AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: I'm getting threatening SPAM emails from here.

Baglady Guest

I'm getting threatening SPAM emails from here.

I haven't been on this site in a long time, since my younger guy went back to his wife. N-Y-Way, for the last few days I've been getting emails from accounts here pretending to be admin.

Here's the latest:

Dear Baglady,

You have received a new private message at Ageless Love - Your community for age gap relationship support! from TerryPhillipz, entitled "Spam detected.".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.agelesslove.com/boards/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    Hello. Email spam from your computer was detected! It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet).
    Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
    If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: hxxp://totalpcscan.com/detected/Nim;Hao;Dan Version 2.0;sweetdreams; (I disabled this as I am certain it is malware).
    This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.
    Sincerely, Terry Phillips.

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://www.agelesslove.com/boards/private.php

All the best,
    Ageless Love - Your community for age gap relationship support!

I also received the same email from other spammer members whose accounts should be deleted - but I'm guessing they have more. They're probably associated with whoever hacked you.

The other accounts are: GregBowen and ColinXHoward

gorillagirl Guest
    the site admins are likely aware of this.
    i think there's a post already about it in chit-chat under "Mod Note, Please Read."
    fyi- i got one also.

whyme Guest
    I received a similar one from Greg Bowen. I didn't open the exe file they sent however.

I did run a complete scan of my system though with my virus and spy-ware programs--zero "bad stuff" results.

QuietDido Guest
    I just got the same PM from the same guy....I forwarded it to a mod.

It's annoying stuff but as long as you don't click the links, you'll be fine.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Yes, please just keep forwarding the PMs to the staff. Please copy me if you send it to Jody or Katrina since I am on more frequently than them and will likely see the PM first. Greg, Kendrick, & Phillip have all been banned thus far and I've alerted both Katrina & Jody.

Thanks!
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    Okay, the emails ARE real and are coming from the site. It notifies your email any time you get a PM.

Its the actual PMs that are spam, and the system is just notifying you that you received the message. I hope that makes sense.

We are banning them as soon as we know about them, and we will do our to stay on top of things.
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

mplskan Guest

Thank you

Thank you, I got one too - and was very curious since I'm on a Mac, and there is only one botnet out there that you can get, and only by using pirated software. Anyway, it was good encouragement for me to check my system out anyway, and I was able to get rid of some tracking cookies. Thanks to the Admin folks who are taking care of the issue.

-mplskan

Stiletto is offline Senior Member

Me too..

Got the one from TerryPhillipz, forwarded to Angel and then deleted. Btw.. where can I find a list of mods?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

Jody<3 is offline Registered member
    You can find the list by clicking the tiny white link that says "forum leaders" on the main forum page...

but I can tell you Angel is the only moderator, and then there is Katrina and I, who are the administrators.

Thats it! lol
    What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~