AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: Too many issues here with the website

Day Guest

Too many issues here with the website

I wanted to post in the "den" forum and I got this:

"Day, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

If the new accounts on the forum have a certain limit of posting/accessing, it would be nice to have somewhere posted those rules, or have the activation email state them.

I was thrilled to find this forum, but at the moment, I am getting slightly irritated with the bugs and glitches. It's a simple PhPBB forum, and as a webmaster/developer myself, it doesn't strike me as a good platform with a good maintenance.

Stiletto is offline Senior Member
    You aren't the only one experiencing issues with the new format. Admin deals with them as they are reported, please be patient. I don't think there is a better age gap forum anywhere, not in English, anyway
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Age gap: 22 years, 6 days.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I wanted to post in the "den" forum and I got this:

"Day, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

If the new accounts on the forum have a certain limit of posting/accessing, it would be nice to have somewhere posted those rules, or have the activation email state them.

I was thrilled to find this forum, but at the moment, I am getting slightly irritated with the bugs and glitches. It's a simple PhPBB forum, and as a webmaster/developer myself, it doesn't strike me as a good platform with a good maintenance.

Day, perhaps you did not read this stickied thread in The Den which explains how the postings work in that section. Once you have reached 30 posts, and have been a member here for 30 days, you will be able to post there. We intentionally wait until members have been active posters on this site before allowing them to post in the discussion threads in that section.

http://www.agelesslove.com/boards/de...lcome-den.html

VenusDarkStar Guest
    I appreciate the challenges that we all may experience with this website as well as others, but as long as it remains FREE, I question the validity of the complaints.

Because of personal reasons or health challenges, some of the admin have had to step down, leaving one standing alone. Those who are aware of this aren't complaining, so I have to assume you are NOT, since normally, you seem to be a sensitive and compassionate person.

Hopefully just being aware of the challenges of moderating a website solo will help you to understand.

Day Guest
    GIJoesGirl,

Thank you, I know very well how these things work. I know also very well how it is not only to be a moderator, but a website owner and a developer. Also how it is to have a "free" website out there, I do have quite a few, of which the largest has close to 4,000 members (yes, a dating site) that is no. 1 in it's niche.

So I do know what a website owner/webmaster's responsibilities and duties are, no matter of the life challenges, trust me.

"Free" doesn't necessarily mean that someone pays out of their pockets for keeping it up. Also doesn't mean that you must not put up top-notch quality just because you offer a "free" website.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    GIJoesGirl,

Thank you, I know very well how these things work. I know also very well how it is not only to be a moderator, but a website owner and a developer. Also how it is to have a "free" website out there, I do have quite a few, of which the largest has close to 4,000 members (yes, a dating site) that is no. 1 in it's niche.

So I do know what a website owner/webmaster's responsibilities and duties are, no matter of the life challenges, trust me.

"Free" doesn't necessarily mean that someone pays out of their pockets for keeping it up. Also doesn't mean that you must not put up top-notch quality just because you offer a "free" website.
    Day, I trust that my response to your concern about The Den has given you the information that you need. I am sorry that you feel the site is not "top-notch" to you. I am unclear what other issues/concerns you have about the site, but do encourage you to PM me the details anytime you have an issue/concern/questions/suggestions.

VenusDarkStar Guest
    GIJoesGirl,

Day, I apologize if I've offended you. I didn't mean to say that just because a site is free that the maintenance costs fall on the shoulders of its owner(s). I realize that sites can pay for themselves and even profit through partnerships with other sites that have pay options.

I've noticed some glitches too, but nothing that would be cause for me to leave. I like the support system here. The people are amazing....and while we might sometimes get a virtual pillow thrown at our heads, support doesn't always have to be warm and fuzzy to be appreciated.

That being said, in view of your expertise, I can understand your frustration. I've always found the site admin to be very helpful and flexible in regards to our needs. Hope you can get your concerns addressed so you'll stick around....I enjoy your posts!