AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: being myself?

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyloki View Post
    Most of you on here know me by now.
    I'm 25 and my hubby is 62. We have a 6 year old daughter together.
    I have a hard time being myself.

My husband made good money during his working years and is now disabled. I don't have to work. I still plan on going to school for hair dressing. A lot of people see me as a gold digger. I try to give off the image that I don't care about material things because I don't want people thinking of me like that.

Truth be told I don't like wasting money. My wedding ring is a stainless steel band I got off ebay for $15. But I do like clothes. Most of my clothes are new but a lot are second hand from the Goodwill. I don't wear makeup or jewelry. I have a large collection of headscarves to match my different dresses. I spend about $50 to $100 on clothes every month.

I like nice clothes and shoes. I wish I could wear them without people judging me. Why do I feel the need to make people accept me? geez...
    Do not be so hard on yourself. This process of thinking too much about what other people think - I THINK is a process we all go through as we grow older and wiser. I can say for myself that I have my relapses once in a while but I basically stopped thinking about what other people think when I fully realized how much it hurts ME to bend over backwards to do what other people like me to do.

(Caps are meant to be bold letters. It is tideous for me to write on this laptop.)

Redhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuffins View Post
    In one way, I envy them their narrow-mindedness. Life is so much simpler when one allows another to do one's thinking for one, and when "this" is right and "that" is wrong with no middle ground. MM
    What a cool statement. You are so right.
    But, like you, I of course prefer to think for myself.

Before I had read all these statements I did not realize that serious marriage problemes were the issue here. In that case I can say from my own life experience that when I was in a marriage that .......how do I phrase it politically correct......did not do me good, I had the habit of focusing on the less important problems of mine so that I did not have to face my real issues of that marriage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12