AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Currently Active Users - Not

Chatterbox Guest

Currently Active Users - Not

When I we closed the window or switched to another website, my name used to be removed from the "Currently Active Users" but it stays there until I "log out" now - which I always forget to do. If this is a problem for others also, can it be fixed?

Lily42 Guest
    I have had that happen to me as well chatter.. it can be bad because people tihnk you are online and you are actually not...

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    I believe it does log you off after a certain amount of time of inactivity.

Chatterbox Guest
    I agree, Lily! It has happened to me - in both directions: - when I was happy to see someone was "here" but they weren't; and when someone PM'd me and was disappointed that I didn't respond.

Kristin, you might be right. I wonder how long a time it is?

Okay, experiment: I'm going to close this window now, 8:00 pm to see how long it takes for the site to let go of my cookie! (Let go of my cookie, dangit!)

Chatterbox Guest
    You're right, Kristin. It let go of my cookie after 20-25 minutes. It would be nice if it would let go of it when I closed or switched to another window the way it used to though.

Chatterbox Guest
    Well, if the programmer is going to look into it .... it holds the cookie which says that I'm/we're here, but doesn't hold the sign-in cookie.

Can you tell how computer literate I'm not!

VenusDarkStar Guest

Cookie

Well, I was all prepared to sign in, but I guess I forgot to sign out last time. Well, that was the 28th and here it is almost the 1st of January. EEEK!!! Gimme my cookie back! LOL

Kristin is offline Senior Member
    Try unchecking the "Remember me" box when you sign in. Then, when you close the window there won't be that cookie.

LOL @ Chatter: Let go my cookie