AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

View Poll Results: What do you think about having a Gamer's Forum?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm a gamer and would like a forum to get my geek on in!

    16 59.26%
  • Yes, I'm not a gamer but think a gaming forum would serve a purpose here!

    0 0%
  • No, I'm a gamer and do not think a forum is necessary!

    4 14.81%
  • No, I'm not a gamer and don't think a gaming forum would serve a purpose here!

    4 14.81%
  • It doesn't matter one way or another to me!

    5 18.52%
  • Stop trying to be like Harrison with this poll and option Angel! ;-)

    2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61

Thread: What do you think about a gamer's forum?

  1. #1
    Rozie Guest

    What do you think about a gamer's forum?

    I have, over the few years I've been here, noticed a lot of questions from people who met in a role playing game platform. IgN published a great article a few years back about the fastest growing demographic in RPGs/MMORPGs, and it was, surprize, middle aged women. The majority of women who play role playing games are now older (35+), the majority of men who play RPG's are 20-somethings. So is it any wonder that we have the number of relationships here that started in a game? Not so unlike falling in love with your tennis pro, except that we are the geek squad...lol.

    I think there is a unique stigma to these relationships, and at the same time, its the ability to fantacize and step outside of conventional boundaries that allows these relationships to flourish!

    I am wondering if people would be interested in a forum devoted to RPG'ers. Besides talking about our honeys, we could compare notes on what's going on with the different games we play. (They've pushed back the CSI game for Wii until January...we are bummed!)

    So Marcy, Angel, et al...What do you think?

  2. #2
    springwind Guest
    I even though being new would be for it, would be nice to trade notes and ect, since most of my time is spent "Ingame" or when i come on here

  3. #3
    marcy Guest
    I can tell you that I would love the idea Rozie. I recall that Angel also thought this was a great idea, but I'm sure she'll comment herself!

  4. #4
    rosiesue Guest

    wait for me

    I'm just starting Last Chaos....

  5. #5
    grumpysgirl Guest
    OH I think this would be a awesome idea!!! That is how I met kai and I know there are others on here as well...HUH marcy! ROFL

  6. #6
    pasquali Guest

    Thumbs up Regarding a gamer's forum

    Dear Rozie:

    Sign me up! I build and upgrade my PC for gaming performance. My favorite style of gaming is FPS, and I love F.E.A.R., DOOM III, Prey, Painkiller, and of course, the best gaming franchise of all: Half-Life II. You can invite me into a H-L2 map by searching and including me into your friends list on Steam as "freebar." I'd be happy to shoot your b**t online....

  7. #7
    jesique's Avatar
    jesique is offline 2 Legit 2 Quit
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,030
    Personally....I was against the split chit chats...and I'm against a gaming forum.

    Do we really need to be segregated even more than we already are?

    Are there gaming issues that can't be discussed in chit chat or relationship areas?

    LOL....if I were a gamer...I'd just hijack the TV/Movie area and use it for gaming threads! I think perhaps showing that a gaming area could sustain itself and that there is a need for it...would be more powerful than just asking for one.

    But that's just my two cents. Please take it for what it's worth.

    Nadine.

  8. #8
    Rozie Guest
    Just throwing it out there Nadine. The gaming stuff is definitely being talked about elsewhere. I also am not crazy about splitting the chit chat, but rather than seeing this as a forum that further splits the OW/YM from the YW/OM, I see it as a forum that would bring people of different age groups together.

    So often I read stuff here that simply dismisses relationships that start in online games, and while I agree that until these partners have actually met it RL, the relationship doesn't have the quality of RL love, these relationships are "something." Maybe a place where people could talk about this amongst people who have been there and really understand the mindset would be helpful. I see this as a forum much in the vein of the LDR forum. Maybe it should go under Support Network.

  9. #9
    cuteguy37048's Avatar
    cuteguy37048 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozie View Post
    I have, over the few years I've been here, noticed a lot of questions from people who met in a role playing game platform. IgN published a great article a few years back about the fastest growing demographic in RPGs/MMORPGs, and it was, surprize, middle aged women. The majority of women who play role playing games are now older (35+), the majority of men who play RPG's are 20-somethings. So is it any wonder that we have the number of relationships here that started in a game? Not so unlike falling in love with your tennis pro, except that we are the geek squad...lol.

    I think there is a unique stigma to these relationships, and at the same time, its the ability to fantacize and step outside of conventional boundaries that allows these relationships to flourish!

    I am wondering if people would be interested in a forum devoted to RPG'ers. Besides talking about our honeys, we could compare notes on what's going on with the different games we play. (They've pushed back the CSI game for Wii until January...we are bummed!)

    So Marcy, Angel, et al...What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by springwind View Post
    I even though being new would be for it, would be nice to trade notes and ect, since most of my time is spent "Ingame" or when i come on here
    Quote Originally Posted by marcy View Post
    I can tell you that I would love the idea Rozie. I recall that Angel also thought this was a great idea, but I'm sure she'll comment herself!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasquali View Post
    Dear Rozie:

    Sign me up! I build and upgrade my PC for gaming performance. My favorite style of gaming is FPS, and I love F.E.A.R., DOOM III, Prey, Painkiller, and of course, the best gaming franchise of all: Half-Life II. You can invite me into a H-L2 map by searching and including me into your friends list on Steam as "freebar." I'd be happy to shoot your b**t online....

    He he he..

    I currently Moderate and am a Root Administrator for a gaming forum. lemme know if you wanna do it I can get the domain with unlimited bandwidth and I can pull up the base-codes and redecorate it.

  10. #10
    grumpysgirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy37048 View Post
    He he he..

    I currently Moderate and am a Root Administrator for a gaming forum. lemme know if you wanna do it I can get the domain with unlimited bandwidth and I can pull up the base-codes and redecorate it.
    HERE YOU COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

    /hug
    /salute
    GAMERS FTW! ROFL LMAO WTH and so on hehe

  11. #11
    cuteguy37048's Avatar
    cuteguy37048 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,127
    lol

    I can tell you've been in a gaming forum for some time. Do you type 1337 by chance?

  12. #12
    grumpysgirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy37048 View Post
    lol

    I can tell you've been in a gaming forum for some time. Do you type 1337 by chance?
    ROFL yes...I been gamer 4/ever it seems! Everquest for years then son got me into WOW...MAN addictive!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    Angel's Avatar
    Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Platform 9
    Posts
    6,281
    I'm here! I'm here!!

    I know I have inquired a couple times for a forum specifically dedicated to Online / Gamer Relationships (since most gamer relationships begin online and then the couple meets IRL).

    But the only thread that pops to mind is this one though: LINK

    And Marcy, I thought about it and I think there are enough Online Relationships to have their own forum.

    Any moderators know if an Online Relationship style forum was ever considered? There are certain issues and experiences that we have a hard way of placing in a forum because sometimes it doesn't really fit under any other forum. Marcy is right, the closest we can come is LDR and sometimes it doesn't apply the same way (like gaming relationships).

    It would be a nice place to house those various ways we meet online (chatrooms, games, personals) while addressing the common issues that people find meeting people this way?
    I think there should be a forum dedicated to online relationships so you definitely have my vote!

    1 rul3 th3 l33t w0rld!
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

  14. #14
    cuteguy37048's Avatar
    cuteguy37048 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysgirl View Post
    ROFL yes...I been gamer 4/ever it seems! Everquest for years then son got me into WOW...MAN addictive!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I'm here! I'm here!!

    I know I have inquired a couple times for a forum specifically dedicated to Online / Gamer Relationships (since most gamer relationships begin online and then the couple meets IRL).

    But the only thread that pops to mind is this one though: LINK



    I think there should be a forum dedicated to online relationships so you definitely have my vote!

    1 rul3 th3 l33t w0rld!

    Yeah, somebody wanna set up a poll for this so we can see the numbers on this?

    Nice 1337 there Angel. I also use NATO Alpha Numeric Code sometimes. But for the most part people fail to understand what some of it means.

    Like today in fooseball my lil cousins were basically Alpha Mika Foxtrot when they decided to play me and should've decided to call it Code Uniform before it begain.

    I'll give you RPG money if you know what I was saying

  15. #15
    grumpysgirl Guest
    LOL angel I remember that thread!

    NINJA NOOB! lol love it!

    I remember writing something for a friend on how Kai and I met on WOW

    So I was standing in Ironforge heading to the AH(auction house)
    Trying to find a FMV (fair market value) On some new headgear
    When I saw this Lock gnome..I was ROFLMAO looking at him

    we talked did the A/s/l and w/e but this was not RL no way it was going to happen

    then one day on an Ony raid waiting to slay her we talked yadda yadda
    At first I thought he sent me a MT but nope...gnomes FTW
    Was a GG and let me tell you we are still together
    SO we would go AFK sometimes just to talk before the raids and
    be alone
    finally met F2F and been together for a while


    THING is she did not play games and had no clue WHAT i had said on some of it! LOL

    gamers only understand what I mean..the others who dont go HUH!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •