AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great LDR Links

whiterose is offline Administrator

Great LDR Links

I mentioned in another thread a wonderful website regarding research done on LDR's. Well, the original URL to that site has changed, but I managed to find it. They had redesigned their site.

Here it is. It was a study on LDR's of American couples, but I think that the statistics could apply to any LDR, no matter how far:

THE CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS

Because this information is so valuable, I am going to stick this thread. Everyone can then add more posts to the thread with great links to info on LDRs as well.

Enjoy

red Guest
    Holy Cow, there is a Center that Studies this? Very cool.

starseemtoweep Guest

Cool

It's very intersting web site,thank u very much

ScarletHawke Guest
    Cool! Thanks for the link, Whiterose!

Summer Guest

Re: Great LDR Links

Enjoy [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, what a terriffic site. There are several books on there (of course they are not free) but there is some awesome suggestions in these books. Easy reading and very helpful information in it.

Here's another great link for Americans whose fiance/fiancee is planning on immigrating to the U.S. under either a fiance or spousal visa.

VISAJOURNEY.COM

Rob Guest

Re: Great LDR Links

Originally posted by whiterose
    I mentioned in another thread a wonderful website regarding research done on LDR's. Well, the original URL to that site has changed, but I managed to find it. They had redesigned their site.

Here it is. It was a study on LDR's of American couples, but I think that the statistics could apply to any LDR, no matter how far:

Because this information is so valuable, I am going to stick this thread. Everyone can then add more posts to the thread with great links to info on LDRs as well.

Enjoy
    I only just thought to look at this, but it is very interesting. And nice to know that me and my g/f were doing most of what they say we ought to do to make sure it 'works' too!

The bit about feeling a part of each others life I think was interesting. I remember once feeling like I wasn't for a while and that hurt. Luckily my g/f understood tha and we always make an effort to be a part of each others daily lives as much as possible.

Bob's babydoll is offline Love is patient...

Smile May I add a few more sites?

Hi all,

I'm currently reading a very helpful and informative book on LDR's titled Long Distance Relationships The Complete Guide by Dr. Gregory T Guldner. There is a page with a list of websites dedicated to LDR's:

longdistancecouples.com
    theromantic.com
    about.com LDR
    about.com_military_marriages
    etoile.com
    suite101.com
    Loving Your Long Distance Relationship
    wineberry.net
    ldrexpert.com

A lot of nice tips and suggestions on these websites.

Avia Guest
    I just ordered 2 copies of Dr. Guldner's book, one for me and one for my YM. It shipped today so I will hopefully have it by the end of the week. This is a terrific website, thanks for posting the link!

nbr2005 Guest

Thank you from Adam's Girl

Dear Whiterose,

Not only am I new to this website Agelesslove.com, but I'm also in a one month relationship with a younger man and it is a long distance relationship as well! I am 41 and he'll be 31 this October. A 10-year 6-month gap. According to what I've read online so far about OW/YM, this is "a significance age difference." What I've also read is "age difference doesn't matter." Adam and I first met online, as friends, at ChristianMingle.com. We were also prayer partners on the telephone. We are 374 miles apart. He in Southern California and I in Northern California. When we finally met face to face last month, it was at a Christian Concert in Monterey, CA. We hugged when we met for the first time and truly enjoyed ourselves at the concert. That night, he told me he was falling in love with me. I was caught a bit surprised! As the days went by, we continued to talk on the phone, e-mail each other, and I flew down to see him a week ago. That's when we talked about a lot of things, especially the age difference. We didn't talk much about LDR. I'm the one more worried about the age difference. He said, "What matters most, Norie, is your heart." About a LDR, now that is something he and I need to really sit down and talk about. The website you recommended was most helpful. A study about LDRs is more substantial than one's opinion about them. Thank you for your help.

Welcome to Agelesslove Norie! There are many of us in age gap, long-distance relationships. Some from various states within the US, some from other countries, and some between the US and other countries.

If you have qualms about the age difference, or even about the long-distance, you'll find lots of great people here who can offer you advice or support.

So, post away and you'll soon get to know other people here.

ChicagoGal Guest

I Love This Site

So much to read & learn.

Thank you White Rose for the link to information!

tulip Guest
    http://www.lovingyou.com/content/advice/ldr/

good site. they also have 2 ldr forums there

miu Guest
    I am very surprised not to find any cautionary LDR links posted in this thread. Google up "internet romance scams" for many links on the subject. But this must mean that no one yet on this site has fallen victim to an internet con artist... and yay to that!

inLove4eva Guest

Thumbs up they can work

i just wanted to say LDR's can work. I am an older woman, married to a younger man. Our relationship started out as an LDR and it was rocky at first. But with good, crystal clear communication (even talking when we didn't feel like it or being so honest it hurt) we made it thru.

so keep positive.
    Also, here is a good article with some nice points. Some we already know but it's good to be reminded.
    http://www.socyberty.com/Women/Long-...can-work.71031

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast