AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: You're old enough to be his MOTHER!!

PinkCat is offline Animals are people too!
    "You're old enough to be his mother!"

"Really? Well, you are ugly enough to kiss my ***."

OH, I'M SO RUDE! If anyone said that to me though, I'd be pretty upset... since we only have a 10 year gap, and he definitely comes across as older than he is.

Lesson learned: do not attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

LRoss Guest
    Snappy comebacks are essential. Possibitities:

"Yes. And your point is???"

"I'm not, and thank goodness!"

Just a couple of ideas...

Chatterbox Guest
    I can think of some really crass ones having to do with what he can do with my various female parts like my _____ and my ______ and my ______ that he would NEVER do to his mother ... ....

Nope nope nope! Make up your own!!!

mnorman3 Guest
    My relationship is still relatively new (one month in) and I have yet to encounter this problem in public or with friends. We have been very public about our relationship from the start so there has been enough opportunities.

For one, I am 15 years older, so technically I'm NOT old enough to be his mother - because even though they do - I don't think 15 yo's should be having babies!

I have encountered this with my own Mother in our first discussion about him. I told her exactly what I said above. NO I could not have been his mother. I didn't start having my own children until I was 21. ;-)

kat7 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about best line, but here's the FUNNIEST thing that ever happened to me and my YM.....

We were staying at a bed and breakfast in Savannah over the weekend. When we were checking out, the young woman at the desk had been talking to my YM and I really wasn't paying attention because I was admiring something in the lobby.

Then she turned to me and asked, "Does he look like his father?"

Wondering why she would ask me that, and with, I'm sure, a mystified look on my face, I said, "I wouldn't know, I've never seen his father."

She looked so ODDLY at me, and at that point my YM grabbed my arm and the last of our suitcases and marched me out the door. When we got outside, I said, "Why would she ask me that?"

He sheepishly said, "Because she asked me if you were my mother, and rather than having to go into any detail, I merely answered 'yes'."

I let out a scream and told him he HAD to go back in there and tell her the truth, lest she think we were complete and total perverts. After all, we'd been sleeping in a room with a king sized bed for two nights!

He refused, wisked me off to the car...and we sped away.

legallyblonde Guest

My reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin
    And other classics...

How would you answer that statement?

What other kind of stupid stuff do people say about your OW/YM AGR and what is a good comeback?

"Jealous, huh?"

Ali

Amina Guest
    Ok sorry, I am from the YW/OM perspective but I just have to join in...

I hate it when people see my husband and they say (and this has happened more than once)..."oh wow, he is really handsome...and...umm....very...ah...'mature' " then a few seconds later that is always followed by "how old is he?" God forgive me but I always have the urge to say "yea, he's mature all night long" or something of that nature...They make it seem like a 12 year age gap is 102 years!

last1standing is offline illegitimi noncarborundum
    Quote Originally Posted by Amina
    God forgive me but I always have the urge to say "yea, he's mature all night long" or something of that nature...

LOL!

You go, Amina!
    People who are sensible about love are incapable of it -- Douglas Yates

Harrison Guest

Exclamation Don't pull any punches....

Quote Originally Posted by last1standing
    LOL!

You go, Amina!

Honestly, that's the response those busybodies need, Stan.

I mean if they are shameless enough to make those tacky comments, you can't be shy in delivering those comebacks.

Fortunately I NEVER have to deal with such comments....

but if I was an OW I know what kind of replies I'd be giving.

Busybody: "My goodness, you're old enough to be his mother!"

OW: "Well, he's old enough to give me what I need."

LOL Then again, there are times when I go too far with foot-in-the-mouth syndrome.

LADave is offline Born 200 years too late
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Then again, there are times when I go too far with foot-in-the-mouth syndrome.
    Well, it takes large-caliber words to pierce a thick skull!
    "You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."--Anon

mnorman3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheila4pd
    People cannot imagine that I love him because he is intelligent, strong, funny, loving, they only think I am with him because he has stamina and he can go at it all night long. They have gone as far as telling me, what can you possibly have in common.

OMG, you just quoted my Mother word for word. But she also added that I couldn't possibly be intelligent or attractive enough to attract him on a long term basis and that he was only with me for my sexual experience.

special K is offline dedicated member :-)
    "Actually, I'm OLDER than his mother, and she (and his whole family) loves it that I am in J's life! "
    "What the caterpillar sees as the end of the world, the butterfly calls wings."

special K is offline dedicated member :-)
    Pink and Kat....I'm laughing uncontrollably right now at your posts...and Sheila, you and I have that "special" situation, don't we? Actually, it makes me smile to see people squirm after they've realized they were rude to ask or comment about our ages now. It used to make me mad or self conscious; now I finally get it that it's THEIR issue, not mine.
    "What the caterpillar sees as the end of the world, the butterfly calls wings."

wishful Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Amina
    God forgive me but I always have the urge to say "yea, he's mature all night long" or something of that nature...
    lol, I'm definitely going to be using this one.

I haven't had this happen yet although we've gotten some looks.

How about:

"Nope, thank goodness, a mother shouldn't have the thoughts that I have for him. Wanna' hear them?"

kindanice Guest
    Kat 7,
    Loved your story. That lady probably thought she really had "the juicy".

I have to agree with Sheila. Most ppl always react to our age gap as it's some intensely sexual relationship ~ well, it is ~. But my point is the same as Sheilas, they fail to understand that the attraction is spiritual and deep. They get ALL focused on the sex part. Weird............

We haven't had anyone say anything in quite sometime now. I think because he is getting older looking than he used to be. But we've been married for 13 years now. No one ever said I was old enough to be his mother though. We only have a 10 year gap.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast