AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Ageless "How To's"

Dan_Shues Guest

Ageless "How To's"

Hi all! Welcome to the Ageless Love Message boards!

While here, there will probably be some things you will have questions on, things you will want to know how to do. You might need to know where to go for some things, how to do some things…and well, hopefully, this post will help you!

Pretty much the place you will go to access a lot of the special features, is the User Control Panel. This can be found up near the top of the page. There is a button marked, “User CP”…you simply click on this and this will take you to your User Control Panel…

Many people at ageless have what is known as an Avatar. This is a little small picture that sits next to your post, right under your name. It represents you. It can be a picture of yourself, it can be a picture of something that is a symbol to you that represents you, it can be a humorous picture! Down in the Computer Tips and Tricks Forum, I have a post sticked on how to post an Avatar…

Just click Here: How to Post an Avatar

<b>Private Messages</b>

Private messages are messages that can be sent back and forth between two posters, for a more private discussion. You are allowed a total of around 70 Private Messages in your “PM Box.” If you go over that, you will no longer be able to send PM’s until you have cleaned out your PM Box.

To clean out a PM box, you have to clean out three areas. 1) The actual inbox. 2) The Sent Box 3) Message Tracking. All of these can be found on the right hand side under the drop down box labeled, “Jump to folder:” You will want to go into each section and delete PM’s that are listed. The message tracking can be a thing that people forget to do…and there is a way to keep messages from being tracked like that…

When you go to create a new PM…near the bottom of the created PM are a few check boxes. Uncheck “Save a Copy” and also “Request Read Receipt”

In the User Control Panel, there are different tabs that may be of interest to you. Here’s some of them….

<b>Edit Profile</b>

This is where you can edit your profile that people will see on the boards. You change your email. Add a Homepage address….contact info like IM handles/numbers. You can add a signature to your profile. This signature will show up below your post. Try not to make your signature too long…by making it too long you can cause the thread that you post in to be stretched out. You can also change your “Custom User Text” When you start posting, it starts out as a Neophyte and as you post more, changes to “Senior Member.” You can change this and create your own Custom Text above your user name on your posts.

<b>Edit Options</b>

This is where you can edit a variety of options that deal with how Ageless Love works for you. One thing you may want to turn off in this area is “Use 'Email Notification' by default?” If this option is turned on…what can happen is each time someone replies to a thread that you have replied to, you will receive an email notification telling you that someone replied. This can cause you to get A LOT of email and can become annoying.

If you’ve already replied to some threads and then choose to take off email notification, you may still receive some notifications from those earlier threads. What you need to do is go to the main page of the User CP…the first page you go to when you click on it. You should see a link that says, “View All Subscribed Threads”…click on that. On the next page…click on “Unsubscribe From All Thread”
    And that will take care of that problem….

Under the “Edit Options” tab is also where you can change your avatar near the bottom, as explained in the link earlier.

That really is a brief look into some of the “How To’s” that you may experience while you’re at ageless. If you have any questions feel free to come down to the Computer Tips/Tricks forum and ask them!

Computer Tips and Tricks Forum

Take Care and Enjoy!

kssssssss Guest

how do I put up a photo?

I asked but did not get an answer. Will somebody please tell me how to do it. I am a new member. I live in Los Angeles. I was on these boards a few years ago. I met a man, had a 13 month relationship, but it didn't work for me. I have dated younger men my whole life... I have enjoyed being single all this time but now I am back!

kssssssss Guest
    Thank you Dragonfly...

Queen Beryl Guest
    I'm having trouble with my sig. When I added my avatar, it showed up, but my sig seems to be MIA. Please help. Thanks!

EDIT: It showed up! Better late than never.

Never mind. ^_^
    Last edited by Queen Beryl; 04-26-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Irrelevant

Pretteangel Guest

Hoew Do I?

how do I start a new thread?

DodgeChargerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretteangel
    how do I start a new thread?
    I have the same question as when I clicked "start new topic", it will not let me.

Ulibka Guest

Verification email?

I didn't receive an email to activate my account. Maybe my SpamAssassin ate it, so I whitelisted agelesslove. Is there ar way to have the email resent, or do I have to create a new account?

goldengrl Guest

Me too...

I didn't receive one either. So I'm trying to see if I'm able to post here without it if so - good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulibka View Post
    I didn't receive an email to activate my account. Maybe my SpamAssassin ate it, so I whitelisted agelesslove. Is there ar way to have the email resent, or do I have to create a new account?

goldengrl Guest

OK now

I'm slow but I'll figure the site out eventually

Caully Guest

Ageless "How Tos"

Hello all, could anybody tell me how to put a video straight to a post from a website like youtube? thanks for any info.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Hi Caully,

On youtube, there are a string of characters at the end of the URL after the = sign. Copy just that part of the URL. Then, when creating your post here, you should see an icon above where you are writing that is for youtube. Click that and then paste the characters between the two sets of brackets.

I am putting spaces between the letters in the brackets to show you sort of what it looks like, but when you do this there are no spaces between the letters within the brackets:

[Y O U T U B E] paste the characters here that you copy from the end of the url[/ Y O U T U B E]

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Where is the UserCP? I think I am blind, I do not see it. How do I change the tag under my name? How do I edit my signature?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Where is the UserCP? I think I am blind, I do not see it. How do I change the tag under my name? How do I edit my signature?
    Click on Forum Actions at the top and then click on Edit Profile. There you will find the option to edit your signature. You will also find the option to edit your title there too which is what you think by the tag under your name, I think.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Thank you!
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

VenusDarkStar Guest

Title & Signature

OK, I appreciate all the helpful hints so far...I was clueless about how to edit my profile. So thanks for that.

I tried adding a signature a few times and it's telling me it's too large....but my font is only size 4, and I only have about 30 characters, including the spaces.

Also I can not find the link to edit my title (under the avatar) Funny, I was able to find all this stuff on my own last time I was here, but apparently some changes were made.

HELP!