AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking?

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerBob View Post
    After three days I remember thinking, "If it's this easy to not smoke for 3 days, then why not not smoke at all". And I didn't after that. It's been 8 years.
    A lot of people have told me the same thing.... it's called "the 3-day hump." If you go cold turkey and get over the 3-day hump without smoking a single cigarette, then you've got it made.

Google it.
    SummerBob and Mebel like this.
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

Faith is offline Some assembly required
    "Leave the gun...take the cannoli."

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for this Faith, I printed it out and will read it anytime I feel the crutch.

My amazing wonderful guy actually booked a vacation for us next week (apparently he did it a year ago and just surprised me with the info over the weekend) we leave Friday morning and will be gone for a week so right there should be my perfect chance to stop and never start again. I never smoke while on vacation so instead of coming home and starting again I will just enjoy every second of my trip (be so distracted and occupied I won't even feel the urge) and never start again.

It's amazing how things work out and he had no idea I was even planning on stopping but this trip is coming at the perfect time
    theREALTrish, Faith, Mebel and 1 others like this.

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    Very happy to report thank to being on an amazing vacation today marks 1 week of no smoking. I had my last cigarette a week ago and I have NOT had 1 yearning for one. Maybe it's cause I'm away and have been busy but I see that I do not need them. The true test will be when I get home Saturday and see if the old feeling comes back but making it 1 week has been amazing so far.
    Faith, theREALTrish and Mebel like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12