AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Common OW/YM Age Gap Questions

Praecoquum Guest
    Some of the links aren't working. I'm referring to the "old as his mother" thread.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Praecoquum
    Some of the links aren't working. I'm referring to the "old as his mother" thread.
    It's possible that the original poster has since deleted their thread.

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    I started a new "Your old enough to be his mother" thread and posted a link!

Annastasia Guest

Thanks!!!

WoW!!! This is great!!! Now all the little jobs and errands I had planned to do today have fallen by the wayside!!!

Guess I'll be spending the entire day...and possibly into the evening reading all the info contained here!!!

SO COOL!!!!

THANKS!!!!

aemale05 Guest
    I can try to answer a few of those lol, lots of questions there...

Im 22, and the oldest woman that I have every been with in anyway is 53. I love all races of women, everyone is the same in my book..

Live-Learn-Get Luvvs.. My favorite quote.

sunneeone Guest

Hello...

I am new here...
    and would like to introduce myself...

I am a 36 year old single mother of two teenagers, 16 and 13...
    For the last year I have been dating a very close friend of mine who is 24...we have been great friends for quite some years....we are in the same circle of friends, enjoy the same types of things, but still bring a variety of new things to the table....
    I have been in love with him for quite some time...we are good together...
    balance eachother...we have fun, we laugh...we share...we both bring out the best in eachother...
    And right now we are in the prime of our relationship...I say that because it hasn't always been easy...
    When we started our relationship we asked friends and family around us, how they thought of it...they said..sure...great...
    and then they started with there comments...and the hardest part was what his family thought...because of course he is younger, and has not had the experience yet out of life....but anyway...
    it was very hard for him to get in the right mind set...the family would often interfere, and make it hard for him to get close to me...

several times they encouraged him to go off...in search, go be free and single anywhere he chose...
    trips out of town to other places...long beach...eureka...to name a few...
    but he came back each time....
    Now everyone is telling him he should go into the service....he could get a great job, learn a career... and all the perks that go with that...
    He is actually considering it....and although I support him, and the decisions that he makes...I don't have to like it, in fact I can hate the idea as much as I want...and I do...
    I don't want him to go...just as I wouldn't want anyone I cared about to go into the service...but the person you are in love with...
    But I would never say to him...please don't go...

after a while...it got easier...it is to a place now where we can go to functions together..and it not create a problem....

it has been great...that is why I say we are in the prime of our relationship...
    we have had a rocky start...with the family and friends...everything between he and I has been good, really good...

now don't get me wrong, there are still those that believe it won't work, or those that have a reason for everything...just as I am sure that you have all experienced at one point or another...

To me age is of no issue...
    Love is all that matters....

If you have any feedback, or questions...or would just like to introduce yourself it would be greatly appreciated....

It is nice to have found this site...hopefully I can get the support that I need, and often don't get from those closest to me...for they don't understand...here I am sure that I can find understanding as well as comfort and advice...and know that I am here to give the same...

Thank you..and I look forward to getting to know some people...

S.

I'm just bumping this thread so newer members know it is here!

Miyoshi Guest
    Just out of curiosity, I've come across some good links online. Is it appropriate to post those here, or should I start another thread?

I think they'd eventually get lost in the thread. But start a thread like "Online Age Gap Resource Links" and then I'll put a link to that post at the beginning of this thread for you!

Thanks!

Miyoshi Guest
    Coolness! Thanks!

I would just ask that the mods review the material I post, in case there is something that I miss that might be disparaging to AGRs or of questionable content. Being new to AGRs, I'm not sure how much of what I found was "old news" or proven later to be bogus.

SuperGirl is offline His "Old Lady" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydulais View Post
    I am 21 m and trying to date a 37 , she just sent me a message saying :
    Hi Thank you for your message. Actually I thought about the age gap we have and I feel its not right.... I hope we can remain as a good friends. I hope you understand how I feel....

How can I reply to this and win her round ?
    I really like her and respect her but the age is big issue ,
    I dont look 21 I look more like 31 ! Stress of work !

Any advice much appriciated
    Yes, she is just afraid. If you think that she is attracted to you just as much as you are to her....then keep on her. Take it from me. I was hesitant when I met my YM. He was 23 and I was 36 with three kids!!! **** am I ever glad that I sat my fears aside! We've been together for 5 years now and are happier than ever!!
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

SuperGirl is offline His "Old Lady" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sunneeone View Post
    I am new here...
    and would like to introduce myself...

I am a 36 year old single mother of two teenagers, 16 and 13...
    For the last year I have been dating a very close friend of mine who is 24...we have been great friends for quite some years....we are in the same circle of friends, enjoy the same types of things, but still bring a variety of new things to the table....
    I have been in love with him for quite some time...we are good together...
    balance eachother...we have fun, we laugh...we share...we both bring out the best in eachother...
    And right now we are in the prime of our relationship...I say that because it hasn't always been easy...
    When we started our relationship we asked friends and family around us, how they thought of it...they said..sure...great...
    and then they started with there comments...and the hardest part was what his family thought...because of course he is younger, and has not had the experience yet out of life....but anyway...
    it was very hard for him to get in the right mind set...the family would often interfere, and make it hard for him to get close to me...

several times they encouraged him to go off...in search, go be free and single anywhere he chose...
    trips out of town to other places...long beach...eureka...to name a few...
    but he came back each time....
    Now everyone is telling him he should go into the service....he could get a great job, learn a career... and all the perks that go with that...
    He is actually considering it....and although I support him, and the decisions that he makes...I don't have to like it, in fact I can hate the idea as much as I want...and I do...
    I don't want him to go...just as I wouldn't want anyone I cared about to go into the service...but the person you are in love with...
    But I would never say to him...please don't go...

after a while...it got easier...it is to a place now where we can go to functions together..and it not create a problem....

it has been great...that is why I say we are in the prime of our relationship...
    we have had a rocky start...with the family and friends...everything between he and I has been good, really good...

now don't get me wrong, there are still those that believe it won't work, or those that have a reason for everything...just as I am sure that you have all experienced at one point or another...

To me age is of no issue...
    Love is all that matters....

If you have any feedback, or questions...or would just like to introduce yourself it would be greatly appreciated....

It is nice to have found this site...hopefully I can get the support that I need, and often don't get from those closest to me...for they don't understand...here I am sure that I can find understanding as well as comfort and advice...and know that I am here to give the same...

Thank you..and I look forward to getting to know some people...

S.
    You are always going to have the "neh-sayers". Blehhhh to them. You have to do what makes you happy and to hell with the rest. Our types of relationships are generally hard in the beginning. So many questions come to mind with no real easy answers and THEN you have the people that are continually "talking" about you and your mate to boot!! It can be overwhelming to say the least!! BUT!!! Let me assure you......the nay-sayer's and the questions in your head will subside. Once people see that you and your mate are truly in love and are happy with the relationship, they shut their pie holes!
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

dancing flame Guest

Amazing..relationship still going strong

Four years ago I found this site and posted the following concern. Now I actually am 61, and nothing has changed between us. We bought a home together and we are happy all the time. My knees hurt on the stairs (with arthritis) - we'll build an addition- says he. My body changes even though I work out and so on it is still a much older design...he calls it 'custom styling" and tells me he loves my heart and soul..and every morning brings me coffee in bed and calls me a princess. Heaven! (Oh and his parents still love me) I'm glad this site is here for us to know we are not alone in our fears and that you helped me stay true to my heart and not my calendar!

Here is what I wrote 4 years ago.....
    Whew...okay...I am new to this and awed by my happiness..however I'm still holding a little something back. From me. I am 57 and he is 37. I am a so called "young looking" woman. I have a career..I have a son who is 17.
    I am recently by my own decision separated from a 17 year marriage to a nice man my own age. I am now deeply involved with a YM who loves me and who (and here I struggle for the right words) who is loving me with care and intensity and consideration and declarations physically, socially, and even with his open accepting parents...loving me with everything in his beautiful soul..and yet I still have reservations. Soon I will be older older. We age faster physically now. Yes I am deeply concerned with body and yes I am far less than lovely without my clothes but he says he doesn't care. He says he has never felt so much in love and so good.
    Together we have that "blue light". We don't argue..we have the same adventurist spiirit (we are avid motorcyclists) we are like "velcro" loving, affectionate and turned on all the time. He is wise, understanding and open. He showers me with kisses on the mornings we wake together. He calls morning and night when we are apart. We talk for hours and hold each other constantly when we are together. He cooks and cleans with me///fixes things and and I want only for his happiness. My god..even his mother loves me!
    So what is wrong? I just cannot believe this can be. I am mostly concerned with body image. At 57 I do sag. Tall and slender though I am...strong and bright..and adventurous...I need to understand..how can such a lovely young man be so much in love with me...and more important...can it last past the next few years? 60 looms in my future. 60...and yet he loves. And despite my reservations..so do I.
    Mystifying because I know my trepidation comes from conditioning. All our friends are open and accepting. I so don't want him to wake up one morning and say...Yikes..what am I doing her with this old lady?
    He calls me dancing flame...I know I burn.. I know I am different from many women my own age...but I know many things and so I seek here some reality checking. Is opening myslelf to the love of this sweet passionate person as risky as hurtling along the highway on my motorycle at great speed and for long distance the same?
    Rhetorical and metaphorical question...but fair too.
    What....am..I ...going..to..do..?
    18inches24years likes this.

Raymond is offline Banned
    More good encourage stories😀

Wanda is offline Neophyte
    This is really very informative thread for almost all the questions are here that usually comes to mind. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12