AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: You're old enough to be his MOTHER!!

Harrison Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozie View Post
    About a week ago I was talking with my son about a couple with whom my YM and I are friends and I mentioned that the woman was about 9 years older than her husband. My son is feeling very ****y lately and zinged my with an eye roll and "Oohhh...another cradle robber!" To which I replied "I wish someone had robbed a certain cradle 25 years ago!" It feels soo good when I can come back with the perfect comeback and perfect timing; to bad this skill is reserved for people I'm incredibly close to.
    That was smooth, Rozie! And actually it's often the "close ones" that slam us the hardest for OW/YM relationships, or do the most damage, so let 'em get summa that medicine.

Bella is offline Senior Member
    Shoot, I can't use that one, I was divorced with 3 kids when he was born, so I don't think my claim of being a virgin when he was born would fly.....

dancer_thru_time Guest

Positive Reactions

I just experienced a really nice set of reactions... he had to go into the hospital recently and I went with him- we were being all close and affectionate, because it was a difficult time for him and i wanted to comfort and reassure him. I listed myself as "friend" on the forms but also was listed as the person to tell medical info to... so they eventually asked "girlfriend, right?" and were very, very sweet and supportive, saying things like "it looks like you two have a wonderful relationship!" I think in part it is a nice change for them to see people who are happy, and in part i think they were trying extra hard to be supportive because they could see it was an agegap relationship. So nice of them!

(and, he is going to be ok, my healthy hot young man.)

patrick_faulk Guest

Your old enough to be his mother,
    "Well I hope his mother doesnt do the things I do to him"

line was really said.

hippiechick Guest
    when ppl tell me i am old enough to be his mother, which does happen sometimes. i usually respond with "yes i am old enough to be his mother woot woot lucky me"

however when we are out and i am mistaken for his mother, i find i usually am left speechless and i am not sure what to say. he is usually the one that pipes up and informs the party that i am definately not his mother. this is usually followed by some type of display of affection.

sarankan is offline Neophyte
    Actually, she OLDER than my mother. We faced lot of times same as this question. She has three grown up children and grand children also. Now I have good relationship with her children and grandchildren.

When I admitted her in hospital, a lady doctor asked with me, who is she? Your mother / grandma (Because her body completely damaged by a major operation). I couldn't tell correct answer with her on time. When I meet her next time, I said real with her. She was amazed and surprised.
    Another day one of my friend meets us. She asked with me same as above.

opal Guest
    We were standing in front of a theatre waiting for a cab, and the silent alarm inside went off. A campus cruiser showed up and the officer got out and asked to see our ID. He saw our ages and asked if I was his mother. All these witty and scathing remarks I had ready, and it's a cop, hmph.

dancer_thru_time Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Joann_Spehar View Post
    ...being as I am as white as cream and he is black like coffee.
    @Joann: w00t! yay for agegap AND interracial! Folks is folks, and it's the person that counts. I love my beautiful man.

Jacq Guest
    Anytime someone has said something like that to me so far, I've just grinned a Cheshire Cat grin and said, "I kkkknooowww....Aint it great?"

xhenli is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I said this already, but in a longer conversation I remind others that they are with someone who "could" be their brother (same age). It doesn't seem to bother you, so why would it bother me to be with someone the age of my son?

And as someone else here said, I think I can tell the difference between either my brother or my son and my man.

Stiletto is offline Senior Member

No I'm not...

Has not happened yet, as we are currently LDR.. (UK, Canada).. he is here TOMORROW for 9 days!! Our first meeting.

IF it does happen I hope I have the presence of mind to say, No I'm not, his mother is 58. (I'm 46 and look.. mid to late 30's.) I neither dress nor act "my age".. whatever that means.. kind of thinking it won't happen for the most part. We'll see.. already working on smart*** responses..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

gamer_guy Guest
    I'd ask them how old their SO is and then say "He/She is old enough to be your brother/sister!" to make them see how ridiculous that statement is.

gamer_guy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xhenli View Post
    Maybe I said this already, but in a longer conversation I remind others that they are with someone who "could" be their brother (same age). It doesn't seem to bother you, so why would it bother me to be with someone the age of my son?

And as someone else here said, I think I can tell the difference between either my brother or my son and my man.
    oh lol didn't see this post, ditto I guess

Stiletto is offline Senior Member
    I suppose there are always what I consider the standby responses.. either.. one eyebrow raised and I say "AND?"... or just laughter.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

smileymiley09 Guest

Talking

to date, i've never had anyone say that to me! when me and free are out together, we don't get any unusual stares or comments from people. i fondly remember one incident that happened when we went to a ticket center that was selling Universal Studios/Walt Disney World tickets for an inexpensive rate as long as we signed up for a 90 minute tour of timeshare property.

while she filled out a form, we were answering her questions when she then asked our ages. free told her his and when she asked me for mine, i said "i'm 44." then she asked, "is he your son?" i looked over at free, rubbed his arm and said, "no, he's my boyfriend." she seemed surprised and then said, "oh sorry." i smiled wryly and said, "oh don't be! i'm not!!"

it was highly inappropriate and totally unnecessary for that woman to ask that question. but, i can tell by the puzzled look on her face after i told her my age that her curiosity got the better of her (not to mention her lack of etiquette and tact) and she felt compelled to ask. had she not known my age, she wouldn't have ever asked that question. i took that incident as a compliment and am aware that if people don't know how old we are, they would never know that we have an age gap. as far as ignorant, rude people who ask these kinds of questions to older women when they're out with their man, they should be pitied. people only do as much as they know, and obviously people who behave like that aren't very intelligent or mature and are probably jealous of the OW.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast