot of people will beg to differ with me, but I don't believe in organized/competitive sports, including competitive dance, for children under age 12. They aren't ready for it, physically or psychologically. I think children need physical activity, and all children need structured and unstructured play time. Everyone needs to move their body for an hour a day, and children need to make up their own games, play cooperative games and participate in activities which promote gross & fine motor skills. What they don't need are reps and laps and 3 hour practices or stopwatches and riding the bench. Kids don't need to undergo stress fractures from gymnastics and ballet, or "Tommy John" surgery from baseball, before age 12. The don't need to feel like they're fat, or failures, or have all the hang-ups that go with playing ball or not playing ball anymore, just because some dumb grown-up has stood on the sidelines and "reamed them a new one" for two hours every day since they were toddlers or in elementary school.

    I think a lot of the "activities" kids participate in amount to parents living vicariously.

    While I don't condone driving under the influence, I think you need to be aware that what you know and don't know about the events you reference when you open the thread come from the media. The media does not exist to inform. The media exists for a-s-s-e-s and eyeballs: your a-s-s in a seat, with your eyes on their ads. They will skew any story, any way, just to increase their market share, decrease the likelihood of changing the station, and command higher prices from their advertisers.

    MM


    Ok, off topic, but I have to agree about kids and sports. When I was in 1st and 2nd grade I played softball, had a real nice lady coach who gave everyone a chance to play, and made it fun. 3rd grade came around, and I got a different team, with a coach who was more worried about winning and going to tournaments and championships, etc. He'd make us run laps around the park, dunno exact size, but you can fit probably 3, maybe 4 football fields in this park, we'd have to run laps around it before and after practice, and if we lost the game, it was laps and a major scolding too. Miss a catch or strike out, get yelled at some more, and called out in front of the whole team as a bad example. Needless to say, that was my last year playing softball. I mean, for crying out loud, we were 9 year olds!

    On this topic, I really cannot add anything to the convo. Yea, she should go to jail! I did a week when I drove drunk, and I didn't have an accident or hurt anyone, so I'm sure she'll be doing a good chunk of time for her stupid actions that led to this tragedy.
    Azureth likes this.

  8. #23
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    Well, I'm not a very religious person but I would compare parental love to the love that, I believe, God has towards humankind. Love the sinner....hate the sin. It's as
    simple....and as complicated as that.

    And until one is a parent, they will never know the depths of love, or forgiveness, that a parent feels towards their child.
    Faith, gorillagirl, soul and 1 others like this.

  9. #24
    gorillagirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    So then what about parents that disown their own children? Sorry, but I don't believe for one second Hitler, Stalin, or Pol Pots parents would still love them unconditionally if they had still been alive when their children were screwing up.

    Comparing the planets most vile mass murderers to some fkdup teenager who drank and drove is absurd. If I were Hitler's mom (feel free to substitute for Idi Amin, Pol Pot, etc), I would have killed 'em myself (with love) to spare humanity.
    Angel, soul and NY10 like this.

  10. #25
    Azureth is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    Comparing the planets most vile mass murderers to some fkdup teenager who drank and drove is absurd. If I were Hitler's mom (feel free to substitute for Idi Amin, Pol Pot, etc), I would have killed 'em myself (with love) to spare humanity.
    I wasn't comparing directly. But since we got on the topic of parents who stand by no matter what I brought up Hitler and the like to see just how far people would be willing to go. Also, she didn't just drink and drive, she killed a husband and father of three why do people keep acting like it's no big deal? Sure it's not the exact same circumstances, but how is what she did not any less tragic then what any of the other buffoons did?

    Kids keep doing stuff like this because they have parents that will quite literally let them get away with murder!

  11. #26
    fiorinda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post

    How you are brought up is a part of it, but even though this opinion may not be popular, the truth is I think there are many people that are just born evil; regardless of what great loving parenting they have or how well they were brought up. I believe that, for the most, part a bad person is just a bad person no matter their circumstances growing up. There's just something about their core being that makes them out-and-out bad. Sorry, but I don't believe having the aforementioned being raised by great loving people wouldn't make them any less evil.

    Seriously, give me a time machine and I'll kill all those SOBs the second they are born! I'd love to drown baby hitler and stalin
    I didn't say that it was a correct judgement made by society (that if your kid screws up then it's because you screwed up), I said it was a judgement. I personally DON'T think anyone is born evil. I think everyone who does 'evil' things justifies it somehow to themselves, that what they are doing is not actually evil, but necessary. I think there are so many and such complicated reasons why people do things that are considered evil. In the particular case you brought to the table, this is not even relevant. This girl made a stupid, drunken decision and tragedy ensued. You yourself made a stupid drunken decision of exactly the same magnitude (as a resultant tragedy is an extremely likely outcome of drunk driving) but you were lucky that there was no tragedy. LUCKY. Luck is the only difference in the outcome of her drunk driving and yours. I don't own a car these days, but when I did, I never, ever had even a single alcoholic drink when I was driving.

    I think though that you do enjoy stirring this forum up and provoking argument and that's why you posted this topic in the first place. I'm not offering an opinion on that, just saying.
    gorillagirl likes this.

  12. #27
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    When I was nine-years-old, a drunk driver killed my mother. I definitely wouldn't blame his parents, nor would I be surprised or dismayed if they stood by him after.
    Angel, gorillagirl and soul like this.

  13. #28
    gorillagirl Guest
    sorry about your mom, Trish. that's so sad.
    Angel likes this.

  14. #29
    soul is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    509
    I'm feeling a bit lazy today to can't be arsed to read everyones reply, so if I'm repeating then humble apologies from me (not used to all this hot weather, I feel like I've been fried, In fact if you can smell bacon across the net, its probably me burning! ).

    Anyway I digress. Azureth, Until you have a child of your own, it's almost impossible to describe to you how it works, because it's not born out of logic or rationale, but just the very purest, raw, unconditional love from parent to child.
    gorillagirl likes this.

  15. #30
    soul is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    509
    Oh and.....

    Azureth, There is a wealth of difference from intent and something that is a tragic accident/. You got caught drink driving too, the very same could of happened to you, only you got lucky didn't you. If you had caused an accident, even though you wouldn't have intended to hurt anyone, and that you're a god fearing Christian, who normally behaves impeccably. By your stance that you are showing now, Your dad and everyone around you, including your girlfriend, should just disown you. In fact if they were decent peeps they'd drive you to the cop shop themselves. Forget about the 28 years your dad has known and loved you, he should just auto switch those feelings off?

    By the way you're talking like you believe in an eye for eye ? that's not very Christian if you don't mind me saying. What about all this forgiveness that you're supposed to do?
    gorillagirl likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •