AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: You're old enough to be his MOTHER!!

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    well guys on some fronts we need tough skin, i just read on AOL that the ow/ym relationship is the last tabboo relationship we deal with.

so gay's, lesbians, om/yw all have more social acceptance than us.

for most of us that is not a big news flash.

i have had this happen twice, the first time was early on and i was actually with his real mother, who incidently is 60, i died inside, she was lovely and i just went along with the comment and did not correct the person who said it.

the second time it was with a very sweet old man, who asked if i was his mother and i said no, i am his wife, he covered his mouth and said, i am sorry. i told him no bother, that it is true we have an age gap.

now i really dont need a snappy comeback because i dont care enought about the person who makes the comments.

i dont need to prove anything to anybody.

the fact is that when i met adam he was 21, i was 42. the funny thing is that he is getting older and does look different now its been over 5 years. the reality is that we are in agegap relationships. it is what it is.

i think the most normal thing to do is to act normal.

just correct the person and tell them that this person is your boyfriend or husband. correct them and dont make an excuse for it.

satya Guest
    I haven't had anyone say "he's old enough to be your mother". But he has had comments in front of me from sales people referring to me as his mum. The best was the day the lady in the hardware store almost fell off her ladder when he turned back around to me after her calling me mum and he grabbed my ***, put his arm around me and gave me a big kiss and we just walked off.

Harrison Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by satya
    ....The best was the day the lady in the hardware store almost fell off her ladder when he turned back around to me after her calling me mum and he grabbed my ***, put his arm around me and gave me a big kiss and we just walked off.
    LOL!! Fantastic story, Satya. I love it!!

bubbleee Guest
    Phil and I avoid public displays of affection for the most part. People always assume that I'm his mother if they assume anything. Sometimes, I'll say, "I'm not his mom." Othertimes, I just won't say anything because does it really matter what a stranger's concept of your relationship is?

Kitty, I don't think gays are more accepted than OW/YM, but that's my opinion. My daughter is gay, and I see the looks when she is out with me and Phil and her SO. But I live in the Midwest, and I think sex is taboo here, in all honestly

I remember back in the day when I was in my early 20's and people would see a black man and a white woman together in public. I lived in the north at the time. Invariably, an older woman would turn to me and say "I don't know about you, but I don't agree with that negro being with a white woman". And, I'd always say, "Well you know, I don't think it is your business what they do and I know it's not mine either." And if I could I'd go out of my way to smile and chat with the couple who was the brunt of the criticism.

I'm not going to waste my time or energy on a bunch of yahoos who are worried about if this older woman is "doing" this younger man. Discrimination is discrimation. It was then; it is now. Pfft on them.
    Last edited by bubbleee; 09-16-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Harrison Guest
    I love your style, Bubbleee.... Class-A all the way.

Although part of me wishes you and Phil would openly french-kiss at the mall once every few months.... just to get the blue-haired grannies and such all riled up and spitting out their dentures.... j/k

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    i agree bubblebee, it truly is not my mission to explain my relationship, but adam would be hurt if i did not return affection when we are out in public, really i focus on us and not others. there just comes a time that you dont care anymore about what others think.

i live in south florida, i would notice a lesbian couple but not have too many thoughts about it. i would think. "oh, they are lesbian". kinda like "oh, i really like that girls shoes" its noticable but it doesnt require a thought process.

i think for ow/ym couple though, we are still more of a "WOW, those two are together?" i dont think many people care as much as it is a more rare combination.

last1standing is offline illegitimi noncarborundum
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Honestly, that's the response those busybodies need, Stan.

I mean if they are shameless enough to make those tacky comments, you can't be shy in delivering those comebacks.
    Hey...my comment was 100% in support of Amina, and I agree completely that such "busybodies" deserve to be put in their place.
    People who are sensible about love are incapable of it -- Douglas Yates

Enamour Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirl
    "Actually, I was a virgin when he was born, and they don't call me Mary!"
    I absolutely love that one! I could use it too.

My vym thinks that if we were in a relationship (officially) his parents would kill him. Somehow I think they would kill me...

rosiecotton Guest
    Before we were officially "together", my OH's friend messaged him on MSN saying "you know that woman you're talking to is old enough to be your mother!".

I'm 11 years older than him so I think I would have been an obscenely early starter if that was the case!

Andrew simply said "I told him that you're not, but that I wouldn't care even if you were"

I've had some looks in the street, as Andrew does look young, but nobody else has ever referred to me as his mother - I think I'd be a bit stunned if they did! But I think some of the responses here and some of the stories are classics...

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    How about another classic:

"Oh! Does that make you Mrs. Robinson?"

How would you answer that completely unflattering comparision to "The Graduate" character?

Miranda Guest
    Inter-race relationships are _still_ tough out here in E. Asia. How many times have we been out and about, holding hands and looking generally coy, and sales attendants will squint down their noses, and ask, 'are you toGETHER?' like a cat was going out with a dog.

But then again, with a race difference I don't suppose I'll ever be accused of being his mother (even if I were old enough). His friends tell him he has a 'mother complex' sometimes by way of a joke, though, and my response is to call out 'OI, Oedipus! Get you butt over here!'

Chatterbox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin

How would you answer that completely unflattering comparision to "The Graduate" character?

You married a man older than yourself, does that make you Anna Nicole Smith?

Chatterbox Guest

Mrs. Robinson seduced a naive, younger man. My younger man seduced me and there's nothing naive about him.

or

Mrs. Robinson was a lonely, bitter woman who had sex with a younger man for whom she had absolutely no feelings to bring some excitement into her empty, monotonous life. Upon reconsideration, are you sure you want to ask me if I consider myself to be like her?

DaBollocks Guest

Talking

Pedro the "DANCING WONDER STUD!!" Oye Vato!! Livin' la vida loca!!

Rob Guest

"His surnames not Robinson"

Well, it would work if you were married!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast