AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: What do you think about a game playing forum?

Rozie Guest

What do you think about a game playing forum?

I have, over the few years I've been here, noticed a lot of questions from people who met in a role playing game platform. IgN published a great article a few years back about the fastest growing demographic in RPGs/MMORPGs, and it was, surprize, middle aged women. The majority of women who play role playing games are now older (35+), the majority of men who play RPG's are 20-somethings. So is it any wonder that we have the number of relationships here that started in a game? Not so unlike falling in love with your tennis pro, except that we are the geek squad...lol.

I think there is a unique stigma to these relationships, and at the same time, its the ability to fantacize and step outside of conventional boundaries that allows these relationships to flourish!

I am wondering if people would be interested in a forum devoted to RPG'ers. Besides talking about our honeys, we could compare notes on what's going on with the different games we play. (They've pushed back the CSI game for Wii until January...we are bummed!)

So Marcy, Angel, et al...What do you think?

cuteguy37048 is offline Senior Member
    There's a bunch of posts missing

Anywho, like I said, I'm for it. I also am presently a moderator and Root Administrator of a gaming forum.

If I have enough support, I can get a forum with unlimited bandwidth and I can go into the base-codes and redecorate. I'm also the son of 2 artists with 100 collective years of art experience when you add together how long they've been at it. So I can do some redecorating

btw, in my parents house, they have original paintings. They don't do prints, ever.

But I need some sleep. It's about 1 am and it's my birthday now

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    The request is being considered (see the poll I added to Rozie's thread).
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

nluvw19 Guest
    Be thar gremlins afoot!?

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by nluvw19 View Post
    Be thar gremlins afoot!?

Here's the link to the poll thread: What do you think about a gamer's forum?
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

pasquali Guest

Thumbs up Gaming forum

Dear Rozie and CuteGuy:

Count me in, as I upgrade my PC for gaming capabilities: Athlon 64 x2 +3500, 700 watt PSU / SLI, Asus A8N-32 SLI mobo, 1 GB fast Patriot DDR-DRAM, three drives (WD 500GB, Hitachi 250 GB x2), Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2Z Platinum soundcard and a PNY Geforce 8800 GTX graphics card, and running OS Win Home XP SP2. Hell yeah, I'd love a forum for gaming! But I'm into FPS like H-L2, Painkiller, Prey, Infernal, Call of Duty 2, etc. You can find me via Steam as: "freebar." Happy hunting!

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about actually having a game here or just a forum for people to discuss gaming?

cuteguy37048 is offline Senior Member
    A gaming forum.

However, I've I could get an open source version of Sim City (They have one actually) going online that would rock. Everybody could download it and play it for free (for free, not for trial only but for free )

I might want to look into an open sauce (A lil bit of 4chan lingo there for ya) Sims type of game and see if they have one.