AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 151
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Happy OW/YM Stories

  1. #106
    Blue-Angel75's Avatar
    Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    254

    Thumbs up

    WOW!!! A bunch of great stories in this thread.


    Blue Angel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

    If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

  2. #107
    LaRomantica's Avatar
    LaRomantica is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    162
    Lol, that was my first thought too, I mean WTH???

  3. #108
    BAX
    BAX is offline Neophyte
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    "well, that'll show *me* huh?"

    doesn't seem like a lot of guys post here anyway... ...kind of a henhouse environment

    was trying to get a second opinion somewhere since my girlfriend is obviously biased and taken with the idea

    not the kind of question you can just ask anyone anywhere

    but we have women here posting about meeting muslim men they don't know in west africa, which i guess is par for the course? not judging that post, just saying it hardly seems any less odd than this situation I didn't really create

    *shrug* ok... ...Moving right along then... ...back to web searching about adult adoption.

    thanks!

  4. #109
    Blue-Angel75's Avatar
    Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    254

    Unhappy

    Hello Bax,

    I just want to be honest in regards to your first post on this site.
    You are entitled to do as you please in your area of the world.


    I just don't have words or comments that could come out about it really.
    A woman wants to be YOUR wife, and then also adopt you and be your mom????


    We may be in the 21rst century here, and our society has broaden up tremendeously, but your suggestive idea is UNHEARD OF.

    Your post will not be a pleasant dinner conversation at any table in the North America galaxy.---this is just my opinion however.



    Blue Angel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

    If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

  5. #110
    LaRomantica's Avatar
    LaRomantica is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by BAX View Post
    "well, that'll show *me* huh?"

    doesn't seem like a lot of guys post here anyway... ...kind of a henhouse environment

    was trying to get a second opinion somewhere since my girlfriend is obviously biased and taken with the idea

    not the kind of question you can just ask anyone anywhere

    but we have women here posting about meeting muslim men they don't know in west africa, which i guess is par for the course? not judging that post, just saying it hardly seems any less odd than this situation I didn't really create

    *shrug* ok... ...Moving right along then... ...back to web searching about adult adoption.

    thanks!
    I'm sorry you were offended by our troll comments, but most serious posters usually start out by going to the Introduction section first. Please try to understand that being your first post and of such an unusual nature, and because we've had people try to make fools of the members here before the suspicion was warranted.

    As for your question, I have to agree with BlueAngel, I can't think of any part of the civilized world where the situation you're speaking of would not be frowned upon. I also cannot imagine what your g/f's motivation is in wanting to adopt you, unless it has to do with an immigration situation that would become easier that way wherever she is, but here in the U.S.A. I'm pretty sure a spouse is in the same category as children, and in fact, probably a preferred status if the child(ren) is(are) over 18. If there is no compelling reason to warrant an adult adoption, my advice would be for you to refuse because WHY add more stigma or discomfort to a relationship that is still considered by many as "taboo"! But of course, it's totally up to the two of you how you want to live your life...

  6. #111
    soul is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by BAX View Post
    Hi everyone,

    My situation is happy, but I looked around this website and couldn't find a similar situation. Hope no one has asked this already.

    My girlfriend and I have been together almost two years. I am 19 and she is 43. We've known each other longer but were not boyfriend and girlfriend before, but she did tell me a bit earlier it was what she wanted later.

    We both would like to get married. Just for background, I come from a bit of a messed-up home and she has really helped me.

    But, she also wants to adopt me. She just thinks it would be cool - she wants to be my mom and my wife, both.

    I don't have a problem with it (since it's just a paper thing, she's not related to me of course). Apart from the age difference and this idea, our relationship is perfectly normal.

    Can we do that?

    The other thing is, we are trying to have a baby. This is one reason why she is with me (I mean, she loves me too but, just saying) - she is near the age where she might not be able to have another one and she felt with a teenage boyfriend her chances to conceive would be best, just for physical reasons.

    What would happen legally if we did have a baby and she were my mom and my wife both?

    Thanks
    B.

    Hi Bax,

    You say you had a messed up home, this would be a little of history repeating itself with your children, if you go ahead with your OW request.

    Having a child is a wonderful thing, but do you really want to have your child be your brother/sister in the eyes of the law? Don't you think when theyre older it will effect them? and send them the wrong messages. Yes 'technically' she won't be your mother, but in the eyes of the law she will be and in the eyes of the law your child will be your sibling.
    Speaking as a woman whose close to your OW age, your 19 you dont need adopting. I dont see anything cool about it, not because it's weird, or contraversial or w/e but because theres nothing to be gained except to satisfy some strange request from your OW. If neither of you have considered how this would effect your child ( if you have one) then I suggest you don't have one.


    Also I have to question your OW motives here, she's pushing to have a child with you because she's of a 'certain age' - rushing something perhaps you aren't ready for, which is a lifetime commitment. You're 19, do you really want to rush and have children? Arent you a little concerned of why the woman you're contemplating marrying wants to be your mother too? You might feel chilled and ok with the idea, but that's I think because you haven't considered the long term effects of her suggestion and neither has she by the sounds of it. If she has, then she's selfish, because no loving mother would put that stigma on their child willingly or the man she loves for that matter.

    Maybe what she's offering you as a future feels like something better than you've experienced in your home life, so can only be a good thing right? No, theres a whole big wide world out there you've not experienced yet , even if it didn't start out great, you can have a wonderful future. You love her, Ok... but don't let your desire to please her, ruin your own life choices.
    Mebel and Blue-Angel75 like this.

  7. #112
    Slow Worm's Avatar
    Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by BAX View Post
    But, she also wants to adopt me. She just thinks it would be cool - she wants to be my mom and my wife, both.
    What would happen legally if we did have a baby and she were my mom and my wife both?
    Legally, it is probably impossible. You do not state where you are but I suspect in most juristictions it is impossible for a person old enough to marry to be adopted, for a married couple to adopt as parent & child, or for an adoptive parent & child to marry.

    Certainly in the UK, where I am, it would be an impossibility. A person aged 18+ cannot be adopted anyway here, but even leaving that aside an adoptive parent cannot marry their adopted child and a married person cannot be adopted as a child at all (since by definition if they are married they are not a child).

    I would also be concerned at a persons reasons for wanting to such a thing, unless it was done purely as a novelty intended to shock.

    SW
    Angel likes this.

  8. #113
    degausser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by BAX View Post
    "well, that'll show *me* huh?"

    doesn't seem like a lot of guys post here anyway... ...kind of a henhouse environment

    was trying to get a second opinion somewhere since my girlfriend is obviously biased and taken with the idea

    not the kind of question you can just ask anyone anywhere

    but we have women here posting about meeting muslim men they don't know in west africa, which i guess is par for the course? not judging that post, just saying it hardly seems any less odd than this situation I didn't really create

    *shrug* ok... ...Moving right along then... ...back to web searching about adult adoption.

    thanks!


    I'm slightly concerned that I'm even posting about this, but here goes....I agree with Slow Worm that it is likely legally impossible. I don’t know where you live, but in the U.S. there are regulations about adult adoption, but they vary by state. In some, you can only legally adopt an adult who would otherwise be incapable of being their own guardian (due to being developmentally challenged or whatever the p/c term is these days, or something of that nature). In some states (like mine) you can adopt any adult who is NOT your spouse, or any blood relation. So you cannot adopt a sibling or cousin, or niece, nephew, etc. If you marry your lady friend first, she cannot adopt you. If she adopts you first, you cannot marry her.

    On to the more important issue, WHY does she want to adopt you? Explaining that she thought it would be “cool” makes me think that you have not given this any real thought. Why would she want to be your mom and your wife? I know a lot of people object to the word “normal”, because hey, who decides what’s “normal” anyway? But, I think this is a case where I will be permitted to say: that is not normal. Wanting a parent/child relationship with your spouse is something that should be heavily discussed with a therapist.

    You note that one of the reasons she wants to be with you is because she wants a baby, and that you come from a messed up environment that she “helped” you deal with. I am wondering if you are both just very confused, and getting your desire for a stable family environment all jumbled with a romantic love.

    If nothing else, please give serious thought about bringing a child into this world under these circumstances. If you didn’t have a good childhood, wouldn’t you want better for your own children? This is not better.

  9. #114
    BAX
    BAX is offline Neophyte
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Hi everyone, thanks for the good comments - this is better than resisting the temptation to reply "Completely obnoxious blogger is completely obnoxious" to the first response I seemed to get (which, disturbingly, got two likes).

    0) Sorry if I barged in without knowing the introduction protocol.

    1) No one's made any decisions here, so no worries.

    2) My partner is a good person and we're in a responsible, real relationship... ...no real need to justify that here... ...I don't think I've said anything that suggests that we shouldn't be doing what we're doing for reasons of personal irresponsibility. We both work for a living (I am learning a trade)... ...it's not quite right to cast doubt on personal responsibility here... ...it doesn't seem like other people here draw comments from this direction.

    3) Bear in mind that I came here, asking about her idea (this wasn't my idea). Maybe she is only having a joke or floating an off-the-wall idea but she says all we're really talking about are legal arrangements. When I think about it, it doesn't seem all that overwhelmingly weird. We are not blood-related of course. Why couldn't it be the way she wants it if the law does not prevent it... ...and why might it anyway?

  10. #115
    degausser is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    531
    You still haven't answered the "why". For instance, if my friend, who is older than me and not blood related, wanted to adopt me, I would say, "um, why?" What is the purpose?

    I don't know what "legal arrangements" you're talking about, but there's nothing that wouldn't be solved by marriage.

    Why doesn't it seem weird to you that a woman would want to be your mother and wife?

  11. #116
    Blue-Angel75's Avatar
    Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    254

    Lightbulb

    This thread had a real nice path...and now it has changed into a very different direction.

    Perhaps the comments with BAX and other relevant ones can be moved onto A DIFFERENT thread...allowing the super nice orignial objective to continue.


    Just my thought.

    Blue Angel
    Redhead likes this.
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

    If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

  12. #117
    CrazyLove's Avatar
    CrazyLove is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    85
    Just thought Id update on my wonderful husband and I's relationship

    We are doing great.

    I turned 50 in May, and he turned 30 in April. We have been married for 5.5 years now, together for almost 10.

    We attempted to have kids the old fashioned way when we first got married, but after several miscarriages we threw in the towel. Nearly three years ago we started the process of adoption through foster care. In March we met our kids They started transitional visits with us, and moved in with us in April.

    The kids are doing great. They have some behavioral issues, but we are working through them.

    My husband is the father I knew he'd be. Just incredible. I'm so proud to call him my husband!

    When we first started going out, he was having a hard time finding the ambition to work. It was a bit disconcerting. I was the primary (and sometimes only) breadwinner in the household. This went on for a long long time. He is now a partner in a business that is doing great! It allowed me to be a stay at home mom for the first five months of the kids being here. I knew he would eventually find himself, and be successful, and he is all that and more.

    Our families and friends treat us like we any other married couple. Honestly, this forum is probably the only place I remember we have a difference.

    Anyway, my point is, dont let an age difference ruin your chance at what could be your chance at love and happiness

    (thread back on topic!)

    Tam
    debralee, Azureth, Mebel and 1 others like this.

  13. #118
    Blue-Angel75's Avatar
    Blue-Angel75 is offline Blue Angel
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    254

    Thumbs up

    What an amazing story.

    You both stood by the hardest times, and roughest obstacles life threw at you.

    CONGRATULATIONS!!



    Blue Angel
    "Mimic what successful people are doing, copy it, practice it, costumize it so that it suits you, I promise you this: you will not fail!"
    "If you don't create an opportunity, you will never experience failure--therefore never really experience successes" Both by me!

    If you flirt with me, I may just flirt right back at ya!

  14. #119
    debralee's Avatar
    debralee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    150
    I am so thrilled for you, your husband and your children. It is an amazing success story!

  15. #120
    CrazyLove's Avatar
    CrazyLove is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    85
    Thank you both

    I read about many AGR relationships that just dont make it.

    I wanted others to know that even with a twenty year age difference, and some seemingly insurmountable obstacles, these relationships can definitely stand the test of time and flourish and thrive.

    Tam

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •