AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: You're old enough to be his MOTHER!!

rabbit Guest

Yikes & More!!!

I have never gotten the "you're old enough to be his mother" thing, actually I've never had anyone comment to me personally about it.

However,

This summer when my twins (16yrs old) went back to our home town to visit their father I guess it was the talk of the town that I was involved with a YM. One of my sons was stopped on the street by an old aquaintance and asked if it was true. My son affirmed it for her and she went off on him about how I "was dreaming" if I thought this would work...to my sons credit he looked at her and said " Hooray for dreams" then told her to mind her own business. Other than that folks in the old home town were giving the thumbs up & high five to be passed along to me.

The oddest thing is that my twins often refer to Alex as their brother & their moms boy friend, to which we get some very funny looks. They think nothing of it as they think of Al as a brother ( they adore him & brag about him as their brother) and they accept our relationship, encourage it actually. It make for an odd but loving and happy home life.

So who care what anyone else thinks!

Rabbit

Chatterbox Guest
    Nice post, rabbit!

Chatterbox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin
    How about another classic:

"Oh! Does that make you Mrs. Robinson?"

How would you answer that completely unflattering comparision to "The Graduate" character?

No. But I'm curious, did you ask me that question to insult me or do you know so little about the movie that you thought I would think that question was funny?

Peachy is offline Lost in Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristin
    And other classics...

How would you answer that statement?

What other kind of stupid stuff do people say about your OW/YM AGR and what is a good comeback?
    No one has ever made that kind of statement to me, but if they did my answer would be:

"Honey, I am OLDER than his mother!"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW . . . What a ride!"

Chatterbox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy
    No one has ever made that kind of statement to me, but if they did my answer would be:

Love it, peachy!!! LOL

Don't you find that you feel better when you respond with a good-natured or a positive response?

Peachy is offline Lost in Love
    Rude is rude, whether it's asking these types of questions or a miriad of other things rude people say. To those people we should just respond with:

"Are you always this rude, or are you just having a bad day today?"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW . . . What a ride!"

Chatterbox Guest
    Rude is rude, whether it's asking these types of questions or a miriad of other things rude people say. To those people we should just respond with:

"Are you always this rude, or are you just having a bad day today?"
    Oh, okay. When I was in an agegap relationship, I always felt better when I responded with humor or statements about what was good about the relationship.

bubbleee Guest

That's a good retort, actually especially when you ARE older than their mother by quite a few years.

louisianagirl Guest
    [QUOTE=Enamour

My vym thinks that if we were in a relationship (officially) his parents would kill him. Somehow I think they would kill me...[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is my fear too. He's an only child and I think his mother would kill me - it's usually the mother isn't it? If she ever saw the photos we exchange and our emails, ims, etc. she would have a stroke!! We have a very intense and highly sexual relationship. We are very much in love, but somehow I don't think that is going to be appreciated by her. I think she will only see me as a sexual predator. Enamour, we have much in common.

badgerkat Guest

Regarding Mrs. Robinson

I'm not sure how to snatch a quotation from one post and put it into mine, so I'll just add this thought. If someone ever compares me to Mrs. Robinson, I'm planning on saying:

You can call me Mrs. Robinson, but only if you promise to write a song about me first.

Daniel Guest
    We've only gotten the mother/son comment once, but the waitress was so embarrassed when I said, "She's not my mother", that she spent the rest of the evening appologizing.

I had a coworker comment about my "mom's" picture on my desk. My response to him was, "Why would you ask me that? She doesn't even resemble me." Then he said, "I just thought that because she looks older than you." My answer was, "Yeah, the truly beautiful women usually are." He looked confused, but he never brought up the subject again.

cin Guest
    Thanks kittylane for your comments. I have just started in a relationship with a ym. He is great never been treated so well before by any man. I'm 41 and he's 19. We met at work, and became friends. But the friendship moved quickly into a relationship. Its' only been 2 months now but I can't see my life without him. We have not went public with our relationship yet, because I'm getting a divorce, and his dad is a preacher. He still lives with his parents because he's going to collegs rght now. I they found out right now the would kick him out of the house and he has no wear else to live right now. I hope I'm doing the right thing being with him. I know people will talk bad about us but who cares really. It is nice to find other people in the same kind of relationships to talk with.

cin

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    when i met adam and we ended up caring for each other, i asked God to remove it from my life if it were not His will. I told adam this also, the guy is a preachers son, i think God may figure in his life.

i prayed ALOT about this, first because i am a major big chicken and did not want to be in an unconventional relationship unless, i was willing the treat adam the way he deserved to be treated and to really do the right thing by him.

i deeply questioned myself and my motivation if i were being selfish to deny my husband children, we talked about this ALOT.

the lucky thing for me is that we were friends first, i thought it odd i befriended a guy my daughters age but i was having fun and he made me laugh so i enjoyed our friendship during the time of non romantic love, he told me that he wanted to find his soul mate but live a life that did not require kids, fact is he flat out told me he wanted a partner but did not feel the need to have kids.

i understand this now because his childhood was tough, he adores my grandkids to the point that he would do anything for them, they are enough for us.

many of us did not throw caution to the wind and go after a young guy, many of us really dissected our relationships and our motives and threaded lightly.

some soul searching never really hurts.
    karlsgirl likes this.

Belisama is offline I love being a redhead!
    LOL! It happened again!

We were out at a Walgreen's picking up some miscellaneous stuff and, when we got in line, Tim pushed the button on one of those annoying little mechanical musical Christmas thingies. The cashier said something like, "That's it! Now you owe me an hour of work!" Tim laughed and protested so I raised one eyebrow and said , "I'll give him plenty to do when he gets home" (innuendo intended). Evidently she was oblivious because she - LOUDLY - said, "OH, IS THIS YOUR MOM?"

::: insert scratching record here :::

We haven't had anybody make that mistake in a LONG time so we didn't handle it very gracefully. We should have done the bar scene from "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" but instead, Tim got a little mad and I didn't say anything but thought, "Hello, stupid! You've heard us both talk and he's got a BRITISH ACCENT." My daughter (the 16 year old) was great, though. She smiled and said, "Thanks. You've just made our trip here completely awkward. 'preciate it!"

*chuckle* Well. I'm sure there will be a next time someday, so we'll just be better prepared.
    Last edited by Belisama; 12-23-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Attractive31 Guest

Thumbs up

I have read this thread from 1rst to last post, and I have found it EXTREMELY helpful reading others OW reactions.

For the younings that see a well kept older woman by my side, and they feel intimidated, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!

Attractive31
    Last edited by Attractive31; 12-23-2006 at 03:23 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast