AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: what is the definition of VYM?

Serenity is offline OW[35] VYM[21] LDR

Question what is the definition of VYM?

I'm new here and don't yet know what this means. I assume the 'V' means 'very', but what defines 'very' in this case? Under a certain age, or certain amount of years in the gap?

Please advise? THANKS!

Sweetie28 is offline Mark's girl
    VYM means very young man. VYW means very young woman. There's a little debate to what range the man remains the young man, but I would say in the 18-25 age range. Usually they are just became adults, so you might see VVYM for men ages 18-21, which means very, very young man.

southrnboysgirl Guest
    it's about AGE not maturity lol

Strwbrries is offline Today me, Tomorrow you...
    18-25.

My husband will be 25 this coming year after that...he's just a man. lol

I tell him his experation date is coming and he always makes this face and goes oh no isnt that the age they all said my brain will click on, I will cheat on you with a younger woman, leave you and suddenly see you with grown up eyes and realize that you really are 13 years older than I am???

I just throw things at him because he gets really pissed when he reads that people consider him too stupid to know what he wants.

Oh and I usually respond with " yeah, and thats when i realize that you need higher life insurance. "

Ellethe is offline Ex-Marcy'd
    Yea my husband loves that stupid crap too. Dev's brain will be fully cooked next June... until then... its borrowed time!
    Psycho hatchet wielding midgets deserve to die

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by southrnboysgirl View Post
    it's about AGE not maturity lol
    No, it usually referenced both which is why the debate no longer happens. If a man under the age of 25 is capable of making decisions he is 'exceptional' like he rides a short bus in comparison to the rest of the under 25 men/women in the same category. It was a very sad thing to witness in the past and created a lot of unnecessary bad blood between people, sadly.

Serenity, the title VYM is debatable to many on the site. In general it is used to refer to males under the age of 25 (some say under 21) that usually have a lot of life changes occurring (college, first job, first relationship, etc). Feel free to use or not use the title at your own discretion. I use the title VYM as a way to let other women out there know that we exist (other couples like you & I) and to provide a bit of normalcy to those feeling insane.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Stiletto is offline Senior Member
    In general it is used to refer to males under the age of 25 (some say under 21) that usually have a lot of life changes occurring (college, first job, first relationship, etc). Feel free to use or not use the title at your own discretion. I use the title VYM as a way to let other women out there know that we exist (other couples like you & I) and to provide a bit of normalcy to those feeling insane.
    Have to say this might be somewhat dependant on location. My young man is in the UK, he is 24, but has done 2 yrs of college and has been working at one job for the past 5 yrs. I would not consider him a VYM by any means. He's much more mature than most 30 yr olds around here.. very grounded, knows exactly what he wants, is never careless.. I could go on and on.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

gorillagirl Guest
    I think it's all about maturity. Some 50 year olds are VYM.

SummerBob is offline Super Moderator
    I hear the "25" figure used a lot and have even gotten into debates about it in the past.

In general, it's about life experience and not so much about chronological age.

As a rule of thumb, I consider someone who is out of college, working in their adult vocation, financially independent and on their own, they have graduated from being VY[M/W]. This happens at different ages for different people. There are people who are company CEO's at 23 and others who are still flipping burgers at McDonald's and living with mom and dad at 30. Emotional maturity and experience in relationships is another thing that can vary vastly from person to person at different ages.

It really all depends on the person.
    Like Abraham Lincoln once said, "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet."

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    I still to this day think this is a totally subjective thing.

To a woman in her 60s, a man at 30 might be a VYM.

Anyhow, you have touched on an issue that has been part of a big debate that has been going on within this site for YEARS! lol (although really it has not been that laughable, honestly).

The truth is, I would rather avoid that whole VYM tag, and just say my significant other (s/o) or my partner...however, that will never happen. So the general consensus around here seems to be 18-25=VYM. *sigh*
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

QuietDido Guest
    I would say 18-25 is VYM/VYW. Why 25? Well, that's the age you can rent a car legally without any ridiculous extra fees for being young.

It's just a number thing...has nothing to do with maturity. There are very mature VYW/M out there and there are very immature senior citizens! It just depends.