AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Thread: the "like" function

Redhead is offline Senior Member

the "like" function

How does the "like" function work? I somehow found that I can like a whole page, but what if I only want to like the statement in the middle of the whole page?
    I saw the option to like "top". What does "top" refer to? The most liked postings?

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    How does the "like" function work? I somehow found that I can like a whole page, but what if I only want to like the statement in the middle of the whole page?
    I saw the option to like "top". What does "top" refer to? The most liked postings?
    It's kinda like a Facebook thing....if you don't agree with all that a member says, you can always just leave it alone. If you agree with the general concept of what they're saying, it makes sense to "LIKE" it. I dunno...this feature is new to me here, so I often forget to "LIKE" posts even if I really liked it! LOL I have enough to keep up with my family and friends on Facebook! haha

Yes, I understand the basic idea about it (even if I am a FB opponent ), but I could not find where I can LIKE individual postings. Do I see it correctly that I have to like the whole page?
    And I do not understand what it means to like "TOP" (which was also one of the options).

VenusDarkStar Guest
    Yes, I understand the basic idea about it (even if I am a FB opponent ), but I could not find where I can LIKE individual postings. Do I see it correctly that I have to like the whole page?
    And I do not understand what it means to like "TOP" (which was also one of the options).
    Each posting has a LIKE option. I don't know about the "TOP" thing.

whiterose is offline Administrator
    I'll have to figure it out, too. No instruction manual provided to me when we upgrade. lol

Where are you seeing "top"?

When on a specific topic the "LIKE" pops up on the upper right corner - then I see "TOP". I see it for example in MOONBEAM's topic about dating sites.

Whiterose, that is funny that you also have to figure out how it works. I thought due to your board function you had selected these new features. I sort of thought you were all-knowing.

theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    I see the number of Likes at the top of the thread, then I see the ability to Like each individual post within the post. The Top function appears at the bottom of the thread and, when I click on it, it returns me to the top of the page, instead of scrolling all the way back.

Ok, I'll return to lurking now....

whiterose is offline Administrator
    When on a specific topic the "LIKE" pops up on the upper right corner - then I see "TOP". I see it for example in MOONBEAM's topic about dating sites.

Whiterose, that is funny that you also have to figure out how it works. I thought due to your board function you had selected these new features. I sort of thought you were all-knowing.
    lol well the truth is that I run the site but not in terms of the technical aspect. There is another admin who is responsible for upgrading the site to the new versions. And I just have to figure them out with the rest of you.