AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Happy OW/YM Stories

tanoz is offline Neophyte
    I also believe that the soul is ageless so why should we limit our choice of mate by age just because our bodies don't remain "young"?
    WOW thats a quote and a half. Love it.

My relationship with my OW is only 7 months but i hope itll continue for months and years to come. All is well though

LaRomantica is offline Senior Member
    Glad you liked that thought . "Reframing" things often works pretty well for me when faced with a challenge.

With that said, I think people should try to match each other in maturity level, I don't believe things can work in any type of couple when one of the partners is significantly less mature than the other...

My best wishes to you and your SO!

Violette_Frost Guest

Going Strong 6 Years on Valentines Day!!!

HI you all!!!

Glad to see the website is up and running like a top once again!

I got a nice invite to come in and share my "happy" with everyone
    so here I am!

My Honey (who is 17 years younger than me) and I will celebrate our 6th
    wedding anniversary, Valentines Day 2010!

We are going strong despite my going into/through menopause which is a LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE...

He is my KISA (Knight In Shining Armor) ...and I couldnt have asked
    for more!

Without this website and all the wonderful people on it, sharing their most private lives and their trepidation at the idea of dating/falling in love/marrying a younger man, I might not have had the courage to take the jump of wild abandon into the arms of the most wonderful man in my reality.

And so....thank you....all of you.....and my Honey thanks you too!

God Bless To All

Violette/Judith

Married to the most wonderful man on Earth, and getting up the
    trail to the next waterfall.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LaRomantica is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for coming by and sharing! It's great to have one more happy story. How did you both meet?

Violette_Frost Guest

How we met....

We met at a Science Fiction Convention....actually we had known each other
    online at one of the SciFi communities. After the convention we continued our "friendship" but as time went by we both realized that is was "more".

On Thanksgiving night 2001 he declared his love for me and asked me for a
    "serious relationship". From there it was just incredible! This is a man who would call me in the morning to read his favorite novels to me (scifi of course) and spend the rest of the time on the phone telling me how much he
    loved me.

I moved out to Ohio from Oregon to be with him, with the understanding that we would move back to Oregon in one year. Everything worked out and here we are!

I hope our story will be an inspiration to others. God Bless!

kezune is offline Neophyte
    Been a while but I still lurk reading the new stories and update on others. Just wanted to say still going strong with my younger guy. We will be married 2 years in Oct and 5 years together. Best part is we will be having our second child in October. Our Son turned one in March. I am turning 41 this year so in December I convinced him we need to start trying for number 2 thought it would take a bit of time but 3 months later two pink lines.

I think that now being in my 40's it does freak me a bit saying my husband is 29 (or will be later this year). I will be happy when he finally gets his fanny to 30.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by kezune View Post
    Been a while but I still lurk reading the new stories and update on others. Just wanted to say still going strong with my younger guy. We will be married 2 years in Oct and 5 years together. Best part is we will be having our second child in October. Our Son turned one in March. I am turning 41 this year so in December I convinced him we need to start trying for number 2 thought it would take a bit of time but 3 months later two pink lines.

I think that now being in my 40's it does freak me a bit saying my husband is 29 (or will be later this year). I will be happy when he finally gets his fanny to 30.
    Congratulations on your babies!
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Bellydancer is offline Live your dreams!
    Quote Originally Posted by kezune View Post

Great to hear some happy happy news! Congratulations!
    Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right. Decide on what you think is right and stick to it.

- T.S. Eliot

bestofbothworld Guest
    Kristen.. what a great story.. so happy for you,. Can I ask how old you both are?

rosiecotton Guest
    Quick update from me... you may remember that I met Andrew playing World of Warcraft when he was 18 and I was 29, and he moved 650 miles to be with me.

We first met almost six years ago now and we are very happily married and looking forward to our third wedding anniversary

We are moving home to a lovely top floor apartment with views over the sea, and I am going to university in September to qualify as a social worker. I supported him when he first moved here, now he is going to do the same for me so I can realise my career dream.

Life is still good!

1love is offline Senior Member
    That's excellent news, Rosie! Thank you for the update.
    I've decided that the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party! ~Betsy Cañas Garmon

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bestofbothworld View Post
    Kristen.. what a great story.. so happy for you,. Can I ask how old you both are?
    I know this is an old post, but I just came across it...

I turn 44 tomorrow and he is 30. (I was born September 1967 and he was born December 1980.)

Still together and still ridiculously happy after 7 years!

notsure Guest
    Hi.
    I am in a relationship with a man 22 years my junior. We have been together for 18 months now, living together for just over 6 months.

I wasn't looking for anyone when we met. I was still in a broken relationship with a drug addict with whom I had been living with and had to leave. It was co-dependent, and tearing me up inside.

I moved out and met my current boyfriend at church. I had seen him there for the past 3 years and had talked to him only in passing and very briefly, I guessed him to be about the same age as my oldest son. I was right, he's 2 years older. We talked one day after church and I spilled my guts about my situation. He was sympathetic and asked if I wanted to go to a support group. I agreed figuring it couldn't hurt. That was it. We were together ever since.

I still get scared about the age difference, but can't imagine my life without him. I have my soul mate. My kids just love him. He really has an old soul for such a young man. He does have a daughter, and says he doesn't want any more children. I know this could change, but I'm sick of doomsdaying my future. One day at a time is working just fine right now. When I get scared I have to remind myself that any relationship can fail, and this one has been the best I've ever had.( been married 3 times ). Hope the fourth is a charm. We do talk about it and we always see the futrure together.

I know the universe works in mysterious ways. It puts people in my life for a reason and not always in the package I was expecting. I am thankful every day for this beautiful man both inside and out. He loves me and I love him. What more can two people wish for!

richpam1963 is offline Neophyte

Marriage expectations & happiness

Hi everyone -

I've been reading posts as a guest for some time. I'm 48, and since my divorce four years ago, I've only dated VYM. My girlfriend, who is about my age, does the same (we do this together).

I'm struck by the general expectation that marriage is the definition of a successful, happy OW/YM relationship. I was married for a long time and have a wonderful daughter, but at about the time of my divorce, I found myself attracted to much younger men. I was able to spend time around them through my daughter, and my first post-divorce boyfriend had just turned 18. He's wonderful and we were together for about a year - he's recently graduated college now.

Much of the reason I enjoy VYM is that marriage isn't in the cards, since I don't want to be married now. The VYM are at a transitional stage in life. Because of this, and not in spite of it, they're good boyfriends and my girlfriend and I are in a great position to contribute as relationship partners for them. We have more perspective and maturity than teenage girlfriends, and we're often older than their parents and yet not in such a judgmental role.

Nothing wrong with marriage, and I totally respect the women who have gone down that path, but it's a lot to expect of a VYM - it's something of a distortion rather than a natural event. These relationships are serious and sincere but also have a natural ending point and that leaves everyone free to move on.

We have certain ground rules (which differ markedly from the ones recommended on this website).

I've searched this website in vain for someone whose experiences are like ours. Is we're-getting-married the only accepted way to relate to a VYM? Are OW who have multiple boyfriends a taboo topic here?

Mebel is offline OWYM AG 29 yrs
    and richpam1963!
    About 'marriage' expectations on AL, well I have never felt that way here.
    I post because i wanted to learn from other women and enjoy reading other story's.
    I call my love relationship with Kevin so precious and wonderful and the best connection I have felt with a man! Amazingly easy and natural is the way we relate, for yrs now. All is still a miracle for me! But 'me as seen in marriage' never a seriously thought or serious request . Although we both love our happy celebrations!
    Last edited by Mebel; 01-02-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: pfff

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast