AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Sprucing up a place with....posters?

jessieh is offline Neophyte

Sprucing up a place with....posters?

So I've got a spare room that I'd like to turn into a sort of study/reading room (currently a junk room), so after clearing away everything and a bit of paint. I'm thinking to decorate with movie posters Old movies, new movies...I just thought it would be nice to have a dedicated room for cinema, as I'm a bit of a movie geek

Good idea/bad idea? Also, any good online store recommendations?

Thanx!

Jessie

xx

fiorinda is offline Senior Member
    It's a good idea if you like it, Jessie! Will you put your TV and DVD player (or however you play movies) in there? Sounds nice!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

NY10 is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea. On decorating everyone has different tastes in what they like and what they do in their own place. If movies are a passion for you than I say go for it.

I happen to like the idea because when people come over and look in the room they'll see the movie posters you have up and know your taste in cinema.

As far as buying movie posters I am sure you can find sites on google or look on eBay or amazon for good deals on some older classic movie posters.

jessieh is offline Neophyte
    Thanks for lovely comments everyone!! Bit of an 80's action woman, so I'm thinking some Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Terminator posters

Maybe from a smaller website like www.posterlounge.co.uk? I'm not sure, it's nice to not always use the mega corporations

Jessie

xx

MissMuffins is offline Senior Member
    How has your project come along?

I think a movie-poster theme would work very well for an in-home theatre, game room, bar area or personal space. The area could convey any "vibe" you wish, depending upon the posters you choose. To bring a polished look to it, frame the posters; framing can cost as little or as much as you like. The most important thing, when it's done, is that *you* like it.

MM
    "Our past is a story existing only in our minds. Look, analyze, understand, and forgive. Then, as quickly as possible, chuck it." ~ Marianne Williamson