AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: LGBT people in this forum?

pyrogen Guest

LGBT people in this forum?

Where do the gay people congregate? I'm a lesbian and looking for the forum for talking about my own situation.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Hi Pyrogen and welcome.

We used to have a Same Sex section but regretfully, it did not get a lot of use. We do have some gay members and they usually just post anywhere and get support.

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Despite there being two sections: OW/YM and YW/OM, people here in this forum will offer their support across those lines. This is a community of caring people, no matter the gender, age or sexual orientation. Sometimes the advice/comments received are not the ones one wants to hear, but... is that not the case in everyday life sometimes?
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

MaybeHisMate Guest

Anyone interested in starting a GLBT group?

Hi,

I just signed up today and was excited to see there was a Same Sex division on the message boards. Apparently, it no longer exists. Wondering if there is any way to reboot that or at least get a core of people who are in same sex relationships for friendship and problem-solving.

I'm 47 and have a 25-yo friend who confessed yesterday that he wants us to be a couple. That was a total hurricane. Would like to chat with other men and women who have/are experiencing this.

MHM

MaybeHisMate Guest

Looking for GLBT members for chat and support

Hi,
    I am the older half of a male couple. Looking to talk with others about common fears, joys, and general wisdom. Send me a message if you are interested. Let's get some people together!
    MHM

VenusDarkStar Guest
    I agree with SLK about your situation. Since this site is supposed to be about support for all unconventional/age gap relationships, you will receive that support in many of the sections provided in the forum. Or, maybe start a thread in "The Den"?

We don't want people judging us because we're in OW/YM or OM/YW relationships, so your relationship should be received with the same level of respect, regardless of gender mixes. Please post!...and welcome!

We did have a same sex forum for some time but it never got used and actually the same sex members said that they got more responses in the OW/YM or YW/OM sections so we removed them. If there is a need though I don't mind re-instating them and trying it again.
    Dandy likes this.

Dandy is offline Neophyte

Thumbs up A great forum, nice to see this community.

Hello,

I just thought I'd introduce myself and say hi.

I found this forum while searching for books on cross-generational relationships. It is awesome to see such support and understanding!
    You can add my name to the list of those who would like to see the same sex forum put back. I get that the support here is universal and super appreciate that fact! It would just be nice to have a little corner specifically as well...

I am the older male in our relationship and really struggle with this relatively new situation I have found myself in. I have never been so happy, yet so scared and frustrated at the same time!

I look forward to reading more of this forum and contributing as I can.
    Thanks!

Dandy
    Angel likes this.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    As the one who initially suggested the same sex forum, I will add to the support of seeing it reinstated. Perhaps not in the same way as it was, agreed, largely unused, but what about adding one sub-forum for same sex / non-traditional couples under the Support Network (where LDRs are housed)? That will allow you to provide the forum without overwhelming the page (which I know is the concern to not add a bunch of forums that aren't getting used)?

I do love that there are those asking for it back as it shows the word was out about Ageless offering support.
    DaphneDescends likes this.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

SheLikesKitties is offline OW/YM 21YR GAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    what about adding one sub-forum for same sex / non-traditional couples.
    Funny thing is that despite the fact that some of us are in non-traditional relationships (Age gap or same sex), this crowd is still somewhat traditional. Relationships with minors are not discussed here, affairs with married people are frowned upon, cougarism is not quite accepted either, sugar mommy/sugar daddy seekers, poligamy, adult incest, serious sadomasochism and bondage and humiliation... I don't know...

I am all for same sex couples, and we can consider other non-traditional couples that more or less fit the level of conservatism of this board.

The issue is not that I am hollier than thou, or judgemental, but if we open the compass too much the advice a person may receive will be completely unfocused. We are sometimes off target in our advise with the way things are now.
    Angel likes this.
    You know it's love when the pain of being apart is greater than the pain of being together.

I think the sub-forum idea is great. But meanwhile, you can post your concerns on the OW/YM OM/YW section, too. I'm sure people will be willing to give you the best advice they can!

degausser is offline Senior Member
    I think a LGBT section would be great. Although we all have many age gap concerns in common, I'm sure OW/YW and OM/YM have their own specific issues, just as OW/YM and OM/YW do. Typing all those letters made my brain hurt

I think such a section might encourage more same sex or transgender couples to join. I know we all get involved in each other's postings, as we should, but it's also comforting to know that there is a section geared towards your individual circumstances. I know I spend an embarrassing amount of time going through old OM/YW threads.
    Angel and young_lover21 like this.

Angel is offline Anger Thrives In A Fool
    Quote Originally Posted by SheLikesKitties View Post
    Funny thing is that despite the fact that some of us are in non-traditional relationships (Age gap or same sex), this crowd is still somewhat traditional. Relationships with minors are not discussed here, affairs with married people are frowned upon, cougarism is not quite accepted either, sugar mommy/sugar daddy seekers, poligamy, adult incest, serious sadomasochism and bondage and humiliation... I don't know...

I am all for same sex couples, and we can consider other non-traditional couples that more or less fit the level of conservatism of this board.

The issue is not that I am hollier than thou, or judgemental, but if we open the compass too much the advice a person may receive will be completely unfocused. We are sometimes off target in our advise with the way things are now.

Yep, I understand. I'm not suggesting they open the rules up any more then we had when we originally made the forum which non-traditional included the same-sex couples and any other couples. It was only thought to be a place to house conversations that had an age gap lean but were unusual (open relationships, same sex attraction in typically straight women/men, for example) without the topics getting lost in pages of traditional relationship support.
    there before the threshold, I saw a brighter world beyond myself

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

pinkunicorn is offline Senior Member
    I don't really know that a specific GLBT board is needed. I don't see a whole lot of GLBT-specific issues being posted anywhere else on the board.

Now, if there were a whole lot of posts in other sections specifically regarding GLBT couples, then I'd say we should start looking into a specific folder for those threads. But I really don't see anything recent that is regarding a GLBT relationship. Sure, it may be nice to see one, but I don't think it would be used that much.
    Redhead likes this.
    Never try to fit in when you are meant to stand out.

I will think about it but the reason I closed it down was because it was unused for about a year. Angel you bring up a good point about the other sections. Might be time to clean out some of those as well. No sense having sections that aren't getting used. Something to think about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast