AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: You're old enough to be his MOTHER!!

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Well, actually my husband's mother is younger than me.
    Nobody has ever said that to me, but that is what I would answer.
    On the other hand, several people have asked me if my son is my husband.
    I do not want to think that it is because my 27 yr old son looks 58, but rather that I look 27.
    Magnolia, Inamorata and SummerBob like this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

Corsair is offline Member
    Never understood this line of thought. A woman my own age is old/young enough to be my sister/niece/cousin etc I've always responded by saying But you aren't my mother.
    Inamorata likes this.

Magnolia is offline Neophyte
    I personally think it is mean to throw that kind of statement. Nowadays people are more open about their mean-ness. I think they like to see how other do in awkward situations.

"Pretty Woman Wouldn't Get Made Today" --- Julia Roberts.

https://youtu.be/c_wzRtlPJ6U?t=1m37s

I agree with her. It is a sport.

Corsair is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I personally think it is mean to throw that kind of statement. Nowadays people are more open about their mean-ness. I think they like to see how other do in awkward situations.

"Pretty Woman Wouldn't Get Made Today" --- Julia Roberts.

https://youtu.be/c_wzRtlPJ6U?t=1m37s

I agree with her. It is a sport.
    I think it is said to try and shut down conversation and all possibilities. Easier to dismiss someone because of age than it is to chat with them and enjoy the conversation even if that is all it is. A lot of people too are pre-programmed to like and dislike certain things. Age gap relationships is one of them.
    Inamorata and SheLikesKitties like this.

john21wall is offline Neophyte
    I absolutely agree with you on the rich and powerful men....you wouldnt throw them a second glance if they walked past you on the street....actually I agree with you on all of your post lol...oh and the 70 year old woman and the 31 year old husband had to always tell people she was not his grandma...how awful for her..the cynical side of me wonders will he stay around when she becomes frail and in need of constant care....I hope so....however at the moment the are happy and good luck to them I say!..

melodioussoul is offline Neophyte
    I like older women. Always have. I guess it's just how I'm wired. I like younger girls sometimes but more likely to date older. That being said, if someone dares say my future lady is old enough to be my mother, I could simply respond with, "And I'm old enough to be her man." If you're both legal, age doesn't matter.
    Inamorata likes this.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    We all like what we like. The point is that others should accept that everyone is different and treat people as individuals instead of just assuming everyone should be attracted to the same thing based on their age and demographic.
    Magnolia likes this.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

LunaLove is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maesman View Post
    Mae was 61 the first time I saw her. 7 years later I got her attention. I saw my 22 year old wife off to work I called Mae now 68 and went to her house I was 30 we went straight to bed made love all morning. Mae was my mistress for 22 years. She never looked or dressed her age. Our 38 year difference ment nothing to us
    Sounds like love. Makes me shiver. wow.

Search4Some1 is offline Neophyte
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLove View Post
    Sounds like love. Makes me shiver. wow.
    There is this instant attraction you feel towards an older woman, you can sense it-its emotional, physical, spiritual, and yes, it makes you shiver. Looks like this is one of those kinds.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    Love is love. It's individual, and something between you and the other person. When you experience it you should follow your heart, not what other people think or say.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Happened to me yesterday for the first time in 25 years. A hotelier on Corfu mistook my wife for my mother, and was then most embarrassed when set right.

I refrained from pointing out that we are only 13 years apart in age and asking whether he had underestimated my age or overestimated hers.

SW
    whiterose likes this.

Slow Worm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Worm View Post
    Happened to me yesterday for the first time in 25 years. A hotelier on Corfu mistook my wife for my mother, and was then most embarrassed when set right.

I refrained from pointing out that we are only 13 years apart in age and asking whether he had underestimated my age or overestimated hers.

SW
    And again - a restaurateur in Kavos, Corfu.
    Peoples tend to underestimate our age gap everywhere else. Wonder why they overestimate and misinterpret it here in Greece?

SW

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910