AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important, -please Read!

ohiosweetheart Guest

Important, -please Read!

Ok the board was hacked tonight. I do not know how they got past the forum security scripts but they did, banned all of us, and closed the board.

I have a mess to clean up in the admin Control Panel, so I'll be in there for an hour or more.

PLEASE - everyone change your passwords, for security purposes.
    Thanks

Peggy

kat7 is offline Senior Member

Yikes!!

Sounds like a pissed off someone! Wow! Sorry for all the work involved for you OhioSweetHeart.

kat7 is offline Senior Member
    does this mean creepy people have access to our email addys now?

MisKryptonite Guest

a nightmare!

I am SO glad you said that... imagine my devistation when I tried to log on and it told me I was banned for no reason and would NEVER be allowed back! I almost cried

I got in by viewing a posted thread from my e-mail notification...once I read the answers to my post, I went to the thread and was able to log in.

By the way... I'm a CEH, Network Security Engineer...so if you need some security help, send me an e-mail, I'd be happy to lend a hand...and tell you what the CEH stands for

lencarol Guest
    I am not always such a good girl, so I was really wondering!!! Sent Jo an email, but guess she knew I would figure it out eventually. What a dastardly thing to do, SOBs....

Greeneyedlily Guest
    I was so upset today because I couldn't figure out what I did wrong, and I thought maybe someone hacked MY account and was posting spam or something! I too am concerned about the email addresses...

PinkCat is offline Animals are people too!
    I was so upset, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I sent the admins an email asking why I was banned -- sorry about the extra work, guys! I thought it was just me!

Lesson learned: do not attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Gypsyheart is offline searching for myself
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkCat View Post
    I was so upset, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I sent the admins an email asking why I was banned -- sorry about the extra work, guys! I thought it was just me!
    I DID TOO!! ...... I'm so glad we're back up now

*taps her forearm like an addict*

Great job admins!!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Mentally_21 Guest
    OK please disregard my emails asking what I had done wrong, I was so upset to find I had been banned and dind't know why so I wrote to the admin asking them to please tell me what I did to upset someone. I am so relieved to know it wasn't me...

yellowrose is offline Texas Gal
    I am back to having to go through my Private Messages in order to get into the site. It sure is a downer...

But AT LEAST I can get in. Like everyone else, I couldn't earlier today.

ohiosweetheart Guest
    I'm still workin' on it!

Jerry from Ohio Guest

please read

Wasn 't worried a bit because I knew that Ohio sweetheart would be on the job <g> and BTW she is correct change that password just foe a little cheap insurance <g>
    Thanks Peggy and best of luck to you for a quick yet effective fix .
    Jerry from Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by kat7 View Post
    Sounds like a pissed off someone! Wow! Sorry for all the work involved for you OhioSweetHeart.

Belisama is offline I love being a redhead!
    Sorry guys - I tried to send as many PMs and emails as I could (I dug around for email addresses for an hour!)

Ohio, if it helps at all (can you track who was online at what time?), the site went down between 4:44 and 4:45 pm.

I was in the middle of moving a post and I thought I'd broken ageless somehow!

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    Well, I definitely knew something was wrong when one of the mods contacted me letting me know she was banned, and then I went to fix it and I was banned!

Thank God for Ohiosweetheart who swooped in from the sky like superman.

Change your passwords people...Can't believe there are people that don't have anything better to do than to hack into sites like that.
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

ohiosweetheart Guest
    You're welcome, everyone.

HA some people make it their life's purpose to hack and destroy forums.
    You'd be surprised.

Anyway, like I said, let Jo or the mods know of any issues, so they can pm me a list, rather than one thing at a time.

Thanks!

PS, you can change your password in your User Control Panel, and I suggest that everyone do this, especially the staff members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast