AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Parents that defend their kids no matter what.

gorillagirl Guest
    azureth- you're outnumbered. the voices of reason have spoken. now stop arguing this ridiculousness. you will not find anyone here to agree with you.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiorinda View Post
    I think though that you do enjoy stirring this forum up and provoking argument and that's why you posted this topic in the first place. I'm not offering an opinion on that, just saying.
    Good call!

Welcome to Ageless! Have you met the doll-like guy who has jewel eyes, a big belly button and a tuft of fake-fur DayGlo hair?
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

gorillagirl Guest
    "Have you met the doll-like guy who has jewel eyes, a big belly button and a tuft of fake-fur DayGlo hair?"

ROFLMFAO!!!

Really, Azureth, go play with your GF and leave this topic alone for now. You can't win.

Azureth is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soul View Post
    Oh and.....

Azureth, There is a wealth of difference from intent and something that is a tragic accident/. You got caught drink driving too, the very same could of happened to you, only you got lucky didn't you. If you had caused an accident, even though you wouldn't have intended to hurt anyone, and that you're a god fearing Christian, who normally behaves impeccably. By your stance that you are showing now, Your dad and everyone around you, including your girlfriend, should just disown you. In fact if they were decent peeps they'd drive you to the cop shop themselves. Forget about the 28 years your dad has known and loved you, he should just auto switch those feelings off?

By the way you're talking like you believe in an eye for eye ? that's not very Christian if you don't mind me saying. What about all this forgiveness that you're supposed to do?
    Well I am an eye for an eye for the most part. And I am not Christian but Atheist. As for my dad and everyone disowning me? Well, had I killed someone due to my stupidity I wouldn't blame them one bit. I also asked my girl what her thoughts on it were and she agreed with me for the most part. Of course your kids will do stupid stuff, but some stuff is immensely worse than others. Call me a bit of a misanthrope if you wish.
    Last edited by Azureth; 07-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    azureth- you're outnumbered. the voices of reason have spoken. now stop arguing this ridiculousness. you will not find anyone here to agree with you.
    Maybe not here but check this out: ‘Party Princess’ Karlie Tomica Faces DUI Manslaughter Charge - ABC News

And read the comments. They pretty much say how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    When I was nine-years-old, a drunk driver killed my mother. I definitely wouldn't blame his parents, nor would I be surprised or dismayed if they stood by him after.
    Sorry about that, had I been you I would've given whoever did that a very nice verbal beat-down.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gorillagirl View Post
    sorry about your mom, Trish. that's so sad.
    Thank you, GG. We both know the pain of losing our mothers.
    gorillagirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Sorry about that, had I been you I would've given whoever did that a very nice verbal beat-down.
    That wouldn't have changed a thing, and in 1962 the laws and penalties were quite different than they are now....unfortunately.
    gorillagirl likes this.

Thank you, GG. We both know the pain of losing our mothers.
    I lost my mother back in '03. I understand that.

That wouldn't have changed a thing, and in 1962 the laws and penalties were quite different than they are now....unfortunately.
    Maybe not, but since I can't legally beat him up a nice tirade of expletives at the person would still make me feel better. Unlike so many kids parents today if something like that happened to me I'd make sure that the person who did it know they were a rotten piece of ****. You better believe the person would feel the wrath of my anger, even if it was just verbally.

BTW trish what did the guy get and how old was he? Did his parents defend him? Some dumb punk kid that probably was a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Maybe not, but since I can't legally beat him up a nice tirade of expletives at the person would still make me feel better. Unlike so many kids parents today if something like that happened to me I'd make sure that the person who did it was a rotten piece of ****. You better believe the person would feel the wrath of my anger, even if it was just verbally.

BTW trish what did the guy get and how old was he? Some dumb punk kid that probably won't ever do anything in his life no doubt.
    He was a young man. I don't know what his age was. I don't know if he had insurance but my father was left with basically nothing and three young daughters to raise. I was nine and
    my sisters were six and three. I think he may have been charged with involuntary manslaughter. I don't know anything more because the adults in the family did not discuss it in front
    of my sisters and me. In fact, we weren't even taken to my mother's funeral. People did things very differently, fifty years ago, than they do now.
    gorillagirl likes this.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Azureth, what exactly are you refering to?
    If my son killed someone while DUI I would hire the best lawyer there is, to get him out. I would also hire the best counsellor to help him deal with this mistake.
    I mean, do you expect parents to cheer for the prosecution?

Your child does not stop being your child, just because he made a bad choice.

I believe that if parents discipline their child as it's fit, and they raised a good kid, you can forgive them when they screw up by mistake.

Anyways...
    gorillagirl likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Azureth, what exactly are you refering to?
    If my son killed someone while DUI I would hire the best lawyer there is, to get him out. I would also hire the best counsellor to help him deal with this mistake.
    I mean, do you expect parents to cheer for the prosecution?

Your child does not stop being your child, just because he made a bad choice.

I believe that if parents discipline their child as it's fit, and they raised a good kid, you can forgive them when they screw up by mistake.

Anyways...
    Are you serious? The only way people learn and understand consequences is if they have to deal with them. By bailing him out you're just saying that he doesn't have to be held accountable for his actions. First few days in jail is tough and even scary but if you have half a brain it will wake you up to the consequences just as I did.

Want to know why there are so many sissy guys nowadays? Because they have parents that will always bail them out. In the past a child would grow up, leave his parents and they were fully responsible for their actions. You want your child to learn from their wrongdoing? Then do nothing! Let them sort it out, after all whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Also, what do you think of this: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...ears-in-prison

Wow, that's so horrible her getting 25 years for trying to kill her baby. I guess her parents still should love her even though she tried to kill their grandchild. And 25 years? What good is that? They should release her immediately and go into some counseling, obviously she just made a tiny mistake so why should she be punished or have her parents not completely support her?

Oh, and here's another one: http://azdailysun.com/news/local/cri...c6a0ac30d.html

I mean, 340 years? That's crazy! The judge should know all this guy needs is some counseling and some "unconditional parental love" to set him straight.
    Last edited by Azureth; 07-14-2013 at 04:36 PM.

fiorinda Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuffins View Post
    Good call!

Welcome to Ageless! Have you met the doll-like guy who has jewel eyes, a big belly button and a tuft of fake-fur DayGlo hair?
    The what now?

Well, I'll agree with you, Azureth, that a person should face the consequences of their actions. If one of my children committed a crime, I would also want them to have the best legal
    representation possible. I'd want them to have counseling, if necessary. However, if they were guilty of the crime, I would also want them to face the criminal justice
    system and the penalties that the law would compel them to serve. I'd also be there to support them. I might be sad, disappointed, and feeling guilty myself, for possibly failing
    in raising them. But, I wouldn't stop loving them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast