AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: You're old enough to be his MOTHER!!

Queen Beryl Guest
    There is a 21-year age gap between my YM and myself. I'm 44 and he's 23. We met online when he was 20. Not only is there an age difference, like so many of the relationships on this board, it's also LD and across the border. He's Canadian and I live in the northeastern U.S.

Last February, on one of my trips up to see him, we went browsing for a new leather coat for him. The salesguy at the leather store was about my YM's age. As my YM was trying on coats and modeling for me, the salesguy started asking questions about whether he lived with me, and commented on what a nice 'mother' I was, to look at coats with my son.

My YM and I looked at each other, startled, and a little embarrassed. It was the first time we'd encountered this kind of situation. A few more comments and questions, and the whole thing became clear: the salesguy was trying to pick up my YM. ^_^

We gently set the clerk straight, so to speak, and left him red-faced and apologizing.

ETA: The point is that, at the time, I was still a little uncomfortable myself, with the age gap. That little lack of confidence is what allowed the sales clerk's assumptions to bother me.

After another year of being with my sweet, thoughtful keeper of a YM, I don't give a flying ****** what anyone thinks of us.
    Last edited by Queen Beryl; 12-29-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: ETA

Belisama is offline I love being a redhead!

hahahahaha!

Okay, I've finally realized something; when I'm tired, I definitely look closer to my age

Tonight, we had another experience and it was a funny one! As most of you know, I'm in the process of launching my side business. Well, tomorrow is The Big Day and we are VERY excited. But, as it is with any new venture, there is a LOT of prep work that goes into preparing for that "ta-da" moment (not to mention that I haven't been able to quit my day job yet!) and to say that I'm exhausted would be an understatement.

I've spent the majority of this past week networking, networking, networking which includes hitting the pavement and getting the word out to everyone we can. In addition to designing the business cards and brochures for tomorrow, I hand-created invitations and delivered them to several businesses the other day. In order to maximize my time, I had my husband deliver a few as well.

Well, today, I stopped in on those businesses just to make sure they get the gist of what's going on tomorrow and to make sure that they'll be attending. One of these businesses was a hair salon. I walked in, saw my invitation on their desk and, after chatting briefly, I said something like, "I just wanted to make sure you all got the invitation that my husband brought in the other day."

The girl at the desk looked at me in utter confusion and said, "We-e-ll, we got this but... I don't think your husband..."

me, cutting her off: "Oh no. I assure you. My husband brought it; nobody else."

her: "Uh... but... hm."

me (giving her the knowing smile): "Yes, that was my husband."

There were stylists of every age there and they ALL gave me the "You go, girl!" face!

LOLOLOL!! I have finally found the perfect response. The knowing smile - why didn't I think of it sooner?

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy
    LOL, reminds me of one of Joe's remarks: "The older the berry, the sweeter the juice!"

Ha-ha! My fiance used that line once.

The one mine likes to say all the time is...

"Just because there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there's not a fire in the furnace!"

there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Harrison Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsHedgeHog
    Okay, I've finally realized something; when I'm tired, I definitely look closer to my age

Tonight, we had another experience and it was a funny one! As most of you know, I'm in the process of launching my side business. Well, tomorrow is The Big Day and we are VERY excited. But, as it is with any new venture, there is a LOT of prep work that goes into preparing for that "ta-da" moment (not to mention that I haven't been able to quit my day job yet!) and to say that I'm exhausted would be an understatement.

I've spent the majority of this past week networking, networking, networking which includes hitting the pavement and getting the word out to everyone we can. In addition to designing the business cards and brochures for tomorrow, I hand-created invitations and delivered them to several businesses the other day. In order to maximize my time, I had my husband deliver a few as well.

Well, today, I stopped in on those businesses just to make sure they get the gist of what's going on tomorrow and to make sure that they'll be attending. One of these businesses was a hair salon. I walked in, saw my invitation on their desk and, after chatting briefly, I said something like, "I just wanted to make sure you all got the invitation that my husband brought in the other day."

The girl at the desk looked at me in utter confusion and said, "We-e-ll, we got this but... I don't think your husband..."

me, cutting her off: "Oh no. I assure you. My husband brought it; nobody else."

her: "Uh... but... hm."

me (giving her the knowing smile): "Yes, that was my husband."

There were stylists of every age there and they ALL gave me the "You go, girl!" face!

LOLOLOL!! I have finally found the perfect response. The knowing smile - why didn't I think of it sooner?

Love it!! Great story!

Face069 Guest
    Well my comment actually came from his mother!!! She is a year older than me. There is a 14 year diff. in my age and his. So when she came with that comment I just politely responded no way cuz I could never imagine being a mother at 15 but thank you for doing it!!! And because looking old runs in their family she looks like she could be my mom to and he looks older too.

enjoyinglife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith View Post
    When I told one friend about our age gap, she said...

"You could be his mother!"

"But I'm not."

"But you COULD be!"

"But I'm NOT."

Ok, you get the picture... we hit that ball back and forth a couple more times and then dropped it.

So yeah, I definitely need to develop some snappier comebacks.

Yeah, I HATE when people say that. You're NOT his mother, so they shouldn't be trippin'!!!!

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    Adam said today a woman at the mall gave us a strange look today, I think I was hugging him or something. I had just made the comment that no one seems to notice anymore.

In time a person just gets over it, actually I really hit the jackpot with Adam.

I should be grateful for the rest of my entire life for this blessing.

He is home three months now. I love him so very much and couldnt have passed this up over an age issue, it would have been entirely stupid.

sassynurse Guest

Smile I got this too

When I told my friends about my YM, he was 18, I was 32, they said, "He can't even buy you a drink!"

My response, "I don't drink so it's not a problem!"

That shut them up. Eventually they saw the person and not the age. He's now my husband.

joelstrouble is offline Silence! I'll kill you!
    I haven't had anything said like that until last week when we went to the unimployment office. The lady that Joel had an appointment with wanted to know if we were related... I'm pretty sure she asked that because she felt that I was too old to be his wife.. and she looked a bit supprised when I said that I was...

Treisee Guest
    this thread is hilarious, reminds me of when I took my 15 year old daughter to get a piercing done, they told her she needed to go back home and get her mother to sign the form, my sweet daughter turned to me and said....but arent you my mother? the woman went beetroot red and was like OH!! I thought you were her sister now that made my DH crackup, he put his arms round me and said well at least she wont think your my mother then will she and kissed me noisily....poor woman

aemale05 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Cynful View Post
    Oh, yes, I've gotten that comment... my response is "Yep! And it's wonderful that he picked ME out!" No return comments yet!
    LOL thats great

Joann_Spehar Guest

Talking

Well in my particular relationship it might be kind of funny if someone said that to me being as I am as white as cream and he is black like coffee. Even though it could happen. (and just for fun I had to add this, if we did have kids we could open a Starbucks and name our kids after the various coffees and such, like Vanilla Mocha Frapachino! Or they could each be a different type of bean, Etc. Lol) even though he says he doesn’t want kids I hope he doesn’t change his mind later on down the road. Oh God if we had kids man that is a whole other thread…wow… I need to stop it is out of control. Anyway you get the idea. I think we get more looks because of the fact that we are black and white, but now that I really think about it….hmmmm. maybe they are wondering is that his mother? Wow this is an eye opener for me cause this is my first encounter with a younger man. A friend of mine made the comment to me that I was a cradle robber and that one really irks me to no end.
    Anyway, I did date and actually have a daughter by a black man years ago and she is the best thing that has happened to me. Now my life is getting better and I have met the man of my dreams, he is everything I am looking for. Him being younger doesn’t play a role in my heart. He has everything I need and want and how others perceive it doesn’t really matter to me, he is a human being and of legal age and loves me and that is all that matters to me. I am proud to be with him and want the world to know we are together romantically. If they want to make assumptions than so be it just leave us alone because I am not sleeping with you I am going home with my young, vivacious black beauty, and ya know what?…in the end the people always trying to judge others are actually the people that will always be miserable and alone. That to me is the saddest thing. I would much rather be with a young black stud that can give me everything I need than to be alone and miserable. “Don’t hate me cause you ain’t me”

MaxPower Guest
    pretty much any older women i would date r old enuff to be my mom as i am 18yo.....it would be like pretty hard for me to present an older lady 2 me folks...they would find it super odd...and if feel hella uncomfortable...maybe it will be different when im 21 or so

MaxPower Guest
    omg u gotta be kiddin..while ur at it...if some is born a min before me then shes "older" as well...im talkin about 30 and up...damnn im done with this forum

MerAlove23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    omg u gotta be kiddin..while ur at it...if some is born a min before me then shes "older" as well...im talkin about 30 and up...damnn im done with this forum
    Max... I think its just the way you presented it. If you mean 30 years or older sometimes its best just to say that... but Older is broad.. My husband is Older than I am by 17 years.

These relationships aren't for everyone simply because some people couldn't handle the gap.

Our site is to support those of us who choose to be in an age gap relationship. I believe it was just a misunderstanding .. thats all

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast