AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do YM's share anything in common that draws them to OW?

kindanice Guest
    wow. this thread is awesome. i am just reading it for the first time. i would like to add that my y/m was also VERY mature in his ways of thinking when we first met. much more mature than some o/m that i knew. he was very to the point in what he wanted out of life and has told me time and again that he always knew from a very young age what he wanted. he is a great provider and father as well as a wonderful husband. and that is what he always wanted to be. BTW, we will soon be married 13 years. YEEHAW! see... a/g's can work. altho our a/g is not huge. you would be surprised at how folks treated us in the beginning well, phooey on them. 13 years of blissful marriage says a lot.

whatamIdoing Guest
    I'm in a new relationship, and never dated a younger man before. He kisses me for hours. Last Friday night I said, in all of my life I have never been kissed like this. He said simply "I know"

dunyamelek is offline always wondering

Stern fathers, submissive mothers?

Since I'm sort of new to this site, it's the first time I'm reading this thread, too.

Today I realized that ALL the men in my life with whom I've had long term relationships have been younger than me -- and they ALL had unusually stern, older or macho fathers. Some were powerful authority figures (in one case, I know there was physical and mental abuse from the father).

Their mothers were ALL very sweet and submissive, i.e., homemakers, supportive, or very cooperative women who didn't want to rock the boat. This was a real eye opener for me! Maybe the YM's in my life were/are all attracted to some sort of emotional stability.

My YM's were/are all very intelligent and all went through some unusual difficulties. Sometimes these things make people grow up and mature faster.

To answer a question that the original poster asked, yeah, sometimes I have felt taken advantage of, financially speaking. It does come with the territory. YM's careers are usually not well developed, if there even IS one yet! Now I always remind myself that if I don't accept the fact that they have less money than me, I'm bound to resent it and shouldn't get involved. But I think there is a time limit to subsidizing them, if you know what I mean. The longest relationship I had was 9 years.

I don't think I'm in it for the money ... hehehehehe ... and I'm far from perfect!

nluvw19 Guest

Thumbs up Good stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Sdoah1972 View Post
    I agree with Goldie, I think that YM's who are serious and not just out for the sexual aspect of a OW/YM relationship have highly sophisticated minds. Not to say that other YM's or OM's aren't intelligent, but I've noticed a high correspondance of YM's involved with an OW to be highly intelligent and free thinkers. They are often involved in hobbies or careers that were once considered 'geeky' like computer engineers, but are now all the rage. I've also noticed that many are very well read and well educated. *shrugs* This is just what I've noticed.

I've also noticed that many YM's are involved in gaming, which could or could not be of importance, which is the case of Goldie's YM and my YM. For the most part they seem to be level headed and are not prone to following societal norms. They don't care if they're cool, popular or what anyone thinks of them. They've made decisions based on what they like and want and not what society tells them they should like or want.

*sighs and fans self* And that just makes them sooo hot!
    Thank you for keeping these threads so easily accessible. Old subjects for some are new for others like myself and greatly appreciated!

Go go AL.com

thesultanswoman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldieCat View Post
    The only thing I can say I've seen that tends to be common to SOLID YM (not the immature ones, who want to sample us like some kind of exotic dessert and only want sex) is that they are often very smart and have sophisticated minds, so they seek sophisticated partners. They are often too emotionally mature to want to put up with the manipulative games that are common among younger prospects.

I can say without any doubt that my man is NOT about needing mothering. He has a mother already, and is FAR maturer a partner than my ex-husband was, who was 11 years older than me.

.............. a YM may feel that only an older woman can be his EQUAL. I don't understand why that isn't people's first thought, rather than that he wants to be controlled or coddled.

Lots of YM should be admired for being able to handle someone with this much experience,
    Both Goldiecat and Sidoah sum it up perfectly. Younger Men (the mature ones) should gather kudos for realizing that they 'connect' with older women, because they are mature beyond their years.

My YM is definitely an old soul in a young body, and I recognized this from the very beginning. Despite the age difference (I am 22 years older than him), he is WAY more mature and level headed than me.

And yes, we have very similar interests, on many levels.

Great to hear that someone has read this thread and realised that she is not 'losing her mind' by being attracted to a younger man.

cuteguy37048 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kittylane View Post
    he knows where he stands with me, he knows i treasure this relationship and cherish him, i learned this from having little love in life. i learned to put importance on things that i used to shrug off in my younger days... i learned from my mistakes and he is smart enough to realize this and is grateful he is the one who reaping the benefits of my new found maturity.

maybe our younger men are attracted to our stability. plus, i put much importance on his needs and take that responsibility seriously as he does the same for me.
    THANK YOU, GOD! I needed to hear that I'm not alone in some of those thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdoah1972 View Post
    I've also noticed that many YM's are involved in gaming, which could or could not be of importance, which is the case of Goldie's YM and my YM. For the most part they seem to be level headed and are not prone to following societal norms. They don't care if they're cool, popular or what anyone thinks of them. They've made decisions based on what they like and want and not what society tells them they should like or want.

*sighs and fans self* And that just makes them sooo hot!
    *points to self* That's pretty much a description of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by littleowl View Post
    Does your YM have many or any older siblings?
    I have one older sister roughly 5 years apart from me. But she's just a grown up party girl. She's alright though. She can have me rollin sometimes

miu Guest
    My YM was initially drawn to me because of how logically and full of commonsense I seem to be blessed with. Then, we did have tons of common interests. Cars, dogs, science, music, zero desire for marriage and kids, just to name a few. I was unlike any woman he knew in real life. He likes the way I drive and I am not scared of the way he handles a car. He has a great mom, is the middle child and has two sisters. Our relationship is built on a foundation of friendship. We were best friends for about six months before becoming a couple and living together. It's been three good years together so far.

nluvw19 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whatamIdoing View Post
    I'm in a new relationship, and never dated a younger man before. He kisses me for hours. Last Friday night I said, in all of my life I have never been kissed like this. He said simply "I know"
    That took my breath away. Oh my! How I do love it.

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    that was interesting to see my words of three years ago, I was referring to my 7 year old grandson who is now 10 and I have two new grandkids!

It was sweet to see my words back then, God, I was on cloud nine! Today I feel like I love my husband more but my feet are a bit more on the ground and we have been through so much since.

At the end of the day, it really is about respecting each other, my husband told me today that he feels that we work because we put each others needs first.

I agree but really believe I have been devinely blessed and need to be grateful for this gift everyday, I put God first in why we are happy, even though I dont show my gratitude as much as I should. We are blessed and this has moved why beyond an age gap, I can honestly say, AGE is just a number.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123