AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: When was the last time you updated your look?

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    Except for a super-cute pair of new Bass shoes I got dirt cheap on ebay, as of today the new wardrobe has arrived. I now find myself looking forward to, rather than dreading, getting ready for work.

I went through most of my wardrobe over the course of the past two weekends, and it feels like I went shopping all over again. I have about two paper grocery bags set aside to donate; while I'd hoped for twice that much, I did throw away some things that I hadn't anticipated tossing. In two weeks, I'll look at all the stuff I was wishy-washy about keeping and probably break up with it, too.

MM
    Faith and Redhead like this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    I really like this topic. I have had long hair since I am 18, and I am happy with that. I was forced to cut my hair short when I was living at home. The only change I do to my hair are shades of red, and sometimes the hair stylist curls them for a day (no perm).
    For about 5 years I used to wear clothing that is cut in irregular forms (the pullover longer on one side than on the other) and generally very wide stuff. At present I am moving more towards the attitude that I have a waistline and that I want to show it - so I sometimes wear classical stuff. But I also bought multiple items from Gudrun SjÚden - a Swedish designer. I mainly like it that she practically uses no polyester and that she uses recycling material.
    A lot of the irregularly cut stuff had up to 40 per cent of polyester, so I got rid of that.
    MissMuffins likes this.

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    I am really enjoying my "new" look. It's interesting to me how such things are catching...several other ladies in the office, who always looked nice and are kind of the ones who inspired me, are now doing a little extra, too. It adds some fun to going to work, just to see what everyone is wearing that day.

It just feels like I'm having a lot more fun.

While I did purchase a lot of new clothing recently, *most* of the clothes I have, I've had for several years. When I choose my outfit for that day, I may wear a new skirt but the blouse and cardigan are two or three years old. Everyone comments how I "always" look so nice...which does me good, but sometimes makes me wonder about the person's memory.

I need to be more attentive to my make-up. Without it, I really look tired and washed-out. Although I favor a natural palette and light touch, just that little bit of color makes a lot of difference.

I'm also having a lot of fun with jewelry. (omg, maybe too much fun!) Thank God for online outlet shopping and places like liquidation channel. If I buy sterling silver, when I get tired of it I can sell it for scrap...or hold on to it to trade for bread and political favors after the zombie apocalypse.

MM
    thatoneperson likes this.
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson

thatoneperson is offline Senior Member
    I love trying out new styles! Sometimes I purposely go into a store and try something out of my comfort-zone to see whether I'm missing out on anything

In this current weather, I am mostly a dress/leggings/boots, top/skirt/leggings/boots, or sweater/pants/shoes girl. I can't really wear pants right now because of where my surgery scars are, so it's mostly been the leggings and dresses/skirts. I'm not complaining, though I never like being too limited in dress c: Fortunately I'm in grad school, and with exceptions for conferences, I'm never really expected to dress a certain way.
    Azureth and MissMuffins like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12