AgeMatch.com - the best dating site for inter-generational lovers!  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to I get a photo on to a post Larger then the little small one that Come

  1. #1
    trolleycar's Avatar
    trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Glenford, NY
    Posts
    292

    How to I get a photo on to a post Larger then the little small one that Come

    How to I get a photo on to a post Larger then the little small one that Come when you up load them from a file on my computer,
    There has to Be some way as I have scene larger ones with some posts.
    Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

  2. #2
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by trolleycar View Post
    How to I get a photo on to a post Larger then the little small one that Come when you up load them from a file on my computer,
    There has to Be some way as I have scene larger ones with some posts.
    Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    I think you have to upload them to a hosting site like photobucket. Then there's an image file..... (img) that you can copy and paste into a post. That should show the original size of the photo. You can set up a free account on photobucket.com and upload photos from your computer. They also have categories of photos that you can choose from and add to your own files.



    That's a photo I have saved on photobucket.

  3. #3
    trolleycar's Avatar
    trolleycar is offline I still play with trains
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Glenford, NY
    Posts
    292
    Hi the RealTrish
    Thanks For the answer to me question.
    I will have to get an account with photobucket then, I have wondered for a long time how to do that.
    I love the photo of the pup. It is just hard to believe my two house were that size at one time.
    Waldo is in the Dog house right now .
    The other morning I came out to find Waldo eating my wallet He things any thing made out of leather is a chew-toy or lunch.
    Thanks again

  4. #4
    VenusDarkStarLA's Avatar
    VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    I think you have to upload them to a hosting site like photobucket. Then there's an image file..... (img) that you can copy and paste into a post. That should show the original size of the photo. You can set up a free account on photobucket.com and upload photos from your computer. They also have categories of photos that you can choose from and add to your own files.



    That's a photo I have saved on photobucket.
    OMG...Fell in love with the doggie....and I'm usually a cat person.

  5. #5
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by trolleycar View Post
    Hi the RealTrish
    Thanks For the answer to me question.
    I will have to get an account with photobucket then, I have wondered for a long time how to do that.
    I love the photo of the pup. It is just hard to believe my two house were that size at one time.
    Waldo is in the Dog house right now .
    The other morning I came out to find Waldo eating my wallet He things any thing made out of leather is a chew-toy or lunch.
    Thanks again
    You're welcome. I hope it works for you.

    Thank goodness our Cockapoo, Reilly, doesn't chew on anything but his own toys.

    That's not a picture of Reilly. But, I've always loved Cocker Spaniels so I've saved a few cute photos. I would have shared a picture of Reilly but I don't have any uploaded to Photobucket.

    Anyway, I look forward to seeing the photos you share, TC.

  6. #6
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusDarkStarLA View Post
    OMG...Fell in love with the doggie....and I'm usually a cat person.
    That's not my dog, Val, but I love Cocker Spaniels. Our doggie is a Cockapoo....part Cocker and part Poodle. He's a cutie, too. I LOVE animals! I've been watching a show on Animal Planet, this afternoon, called Too Cute!. It's about all different animals that people have for pets. When my daughter was younger, we had two bunnies. They're really wonderful pets but they do require a lot more care than a kitty or a doggie....because they aren't as independent.

    PS - Glad to know things are going well with Joe. I was one of the people who said you should follow your heart. At our age, we have to forget about the naysayers and be true to ourselves. I did something similar to what you did.....contacting someone (not an age gap....he's a couple of years older than me) that everyone said I should forget about because of the way our relationship originally ended. I'll never regret that I made the first step back. I did what I had to do for myself.

    Sorry....didn't mean to hijack Trolleycar's thread.

    Here's a picture of Reilly that I uploaded to Photobucket. This was taken shortly after we got him. We rescued him from a shelter here in Rhode Island. We got him almost six years ago and the vet said that, then he was two or three....so, he's eight or nine now.


  7. #7
    VenusDarkStarLA's Avatar
    VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    386
    Awww Trish.....thanks for your thoughts about Joe and me and all the best to you too, but I know TC and I are still wondering how you got those lovely doggie pics to show up. So sweet!

    P.S. I know about Photobucket but just wondering how to do the proper code for regular files like jpeg that we may have stored on our computers. Penguinjackets help?

  8. #8
    chi77 Guest
    I was having the same problem. Angel told me how to do it just last week. I can only get it to work properly with photos from the web, and not from my computer.

    I go to Google images but I guess it would work from any photo on the web.

    Copy the URL (web address) and then click on the "insert image" icon in the post box.
    When the box comes up, click on "from URL".
    Past the URL into the box and uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".
    Click on ok.
    Worked for this photo of Leonardo Dicaprio. The "attached photo" is from my computer.

    Good luck. If you figure out how to do it with photos off your computer, let me know, otherwise, like Trish said, if you download your photos onto a site like Photobucket, it will work if you get them from there.

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chi77; 03-03-2013 at 04:23 PM.

  9. #9
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusDarkStarLA View Post
    Awww Trish.....thanks for your thoughts about Joe and me and all the best to you too, but I know TC and I are still wondering how you got those lovely doggie pics to show up. So sweet!

    P.S. I know about Photobucket but just wondering how to do the proper code for regular files like jpeg that we may have stored on our computers. Penguinjackets help?
    I don't know anything about Penguinjackets. I'll have to look into that. I don't know how to upload a photo directly from the computer....except an avatar photo.
    I'm pretty tech savvy for an old broad. lol! But, sometimes, lately, things seem more complicated. I just bought a wireless printer and my brain was tired by the time I got it setup. Although, that could have something to do with the fact that I worked 60 hours this past week. lol!

  10. #10
    Penguinjackets is offline Neophyte
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    I don't know anything about Penguinjackets. I'll have to look into that. I don't know how to upload a photo directly from the computer....except an avatar photo.
    I'm pretty tech savvy for an old broad. lol! But, sometimes, lately, things seem more complicated. I just bought a wireless printer and my brain was tired by the time I got it setup. Although, that could have something to do with the fact that I worked 60 hours this past week. lol!
    Haha!, I think she means me I'll look into when I get home and see what I can do.

  11. #11
    theREALTrish's Avatar
    theREALTrish is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinjackets View Post
    Haha!, I think she means me I'll look into when I get home and see what I can do.
    Ohhhh, I thought maybe it was a program or a hosting site. lol!

  12. #12
    VenusDarkStarLA's Avatar
    VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by theREALTrish View Post
    I don't know anything about Penguinjackets. I'll have to look into that. I don't know how to upload a photo directly from the computer....except an avatar photo.
    I'm pretty tech savvy for an old broad. lol! But, sometimes, lately, things seem more complicated. I just bought a wireless printer and my brain was tired by the time I got it setup. Although, that could have something to do with the fact that I worked 60 hours this past week. lol!
    OMG! "Penguinjackets" is a friend of mine who just recently joined the site. I should have clarified! He's really smart about these things, so I was appealing to him for help in case he was around. haha!

    @Chi....If web pics will work...in other words, anything with a URL attached to it....then we should be able to pull pics from Facebook. So I'm thinking that if we post computer photos to a social media site like FB, then they will have a URL. I'm gonna play with it sometime today.

    Addendum.....OK I just clicked on a photo in one of my FB albums and then it showed a URL for it. I just don't know what to put around it (brackets etc) to make it show up here.

  13. #13
    chi77 Guest
    when you're posting, click on the icon that has what looks like a photograph of a tree in the second row of icons above where you type. a box will come up. click on "from URL". paste the URL in the space, uncheck the box below and then i think click ok. OR i think you can also do [IMG] url [/IMG]

  14. #14
    VenusDarkStarLA's Avatar
    VenusDarkStarLA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    386

    Experiment with "Farmer Cat"



    Hmmm...Even the URL didn't show up after I submitted it. FAIL! LOL

    How to I get a photo on to a post Larger then the little small one that Come-farmer-cat.jpg

    Ugh...it's so tiny. Can hardly make out that it's a cat standing up wearing overalls. LOL OK....I give up in frustration for now.

  15. #15
    chi77 Guest
    if i can do this you can

    copy and paste the url into your post, then go back and put [IMG] at the front of it and [/IMG] at the end of it, forget the icon and box route.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •