AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ageless upgraded - concerns, requests, suggestions welcome!

Jody<3 is offline Registered member

Ageless upgraded - concerns, requests, suggestions welcome!

Tell me one thing you really like about Ageless, that keeps you coming by, and one thing you wish we could work on to make it even better!

Don't be too harsh!!!
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

special K is offline dedicated member :-)
    What I LOVE:
    The people here and the collective wisdom!!!!

What could be better:
    The amount of space allowed in those pm boxes for text!!! Drives me crazy
    to have to send 3-4 installments to someone just to fit all my thoughts in
    "What the caterpillar sees as the end of the world, the butterfly calls wings."

OMG..me too! Especially since I don't seem to be able to figure how many characters are too many until I have written some long detailed PM, and then have to figure out how to cut it up to fit into several.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

GoldDust Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by special K
    What I LOVE:
    The people here and the collective wisdom!!!!

What could be better:
    The amount of space allowed in those pm boxes for text!!! Drives me crazy
    to have to send 3-4 installments to someone just to fit all my thoughts in

I agree with special K - The people and the collective wisdom here are amazing! As helpful as my counsellor is, she hasn't had the experience of an age-gap relationship. As a result, the support and advice I receive here is invaluable to help me get over the breakup.

I also agree that the limited number of characters allowed in the pm boxes is annoying.

jesique is offline 2 Legit 2 Quit
    I love the people.

I wish there was a little more drama. I loves the drama!!!

Plus I don't like that I'm only allowed three 's in a post. More images allowed in a post would be great!!!

Nadine.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Nadine, honey, just wait around... there'll be more drama eventually. There always is.

I am still here because I care about the people and because I still gain a lot of insight about AGRs.

I agree about the PM space limitation, the smiley limitation AANNDDDD wish that we could talk Rob into changing the colors of the site. No offense, Rob, but it's time for a facelift.

What?!!??!! You don't like the baby blue and baby pink???

You know, after we have this thread up a while...I'll send some ideas to Rob and we'll talk.

More characters in PMs
    More smilies in posts
    More people participating on the yw/om side
    A facelift (still can't believe you aren't in love with the pink and blue Kat..cmon!) lol
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Lynn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Admin
    Tell me one thing you really like about Ageless, that keeps you coming by, and one thing you wish we could work on to make it even better!

Don't be too harsh!!!
    Well one thing I like about Ageless is knowing that the agegap couples here are good decent folk (even if only one of you visit).

Talking about visiting, I lurk more than post. But I'm around, just very very busy.

LADave is offline Born 200 years too late
    What I love about Ageless:

Feeling like I know a lot of the other regulars here, even though we haven't met IRL.

Meeting other members IRL. Last summer I met Dmjoy, Raven Magdalene, and Science Goddess. 2-3 years ago I met Hot Caramel (no longer here).

Learning from the often in-depth knowledge that members share, particularly in Discussion. For example, I've learned quite a bit about Islam from our wonderful Amina and Naznoor.

The banter and flirtation that goes on.

What I'd like to change:

Eliminate the restrictions on language (as distinct from the prohibition on personal attacks). Off-color language has its place, for use to humorous or emphatic effect. The "four-letter words" are to the language's full vocabulary what hot pepper is to food. Editing out coarse terms makes the language on the boards artificially "squeaky clean," IMHO. Also, the automatic screening leads to silly results. For example, there is nothing wrong with ****-a-doodle-doo (rooster call), ****-roach (icky bug), ****-tail (alcoholic mixed drink), or ****-er spaniel (small friendly dog). As a writer and speaker, I use vulgar terms sparingly, to particular ends. I avoid the "seven dirty words" and their relations as far as everyday use goes, but I like having them available in my linguistic toolbox.
    Last edited by LADave; 03-07-2007 at 04:12 AM.
    "You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love like it's never going to hurt."--Anon

joelstrouble is offline Silence! I'll kill you!
    Love:
    All the people that are here. Even though I haven't been here for a while, I feel that I'm always welcome back. I feel that I have gotten to know a lot of the people here well and I often think about people from Ageless when I'm not even at the computer and I always feel that I have to update Joel on whats going on with you all like you are irl friends.

Could Be Better
    I would love it if we could have more emos and that we could use more that 3 of them in a text. I always have to go in and edit myself for using too many and it is alsways difficult to find out which one to take out and which one to leave...
    I know that a lot of images can make the pages load slowly for some people but I do think that there is an option to turn Images off for the few people that might happen to

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Admin
    What?!!??!! You don't like the baby blue and baby pink???
    LOL... maybe it's just me, but after working in OB/GYN for 15 years, I saw ENOUGH pink and blue.

MerAlove23 Guest
    Wellll lets see

I love the people.. I love the support... I love what we stand for....I just love it here...

What could be better? IMO I agree with the characters in emails... I don't like that I'm limited with smileys...

jellybean400 Guest
    As someone else said, i like the collective wisdom, and the fact that so many people will really stop and think about someone's problem before posting their answer.

I like that people are so diverse, and from so many different places around the world. Other Forums i'm on dont have many people outside the US or Canada.

As for what i dont like...hmmmm...maybe i'll answer that another time...

But regarding something that ChiGrkGuy said, on another board i go on, every now and then an email goes out to all the members, reminding them that we exist lol. I dont know if its automatic or not...IF its not, i'm sure it would be tons of work for someone to do, but it always brings back lots of members.

kittylane is offline Senior Member
    I like the people, it became a big part of my life when Adam was gone the four years in the military, I posted so many big parts of my life and struggles.

Now, he is home, when I check my email, I like to stop by, I remember many lonely nights that hours would slip by because of being wrapped up in the posts, I owe a debt to ageless for being a circle of companionship when I was lonely at night.

Life is good, we both (Adam and I) get so wrapped up in getting on with life, sometimes, like this morning before he left for class, I have to remember how happy I really am and that for the first time in my life, I utterly love a man.

He is such a sweet soul, currently has three job interviews for law enforcement, imagine, I am going to be married to a cop.

Anyway, someone said that there is wisdom on ageless, I agree with this 100%.

waterfall Guest
    Wonderful, well-grounded advise, and the collective wealth of experience from the members here. I like that we're from so many different places. I like learning about everyone's corner of the world. (that said I suppose I should talk about philly on that other thread down there, lol)

What don't I like? I don't know!! Maybe a change of color to the background would be good. Can't think of anything else really.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast